Author Topic: American Journalist Beheaded by ISIS  (Read 7470 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: American Journalist Beheaded by ISIS
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »
Now it has come out the Obama grew a set and authorized a rescue attempt.

Good for them.

Also, good for them they only pulled a "Half Carter."  (Attempt made & failed, and we did not lose anyone like we did with Desert One.)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
Also, good for them they only pulled a "Half Carter."  (Attempt made & failed, and we did not lose anyone like we did with Desert One.)

Do you actually know the details behind Eagle Claw? You might want to read Col. John H. Kyle's book "The Guts to Try" before you blame the failure on Carter...it's easy to say "Well Carter *expletive deleted*ed up and didn't do what he was supposed to but in this case that was not so.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:23 AM »
Do you actually know the details behind Eagle Claw? You might want to read Col. John H. Kyle's book "The Guts to Try" before you blame the failure on Carter...it's easy to say "Well Carter *expletive deleted*ed up and didn't do what he was supposed to but in this case that was not so.

Checking Wiki, I see among the causes poor training and a lack of capabilities. I wonder who was responsible for a poorly trained, less capable military? (You may go to war, or in the case- rescue, with the Army you have, but the Army you have is a direct result of political decisions.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
My understanding was the mission was planned then sent through the chain where it was "improved" by various pencil pushers till it failed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
disregard.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
My understanding was the mission was planned then sent through the chain where it was "improved" by various pencil pushers till it failed

News this morning, if credible, had an OBL type raid on a compound in Syria, a gun battle that killed several militants, and no evidence of the hostage. No casualties save for one minor wound to one of the chopper's air crew.
I promise not to duck.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »
I was referring to Jimmy's fail in iran

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 11:10:56 AM »
Checking Wiki, I see among the causes poor training and a lack of capabilities. I wonder who was responsible for a poorly trained, less capable military? (You may go to war, or in the case- rescue, with the Army you have, but the Army you have is a direct result of political decisions.)

It wasn't Carter in this case, it was the post Vietnam treatment of the military. Eagle Claw happened just a few years after Vietnam...when the military was in a very neglected shape after the end of that war

More of trying to make do with what they had, it was to be an arduous mission even with the finest of equipment, which they didn't have.

8 helicopters were launched, 6 made it to the site, Two aborted due to mechanical failures. One aborted at the desert one site due to a hydraulic pump failure. Five were insufficient to carry the mission out, they aborted the mission at that point.

When the remaining helicopters were being refueled to return to the carrier, one was hovertaxing due to a flat tire and due to the extreme sandstorm, was following the ground guide and he inadvertently stepped back and the helicopter followed, smashing into the tanker.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
Now it has come out the Obama grew a set and authorized a rescue attempt.

But they didn't rescue anyone, leaving me to wonder if Obama sat on his hands long enough trying to decide yay or nay that the terrs simply moved the hostages elsewhere.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
Horrible turn of events..

But..

A US citizen hanging around conflict zones in the Middle East in the 21st century.

This might offend people, but "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is applicable here.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »

Yes, I have read accounts.  Got one account FTF from a participant. 

Carter was POTUS and CIC and cut .mil even more in office.  The office of POTUS is more than just a bundle of perks.  Sometimes it includes responsibility.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »
Well the good that came out of Eagle Claw was the standing up of the 160TH SOAR.  Best damn unit in the world when it comes to flying those aircraft that weren't meant to fly.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
The office of POTUS is more than just a bundle of perks.  Sometimes it includes responsibility.

Got to make those tee times.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
Got to make those tee times.

Nah, if you're late, they'll just bump the next groups off the schedule.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 04:21:38 PM »
They have 3 courses or 4 now at Andrews ?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
You're missing the big strategic picture. The golf is an intimidation tactic.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/08/21/Joe-Scarborough-Obama-Golfing-Sends-Screw-You-Message-to-Terrorists

Terrorists = noncollectivists living in the USA

Barack Obama

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »
Oh Holder has ISIS on the run now.  The DOJ is investigating the beheading as a crime. :facepalm: :rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »
Oh Holder has ISIS on the run now.  The DOJ is investigating the beheading as a crime. :facepalm: :rofl:

I noticed by your wording that it wasn't a hate crime... the religeon if peace is incapable if hate and white males are incapable if being hate crime vuctins-unless they are openky gay.

Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »
You're missing the big strategic picture. The golf is an intimidation tactic.

This is his "come at me bro" body language.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »

I thought he was auditioning for "A Chorus Line".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
I thought he was auditioning for "A Chorus Line".

Nah. Dancing professionally actually involves work.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »

My daughter used to wear that style of shoes to school.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 11:59:08 AM »
Whatever his faults,the President is wearing appropriate golf attire.
jeff w

I like onions!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »