Author Topic: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US  (Read 145763 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:24:56 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Be interesting to see how it got here. The fact that it's in a border state is especially interesting.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Minimal comfort in the fact it's not down the corridor from me, which I expected on opening the link.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
So what are you going to do? Seal the your house with duct tape and refuse to come out?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
So what are you going to do? Seal the your house with duct tape and refuse to come out?

:facepalm:

I'm going to keep informed. If further steps are required later I'll take them. I thought about making smart ass comments to people on internet forums who were trying to be helpful and disseminate useful information, but I don't have that kind of time.

CDC is reporting the guy flew in from Liberia, reported symptoms on the 24th, was not hospitalized until the 28th. 4 days of being infectious out in the wild, be interesting to see how much it spread from that.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »
I'm waiting for something like this to pop up in India or China.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »

That will be a game changer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
That will be a game changer

Calls to mind visions of opening scenes from a zombie flick. Crowds and chaos followed by piles, pits, and fires.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »

Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan/similar would be much worse than China or India. China and India have a lot of modern hospitals and plenty of doctors.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
:facepalm:

I'm going to keep informed. If further steps are required later I'll take them. I thought about making smart ass comments to people on internet forums who were trying to be helpful and disseminate useful information, but I don't have that kind of time.

CDC is reporting the guy flew in from Liberia, reported symptoms on the 24th, was not hospitalized until the 28th. 4 days of being infectious out in the wild, be interesting to see how much it spread from that.

So if Ebola is found in one person in your current city and your boss is requiring you to go to work or lose you job, what will you do?

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 07:29:41 PM »
So if Ebola is found in one person in your current city and your boss is requiring you to go to work or lose you job, what will you do?

Troll people on APS with ridiculous hypotheticals? Or would that be taking over your territory?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
Troll people on APS with ridiculous hypotheticals? Or would that be taking over your territory?

If I am a troll then you are Chicken Little.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
Meh. There have been 450 cases of various hemorrhagic fevers in the us in the last 25 years and the mortality rate here is always much less than elsewhere. Not sweating it yet.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »

I'll take "More information, please" for a thousand, Alex.

It's like the fact that there are several vials of different strains of smallpox floating around out there and one of the likely corridors of transport in down the middle of where I live.  But without additional information I just don't know whether to be scared out of my wits, check to see if my last inoculation is still any good, or go get a seat and watch the chaos-monkeys.

While you are scrounging up more information would you please tell me if you have stopped beating your wife.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
I'll take "More information, please" for a thousand, Alex.

It's like the fact that there are several vials of different strains of smallpox floating around out there and one of the likely corridors of transport in down the middle of where I live.  But without additional information I just don't know whether to be scared out of my wits, check to see if my last inoculation is still any good, or go get a seat and watch the chaos-monkeys.

While you are scrounging up more information would you please tell me if you have stopped beating your wife.

stay safe.

We got West Nile and Chikungunya reported where I live, hasn't slowed life down yet.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »
West Nile out here too. The world still turns.
There is a lot of money to be made with fear, and political goals

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »
If I am a troll then you are Chicken Little.

Your posts in this thread are definitely trolling.

This is something that has the potential to become a problem. I am posting information about it. ZOMG CHICKEN LITTLE!!!

;/

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
Your posts in this thread are definitely trolling.

This is something that has the potential to become a problem. I am posting information about it. ZOMG CHICKEN LITTLE!!!

;/

How can Ebola become a problem in the US? US is not third world Africa.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »
How can Ebola become a problem in the US? US is not third world Africa.

It seems we are going to see how well your hypothesis holds up.

Allowing folks from countries experiencing Ebola epidemics to fly into major population centers and potentially infect US citizens?

Sounds like a problem to me; even if only one person is infected and dies stateside from exposure to this guy, it's a problem.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »
I am reminded of the folks trying to hang the recent enterovirus outbreak on the "brown hordes" . When in fact it was identified in the 60's in California

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »
It seems we are going to see how well your hypothesis holds up.

Allowing folks from countries experiencing Ebola epidemics to fly into major population centers and potentially infect US citizens?

Sounds like a problem to me; even if only one person is infected and dies stateside from exposure to this guy, it's a problem.

Influenza kills thousands of Americans each year, so lets close our borders and end all international travel into the US.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
I am reminded of the folks trying to hang the recent enterovirus outbreak on the "brown hordes" . When in fact it was identified in the 60's in California

Yea, my concern of pandemic has nothing to do with the best way of dealing with ebola (isolation/quarantine) and is a manifestation of my latent racism  :facepalm:

Who cares if a few (or many?) people die an unimaginable death as long as its in the name of fairness, diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism right?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 08:23:29 PM »
Influenza kills thousands of Americans each year, so lets close our borders and end all international travel into the US.

Why don't we send your wife to the airport to be the personal greeter for flights coming from pandemic stricken countries?

Ebola is not the flu, don't act the fool.