Main Forums > The Roundtable

So what's everone paying for gasoline?

<< < (3/738) > >>

makattak:
I sort of feel old doing the "$3 for gas and we're happy about it!!!11!!", since I can remember when a gallon of gas was under a dollar and milk was under $2.

It's just kind of feeling old though, since it was only 15 years ago.

Ben:
$4.12 for regular, $3.99 for diesel.

While the entire rest of the country sees lower prices, starting in JAN2015, CA is going to add a "carbon tax" (signed into law by the great conservative Schwarzenegger) that is going to drastically increase the per gallon price to the highest in the country. Apparently the law allows for a range for the increase.

No news source seems to give the same figure (partly because of the poorly written law, or maybe they did it on purpose), but the aggregate range is anywhere from $0.16 - $1.30 per gallon. This would be on top of the $0.68/gal tax we already pay. The smart money seems to be betting that they'll start at around $0.20-$0.30/gal, then play the "frog in the pot" game and slowly raise the tax to their maximum over a few years.

K Frame:
I remember when gasoline was 56 cents a gallon, but that was when I was a kid.

When I started paying for gasoline, I think 87 was in the 80 cents a gallon range and hi test was about a buck.

Tallpine:

--- Quote from: makattak on October 10, 2014, 10:34:02 AM ---I sort of feel old doing the "$3 for gas and we're happy about it!!!11!!", since I can remember when a gallon of gas was under a dollar and milk was under $2.

It's just kind of feeling old though, since it was only 15 years ago.

--- End quote ---

Hell, I can remember filling up my '65 Impala for about $5  :facepalm:

Ben:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 10, 2014, 10:41:46 AM ---I remember when gasoline was 56 cents a gallon, but that was when I was a kid.

When I started paying for gasoline, I think 87 was in the 80 cents a gallon range and hi test was about a buck.

--- End quote ---

It was around 50 cents just when I started driving in 1976. It had just shot up from hovering around 25 cents for many years. This was right after "gas rationing" where you got gas on certain days based on your license plate being odd or even. Shortly after I started driving it jumped up to around 75 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version