Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384686 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1550 on: January 03, 2019, 01:00:39 AM »
Thortons on Roosevelt Rd in West Chicano errr, Chicago.  $1.94*.  First time since the 1990's, I've seen gas under $2.00 in Illinois.

(before any discounts.  I ended paying $1.88/gal net.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1551 on: January 03, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »
1.78 e-10 Ankeny, Ia
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #1552 on: January 04, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »
New station opened in the area just before Christmas.  They have been selling gas really cheap, all the way down to $1.17, which started a bit of a price war in the immediate area.  In general, prices are a bit higher than that.  Paid $1.49 on the way to work this morning.  Last week at the in-laws in upstate New York, paid $2.89.

Forgot to post yesterday.  Price war over.  Prices jumped on the 3rd to $2.09.  This morning they were at $1.98.  So much for the cheap gas...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1553 on: January 04, 2019, 10:41:17 AM »
The Citgo near my house dropped from $2.25 to $2.19 yesterday.

But, crude oil and gasoline are on the move up, so we may be seeing the last of the downward trend for awhile.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1554 on: January 19, 2019, 02:03:33 PM »
This past Monday all the local stations jumped about 14 cents to $2.09 on average.  The rising price of oil finally caught up with us.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1555 on: January 19, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
We're at $2.10.  Last week I filled both vehicles.  One at $1.93 and other at $1.83.  We pay 60.8 cents a gallon in state and fed tax per gallon.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1556 on: January 22, 2019, 07:32:09 AM »
It's slowly creeping up here in Northern Virginia.

The Citgo near my house bottomed out at $2.09 and has since risen to $2.17.

The Exxon near where I do most of my shopping? Still at $2.99. Absolutely ludicrous, but it's the only gas station on about a 5 mile stretch of road.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1557 on: January 22, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »
$ 2.49/gallon this morning at the Marysville Costco, 45 miles north of Seattle.  The last time it was this low was in October 2017.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1558 on: January 23, 2019, 08:28:31 AM »
Interestingly the Citgo near my house dropped 2 cents.

WTI is still in the $52-54 a barrel range right now, and has been hovering there for a bit. I'm actually sort of surprised, as I expected it to be about $10 a barrel higher right now.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #1559 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »
Saw it was $2.73 here in Vegas on Monday.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1560 on: January 24, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
Average price around here jumped 17 cents yesterday to $2.25.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1561 on: March 21, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »
Well, prices have been on the move. I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. Crude is pushing $60 a barrel and it's time to switch the more expensive winter blend gasoline for the more expensive summer blend gasoline.

Prices have gone up about 20 cents a gallon in the past 3 weeks here in Northern Virginia.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1562 on: March 21, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
Volatile is right.  We're in the $2.35 to $2.55 range all over the local area. That's up from around $2.18 just a couple of weeks ago.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:05:42 PM by RocketMan »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1563 on: March 21, 2019, 07:02:48 PM »
Up over 20 cents per gallon over the past two weeks here north of Seattle. I paid $2.73/gallon at the Marysville Costco today.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1564 on: March 22, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
Up to $2.45 here this morning
 :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #1565 on: March 23, 2019, 04:51:18 AM »
Was 2.999 last week, now $3.199 this week. And that's for the cheap stuff.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1566 on: June 11, 2019, 11:15:53 AM »
Thought I'd revisit this...

Since the last post a couple of months ago prices topped out in the $2.79 range at the Citgo near my house and have retreated to $2.69. There are still some outlier stations, like the Exxon I've talked about, where the price is still over $3 a gallon because it's the only station for about a 4 mile stretch of busy road.

Over the past 2 months crude has drawn back, dropping almost $10 a barrel, and gasoline futures have been trading consistently lower. In mid to late April it topped out around $2.10 a gallon. Today futures are trading around $1.75 a gallon.

Even better, Bloomberg energy is now predicting that not only will prices start to slump in the coming weeks, finally catching up with falling futures, but given the softening international economy and ongoing trade issues, the IEA is expected to predict a much lower demand in 2020 than was previously expected...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-09/bulls-beware-the-2020-oil-market-is-quickly-turning-ugly

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1567 on: June 11, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
It's been $3.25 in southwest Idaho for the last few weeks, but I just now filled up at Costco for $3.05 for 87.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #1568 on: June 11, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »
It's been $3.25 in southwest Idaho for the last few weeks, but I just now filled up at Costco for $3.05 for 87.

Wow, Idaho is expensive.

We've been at $2.40-ish for most places, but BJs (Costco competitor) is at $2.22 today. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1569 on: June 11, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
Wow, Idaho is expensive.

We've been at $2.40-ish for most places, but BJs (Costco competitor) is at $2.22 today. 

Idaho, like WA likes to tack on the taxes to gas. :(

Not the most but far from the lowest.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1570 on: June 11, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »
Idaho, like WA likes to tack on the taxes to gas. :(

Not the most but far from the lowest.

bob

Also, at least if the news is to be believed, refineries in the Rockies always shutting down for one thing or another create spikes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1571 on: June 11, 2019, 12:01:42 PM »
Also, at least if the news is to be believed, refineries in the Rockies always shutting down for one thing or another create spikes.

I still fill up every time I go to Idaho, it runs an avg of 15-20 cents less a gallon than right across the border in WA.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1572 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:27 PM »
I still fill up every time I go to Idaho, it runs an avg of 15-20 cents less a gallon than right across the border in WA.

bob

Yeah, everytime I drive to Ontario, OR, I see it's about $0.25 more per gallon as soon as you cross the border. Though with OR, I'm not sure how much of that is enviro taxes and how much is paying for someone to pump your gas.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1573 on: June 11, 2019, 01:45:34 PM »
$ 3.09 on last Saturday at the Marysville Costco, 40 miles north of Seattle.  That is a drop of about $ 0.15/gallon over the past two weeks.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1574 on: June 11, 2019, 02:43:59 PM »
$2.27 this morning around the Tulsa area.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams