Main Forums > The Roundtable

So what's everone paying for gasoline?

<< < (2/738) > >>

vaskidmark:
$2.88 (down from $2.91 overnight) at the RaceWay (independent, cheapest available) down the street from me, and matched by the Shell and BP stations nearby.  Down the road about 5 miles it's $2.81.

The talking heads are predicting even lower prices "as we get into the winter months when people are driving less."  You'd think refineries and the rest of the system would know to cut back production in anticipation and keep the supply/demand ratio about stable.

stay safe.

roo_ster:
Closest to the house is $3.09.9/gal for 87 octane this AM.  Very handy for many folk, so that can charge a bit more.

Can get as low as $2.90/gal or so at Sams/Costco for 87 octane.

FTR: Newer automobiles will advance/retard ignition to accommodate whatever octane gasoline is poured into them.  The admonition to use Premium is how the manuf games CAFE and EPA rules.  Likely you will not notice hte slight dip in top end performance if you use 87 octane vs more expensive 93 octane.

charby:

--- Quote from: roo_ster on October 10, 2014, 10:15:56 AM ---FTR: Newer automobiles will advance/retard ignition to accommodate whatever octane gasoline is poured into them.  The admonition to use Premium is how the manuf games CAFE and EPA rules.  Likely you will not notice hte slight dip in top end performance if you use 87 octane vs more expensive 93 octane.

--- End quote ---

I wish I could in my pickup, lowest I can go without pinging is 89 octane, which some oil supplier where I live deemed too expensive to offer about a year ago, so that disappeared from all the pumps in Iowa.

I'm never going to have a supercharged/turbocharged gasoline engine daily driver ever again, well unless I get a Ford with an ecoboost.

cassandra and sara's daddy:
2.95 here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jocassee:
2.89 in SC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version