Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384658 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:16 AM »
Saw 1.99 last night on the way home from Greenville, at the sketchy looking station. Local to me is still floating around 2.10
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2015, 11:23:20 AM »
WTI just broke below $43 a barrel.

Gas futures are also down, but still are above where they were a week ago.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »
Where are you? Prices are continuing to drop here (albeit slowly).

There've been issues with a refinery in Indiana, IIRC, which has impacted supplies to part of the midwest.

In Tulsa and I think they are using the refinery issues in Indiana as the excuse.  Funny thing is there are two refineries right here in Tulsa.  ;/ [tinfoil]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:18 PM »
There's a refinery in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Same thing. Gas is a chunk more expensive in town than it is in the surrounding communities.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
Local prices jumped well above $3 yesterday in my area due to the Indiana refinery problem. I filled up at ~$2.50 2 days before.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »
Local prices jumped well above $3 yesterday in my area due to the Indiana refinery problem. I filled up at ~$2.50 2 days before.

We are dealing with the same refinery problems here in Ohio.  Ohio stations are at $2.99/gallon for gas, since I work in Kentucky I filled up at lunch for $2.35/gallon.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
WTI and gasoline futures are getting pummeled today.

Gasoline has slipped below $2.50 a gallon at a couple of stations in my area.

I heard an industry analyst on WTOP radio saying that he expects gasoline to drop below $2 a gallon in the National Capitol Region.

The recent headline that absolutely killed me is here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-17/algeria-calls-for-non-opec-output-cut-to-stop-oil-price-slump

Essentially, the head of Alergia's oil production (I think) has called on NON-OPEC producers to cut production to shore up prices.

In other words, he wans non OPEC producers to surrender market share that will be immediately grabbed by OPEC.

Nice try!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2015, 11:48:34 AM »
$3.29 here in Illinois.  I was paying anywhere from $1.99-2.09 last week in SC.

I really hate this state.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:28 AM »
WTI and gasoline futures are getting pummeled today. Gasoline has slipped below $2.50 a gallon at a couple of stations in my area.

I heard an industry analyst on WTOP radio saying that he expects gasoline to drop below $2 a gallon in the National Capitol Region.

The recent headline that absolutely killed me is here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-17/algeria-calls-for-non-opec-output-cut-to-stop-oil-price-slump

Essentially, the head of Alergia's oil production (I think) has called on NON-OPEC producers to cut production to shore up prices.

In other words, he wans non OPEC producers to surrender market share that will be immediately grabbed by OPEC.
Nice try!

I wouldn't put it past Obama to do just that.  And maybe have the EPA shut down a few refineries just for giggles.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »
I wouldn't put it past Obama to do just that.  And maybe have the EPA shut down a few refineries just for giggles.

And just HOW would the "Big Bad 'Bama" do that?

Everyone seems to think that the President, PERSONALLY (and no matter who the President is) has a big valve in the Oval Office that he can turn to control the supply of fuel and crude oil.

Because there's no state agency that controlls production, as there is in Russia and Venezuela or the other OPEC nations, the government can't arbitrarily screw with production to produce a short-term event.

If EPA tried to shut down refineries on an arbitrary whim, the Federal court injunction stopping that action would take maybe 8 hours to be issued. It's happened before, in the 1970s, when Carter's Energy Czar (IIRC it was him) tried to do a massive quasi-nationalization of production, storage, and refining in response to the OPEC embargos.

It didn't work. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
Oh, and just for grins and giggles...

Crude oil is now under $1 a gallon.

The break point is 42 gallons, which is the amount in a "barrel" of oil.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2015, 02:22:13 PM »
Everyone seems to think that the President, PERSONALLY (and no matter who the President is) has a big valve in the Oval Office that he can turn to control the supply of fuel and crude oil.

Mike makes a great point. Obama had to put on his wetsuit to go down and fix the gulf oil leak a few years back.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »
I paid a high of 3.29 to a low of 2.27 as I drove from Minnesota to va

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:20 AM »
It's looking very possible that crude oil might break through the $40 a barrel barrier today.

Gasoline futures are continuing to drop, nearly 15 cents a gallon in the last two days.

China's stock market/economy continues to wallow, and we're getting ready for another big selloff in the early going for the Dow.

I'm beginning to think that the world is slipping right back into recession.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2015, 08:28:01 AM »
I'm beginning to think that the world is slipping right back into recession.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2015, 09:43:49 AM »
We've dropped below $2.20 a gallon at a few local stations.
Noticed that oil has dropped well below the $40/barrel level finally.  I wonder if the drop will accelerate now that that psychological barrier has been crossed?

Stocks are taking a pounding.  Down over 1k points at the opening bell.  They has since recovered some, down about 550 now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
The true drop in gas prices are going to come right after Labor Day, aka "Everyone Stops Driving Because All The Little Shits Are Back in Skool Day."

I think oil has an outside shot at closing below $38 a barrel today, but more likely above $38, maybe even slightly above $39.

Gasoline and heating oil futures are getting absolutely pummeled right now, down 6 cents and almost 5.5 cents, respectively. The heating oil number is the one that really interests me because of Mom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
The station near me was $2.08 last night. Probably $2.44 today.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »
The station near me was $2.08 last night. Probably $2.44 today.

Why would it have gone up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »
I saw something about the possibility of oil going all the way down to under $20 a barrel.  That's less the $.50 a gallon. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
I saw something about the possibility of oil going all the way down to under $20 a barrel.  That's less the $.50 a gallon. 

I bet pump gas will never go below $1.75 nationwide average.

When gas was $.99-1.17 gallon, oil was at $10-$15 a barrel. Also fuel taxes have increased in a few state since those days.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #322 on: August 24, 2015, 04:44:29 PM »
Oil, gas,and heating oil futures were slaughtered today.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:21 AM »
Topped off at 2.089 last night in Granbury. Still 2.349 here.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2015, 02:40:15 AM »

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk