Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384732 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1175 on: August 31, 2017, 05:32:09 PM »
This chart http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/  that Mike Irwin linked to awhile back says gas is only three cents per gallon in Venezuela.  Road trip!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1176 on: August 31, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
2,29 in mo at closest station on this side. I need to run over to the one in Kansas tomorrow and get about 40 gallon guessing might be 2.50 a gallon by then.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #1177 on: August 31, 2017, 06:43:12 PM »
This chart http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/  that Mike Irwin linked to awhile back says gas is only three cents per gallon in Venezuela.  Road trip!

Not many people have (working) cars anymore....so very low demand...Except for Molotov Cocktails..
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1178 on: August 31, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »
What was $2.45 this morning is now $2.55 this evening.  We're up over 60 cents in some places in the last two weeks.
Four bucks a gallon, here we come!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #1179 on: August 31, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
If we are going to Venezuela we need to stock up on toilet paper before we cross the border.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
Re:
« Reply #1180 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »
If we are going to Venezuela we need to stock up on toilet paper before we cross the border.

Just use their currency.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #1181 on: August 31, 2017, 08:01:27 PM »
Not many people have (working) cars anymore....so very low demand...Except for Molotov Cocktails..

At prices that cheap I'm surprised no one is using a tanker ship to haul the gas up here or somewhere else.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #1182 on: August 31, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »
What was $2.45 this morning is now $2.55 this evening.  We're up over 60 cents in some places in the last two weeks.
Four bucks a gallon, here we come!

It'll bubble only as long as it takes the refineries in Houston to get pumping again.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1183 on: August 31, 2017, 10:42:58 PM »
Here (between Dallas & Tyler TX) the local Murphy was $2.19 at 1000hrs.  Two hours later I went outside for a break, the price was still at $2.19.  As I was getting ready to exit the truck 15 min. later the price jumped to $2.25, before I was able to shut the door it was $2.35 - with long lines.

Seems as if someone had started a rumor about a gasoline shortage, due to the refineries down south being shut down, and there were higher prices and long lines all over the DFW & outlying areas.  From what I heard, the problem with that rumor (beside the chaos caused) is that the gasoline in this area comes from Oklahoma. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re:
« Reply #1184 on: August 31, 2017, 10:51:32 PM »
Oooops....retracted.   wrong thread
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1185 on: August 31, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
$2.39 at noon north of Tulsa.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1186 on: September 01, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »
Today starts a new options contract period, and prices are backing off a bit.

Colonial says that their pipelines in Texas are going to be fully restored in a few days and the first refineries have begun the restart procedure. Still going to be a long haul as it won't be known for at least a few days how much damage there is at refineries that were in the major strike area.

But, I think the worst of the price jumps are over for the moment. We're probably going to see residual jumps in pump prices for a couple of weeks but, hopefully, by mid to late September we should see pump prices start to slip.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1187 on: September 01, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
It'll bubble only as long as it takes the refineries in Houston to get pumping again.

This is true.  The unknown is how long it will take to get the refineries and pipelines back in shape.  Motiva, the largest refiner in the country, is refusing to predict how long it will take them to get back online.  They just don't know the condition of their plant at this point, and won't know until they can get their teams back onsite to evaluate and start repairs.  It's likely the same for all the refiners that were forced to shut down.

Another unknown is the spare parts and materials situation.  Will there be a shortage of replacement parts needed to get the plants back up and running? What kind of stockpile of day-to-day spares and SPOF parts did the various refiners maintain?  Did their spare parts stock suffer damage from the flooding? What is available off-the-shelf from distributors and manufacturers?  Manufacturing lead times and transportation issues will also play a part in how soon many of the refineries get back up and running.
Lots of unknowns to figure out in the next few weeks.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #1188 on: September 01, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »
Also prices would have probably gone up some, although not as much, this weekend anyways since it is Labor Day weekend.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1189 on: September 01, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »
Today starts a new options contract period, and prices are backing off a bit.

Colonial says that their pipelines in Texas are going to be fully restored in a few days and the first refineries have begun the restart procedure. Still going to be a long haul as it won't be known for at least a few days how much damage there is at refineries that were in the major strike area.

But, I think the worst of the price jumps are over for the moment. We're probably going to see residual jumps in pump prices for a couple of weeks but, hopefully, by mid to late September we should see pump prices start to slip.

My $4 buck a gallon prediction may have been hasty, but gas north of $3 gallon wouldn't surprise me at the rate it's been increasing.  Most of our gas around here comes via pipeline from the gulf coast.  Prices spiked pretty good when the pipeline went down twice last year.  Once because it started leaking, and once because a heavy equipment operator damaged the line and caused an explosion.  He died in that incident if I remember correctly.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1190 on: September 01, 2017, 08:33:12 AM »
"but gas north of $3 gallon wouldn't surprise me at the rate it's been increasing."

As I said yesterday, there are those who are predicting that, especially if damage to the refineries is severe, or the re-entry to production becomes a problem.

You'll definitely see areas where it goes over $3 a gallon. Hell, there's a station in Virginia, an Exxon, where regular unleaded hasn't been below $3 a gallon in over a decade. They're the only gas station for about 3 miles in any direction and sit right before the entrance to the GW Parkway, so they're trying for the desperation gas purchase, is my guess. But that's neigh on gouging as far as I'm concerned, when your average daily spread is north of $1.20 a gallon as compared to other stations in the area.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #1191 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »
Up around $0.30 overnight, on my trip to work from NoVA to central MD.  Around $2.65, generally.  I expect the Exxon on the corner by my office is pushing $3, but didn't get a chance to see the sign this morning.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1192 on: September 01, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
I tanked up at $2.55 this morning on my way in.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1193 on: September 01, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
I started this thread on 10 October 2014.

Didn't think it was that long ago...

But on that date the price for a gallon of regular at the Citgo near my house (where I tanked up this morning, was $3.15.

The high for WTI crude in 2014 was $105 and change a barrel.

When I started this thread it had dropped into the lower to mid $80s, and since the end of 2014 has consistently traded below $60 a barrel, even dropped into the high $20s for a short period.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1194 on: September 01, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »
For some reason, I doubt the gas in Venezuela meets US standards for emissions and other stuff.  I am not sure I want to put that in my truck.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #1195 on: September 01, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
For some reason, I doubt the gas in Venezuela meets US standards for emissions and other stuff.  I am not sure I want to put that in my truck.
I thought I read somewhere that gasoline in Venezuela comes from the US?  They ship crude to the US and Citgo sends back the refined products(s). 

Yep, 95 Octane most US would run like crap as they need at least 97-98 Octane.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-us-citgo-increases-exports-to-venezuela-giving-pdvsa-a-breather-2016-11
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1196 on: September 01, 2017, 01:27:31 PM »

Yep, 95 Octane most US would run like crap as they need at least 97-98 Octane.

I think they use a different system for octane ratings in South America.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1197 on: September 01, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »
2.12 this am for e-85. 1.85 yesterday for e-85
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1198 on: September 01, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
Up another dime (at least) to $2.65 - $2.75 in this area, and spot shortages developing.  A cow-orker had to go through three stations on the way to work today to find one that had gas.  I ran across a station today that would only sell for cash, no debit or credit.
Bought some extra gas cans and filled them today in case spot shortages get worse next week.  We'll start topping off our vehicles after every drive until this blows over.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1199 on: September 01, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »
Went from 2.29 this morning to 2.59 this afternoon.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG