Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384608 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1275 on: November 29, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »
Price is coming down a little bit here in NoVA. Station near my house went from $2.45 to $2.39 over the span of about 2 weeks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1276 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »
And.... the price of gas jumped 11 cents over last night.  $2.39 a gallon now in many places.
I'd predicted the bottom would be $2.29 a week or two ago.  I wasn't far off, since it reached $2.28 before the bump.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1277 on: November 29, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »
Saw it at $2.09 this evening.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1278 on: November 30, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »
And.... the price of gas jumped 11 cents over last night.  $2.39 a gallon now in many places.
I'd predicted the bottom would be $2.29 a week or two ago.  I wasn't far off, since it reached $2.28 before the bump.

Where's that? That's one hell of a jump based on current market conditions.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1279 on: November 30, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »
Where's that? That's one hell of a jump based on current market conditions.

Hickory, NC.  Several other stations followed that jump today to $2.38-$2.39, but the ones that jumped yesterday fell back 13 cents today to $2.26.  Like you said, no market reasons for the changes.  Maybe a glitch in the pipeline, short term strike at the depot, who knows?
It's weird in any event.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1280 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:28 PM »
$2.67 this morning at the Marysville Costco, 40 miles north of Seattle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #1281 on: November 30, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
I should start calculating my cost per mile for McDoubles.  Got 73 miles on a Taco Casa burrito and three large sodas (and at least 6L of water) once.

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get rid of the oversized tank yet, so it may throw the numbers off a bit.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1282 on: November 30, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
$2.06 this evening.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #1283 on: December 01, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »
$2.39 in NC yesterday. Flew to LA: $3.48.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

erictank

• friends
« Reply #1284 on: December 01, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
Two gas stations a half mile apart on US 29, on my way into work in MD this morning right off the Capital Beltway:

BP, $2.559/gal

Sunoco, $2.419/gal.  You can literally see the Sunoco up the hill from before you get to the BP.

Really, BP???

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1285 on: December 01, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »
"Really, BP???"

They've got to pay off those Gulf oil spill fines and judgments somehow.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1286 on: December 06, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »
That's also really weird, because in Arlington, near where I drop Seren for doggy daycare, the Shell is $2.49, the Liberty and Sunoco are $2.39, and the BP is at $2.33.

All four are within a block of each other. The Liberty and Shell are literally next door to each other.

The independent station near my office came down from $2.79 to $2.69 yesterday. Their gas prices have always been the highest in the area, but for some reason the Springfield, Virginia, area is typically 10 to 15 cents more than other areas I travel in the state.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1287 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »
Gas has been crazy around here.  It goes up to 2.69, then down to 2.50, then down to 2.40's and back up to 2.69.  It's around 2.35 now.  We took a drive over toward Lake Michigan on Monday.  We went through a little town called Zeeland.  One station on the corner was. 2.29 and the one across the street was 2.72.  I've noticed that the smaller towns out in the counties have gas cheaper than in the Grand Rapids municipal area.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1288 on: December 06, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »
Crude dropped some today, let's see of Trumps embassy plan erases that loss.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1289 on: December 06, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »
Saw it at $1.99 yesterday.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1290 on: December 06, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
Was 2.32 this morning.  2.51 this afternoon.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1291 on: December 06, 2017, 05:33:30 PM »
Holy crap! A 20 cent a gallon rise in a day?

That's nuts.

Around here it's slowly dropping at other stations, as well.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #1292 on: December 06, 2017, 06:37:23 PM »
$1.94 for unleaded is the cheapest in my area yesterday (SE TN).  The $0.20 per gallon increase has been fairly common in my area. Seldom is it $0.01 or $0.02/gallon any more.  It is $2.17 at the station that is close to my house.  Gas tends to be higher along the main highway I live off.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #1293 on: December 08, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
Paid $2.69 for premium last night.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1294 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
I had to drive to Fresno yesterday, where the cheapest brand name gas I found was $3.07 at Valero for 87. It's running about $2.87 here.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1295 on: December 08, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
$2.229 for E-10 at the cheapest place in town.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1296 on: December 08, 2017, 10:49:40 AM »
Slowly falling here, with many stations at $2.23-$2.24.  Love's at the US321 and NC10 exit is at $2.20.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1297 on: December 08, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
Still $1.99 yesterday when I filled up.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1298 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:16 PM »
My go-to station was at $2.45 today, down from $2.49 earlier in the week. A station a couple of miles down the road was at $2.55, down from $2.59.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1299 on: December 15, 2017, 05:58:00 AM »
Another weird price bump here.  My usual station went from $2.21 to $2.31 overnight, and has now dropped back to $2.19 two days later.
Most other stations followed suit.  And those that lead on the price increase have now dropped back to where they were previously just two days later.
A small few never increased their prices at all.  The Love's at US231 and NC10 just dropped from $2.20 to $2.16, with no interim increase.