Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 386487 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1300 on: December 15, 2017, 06:51:47 AM »
Yeah, I've had something of a weird bump, too, locally...

The stations near my house has always been pretty close to others. The Citgo went from $2.39 to $2.41 the other day, while the stations in Arlington near Castle Key have all been dropping, and are now in the low $2.20s. I don't understand that one.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #1301 on: December 15, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
Filled for 2.08 yesterday

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #1302 on: December 16, 2017, 05:08:44 PM »
2.52, yesterday.
Hi.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1303 on: December 16, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »
2.52, yesterday.

Well, there's a blast from the past.  How have you been, sir?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1304 on: December 19, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
My 'go to' station dropped from $2.17 to $2.11 overnight.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1305 on: December 20, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »
I was in Central Pennsylvania last weekend, and man, the communists in charge of the state's finances have really put the screws to the subjects.

Lowest price I saw was in the $2.60s, highest price I saw was $2.89, both for regular.

Pennsylvania, by a pretty wide margin, has the highest state gas taxes in the nation -- 58.2 cents a gallon, which is far higher than even California's -- and that's on top of the Federal tax, and every time you turn around the commie in chief is bitching about how the gas tax needs to go up again to pay for all the *expletive deleted*it he wants to give away for free, I guess.

And you wouldn't believe how much higher PA's diesel fuel tax is... It's insane.

I'm seriously rethinking my desire to move back to PA after I retire.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #1306 on: December 20, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
It was $1.91 this morning south of Houston. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1307 on: December 20, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »
My "go to" station that dropped to $2.11 Monday has now risen to $2.21.  The Love's rose from $2.16 to $2.18.  I don't know yet if other stations have followed suit.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1308 on: December 20, 2017, 05:56:30 PM »
My "go to" station was at $2.45 on Monday morning (December 18), and it was $2.40 this morning (December 20). Took a different route home th8is evening, and found that my number two station is at $2.38.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1309 on: December 20, 2017, 09:30:29 PM »
$2.32 this AM.  $2.61 heading home from dinner at a local pub tonight.  Must be getting close to a holiday or something.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #1310 on: December 20, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »
$2.39 at Thornthon's in West Chicago after my Dr appt this morning.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1311 on: December 21, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »
$2.32 this AM.  $2.61 heading home from dinner at a local pub tonight.  Must be getting close to a holiday or something.

It's interesting that we didn't have much of a run-up in prices here due to the Thanksgiving holiday.  It's possible that what we're seeing now is a Christmas bump, though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1312 on: December 21, 2017, 07:09:14 AM »
The station near my house has been considerably higher than the stations in Arlington where I drop Seren for day care. I paid $2.21 in Arlington yesterday morning. When I passed the station near my house yesterday morning it was $2.35 a gallon.

Last evening when I got home? It had gone up to $2.39.

Just not sure what's going on with gas prices, as it's NEVER been that far out of whack, and the gas in Arlington is normally more expensive.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1313 on: December 21, 2017, 06:24:31 PM »
"Go to" place is up another six cents today to $2.27.  The Love's that is almost always the cheapest in the area is up to $2.30 today.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1314 on: December 21, 2017, 10:08:02 PM »
Uh.  Here's it's dropped from ~$2.12 last weekend to $2.04 this evening.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1315 on: December 22, 2017, 07:07:48 AM »
And it's now back down to $2.35.

Whatever.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #1316 on: December 27, 2017, 07:49:09 AM »
I was in Central Pennsylvania last weekend, and man, the communists in charge of the state's finances have really put the screws to the subjects.

Lowest price I saw was in the $2.60s, highest price I saw was $2.89, both for regular.

Pennsylvania, by a pretty wide margin, has the highest state gas taxes in the nation -- 58.2 cents a gallon, which is far higher than even California's -- and that's on top of the Federal tax, and every time you turn around the commie in chief is bitching about how the gas tax needs to go up again to pay for all the *expletive deleted*it he wants to give away for free, I guess.

And you wouldn't believe how much higher PA's diesel fuel tax is... It's insane.

I'm seriously rethinking my desire to move back to PA after I retire.

Saw gas in PA as low as $2.35/gal in a couple of places; passed one and had to fill up a little while later for $2.46. 

Diesel was $3.40+ everywhere I looked there.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1317 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
Ugh. Price is starting to creep up again with the rise in oil prices.

Station near me had stalled at $2.35, but has gone up to $2.41.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #1318 on: January 04, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »
Paid $2.33 in Gary, IN on Sunday and Monday.  $2.56 in Indy on Monday.

I haven't been out and around since getting home on Monday, since it's been so farking cold out.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1319 on: January 04, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »
Still right around $2.80 for 87 here.

I hadn't been paying much attention to diesel prices since I sold my diesel, but holy moly, at Costco today I saw they were selling it for $3.49. That means regular stations are likely closer to $3.60-3.70. I think for a good while before this, it was neck and neck with 87.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #1320 on: January 22, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »
Paid $2.36 at the Pilot in Carol Stream last night.  (That's after my $.03 discount).

THe Mobil on the way to work was $2.48, the BP $2.49.   The Shell by me was $2.64, the Marathon $2.59, and the Exxon $2.51.

Meanwhile Venezuela's Oil Industry continues to auger in.  Forecast is for output to drop another 300,000 barrels per day.  Which is enough to make them unable to service their debt.

Meanwhile, OPEC producers are salivating at the chance to increase production without violating the cartel's output agreement.  US Producers are also ramping up to seize market-share.

Meanwhile, US Oil Production will surpass Saudi Arabia's:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-crude-production-expected-to-surpass-saudi-arabia-in-2018-1516352405?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1321 on: January 22, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »
I paid 2.849 for 91 no ethanol the other day in Mason City, IA.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1322 on: January 22, 2018, 11:56:47 AM »
Prices have been creeping up around here, too. I paid $2.43 p.g. this morning. The Citgo near my house is up to $2.49 p.g.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1323 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »
Prices went from $2.21 to $2.39 in Hickory, NC last week.  Still creeping up.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1324 on: February 03, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
Holy hell. Last week my go-to station was $2.83. This morning it was $3.17. The Valero near it was $3.19 (in the $2.80s last week as well).

My first thought was that %*&*$ California snuck another gas tax in (given it's the first of the month and last week was still JAN, but I couldn't find anything on that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."