Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 386782 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1650 on: February 07, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »
$1.95 at Buc-Ees recently.  I get a 10 cent discount if I use a certain credit card to buy it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1651 on: February 07, 2020, 05:34:25 PM »
$1.99 at a little station 15 miles away should be .05-.10 less in Nevada if I had a need to drive down there
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #1652 on: February 08, 2020, 12:02:57 PM »
So what's everone paying for gasoline?

I usually use a credit card, but sometimes I pay in gold bullion.   :P

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1653 on: February 09, 2020, 08:41:41 AM »
I usually use a credit card, but sometimes I pay in gold bullion.   :P

What? No fiat currency?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1655 on: February 09, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »
$2.07 at my wife's goto station today.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #1656 on: February 10, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »
$2.15 at the cheapest station, which happens to be the closest one to my house.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1657 on: February 10, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
$2.18 here in the shadow of Mordor a stones throw from Cook County.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1658 on: February 11, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »
Filled up for $1.98 yesterday just North of Tulsa.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1659 on: February 14, 2020, 07:31:45 AM »
Finally saw a little movement at the Citgo near my house... went from $2.35 to $2.29. Wooo....

The bigger move was at the station near my office... went from $2.49 to $2.34.

Oil prices are slowly creeping back up, though, so this may be transitory.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1660 on: February 14, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
Gas prices increased 10-11 cents here overnight.  We're paying $2.17 to $2.19 at the stations I passed today.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #1661 on: February 14, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
Dropped to 2.13 yesterday.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1662 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »
According to the web, the station where I usually get gas is still about $1.91 per gallon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1663 on: February 15, 2020, 09:17:32 AM »
And yesterday at the Citgo the price went right back to $2.35 a gallon, only to drop this morning to $2.29 for their "6 cents off weekend"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1664 on: February 15, 2020, 07:49:52 PM »
In North STL County it's been $1.95 for at least a week.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1665 on: March 06, 2020, 10:35:29 AM »
Despite the general softness in the oil market the past couple of weeks fueled by Corona, gasoline, at least in my neck of the woods, has remained stubbornly sitting right in the $2.25 to $2.45 range, with one outlier station (the Exon I've talked about) still sitting at $2.99 a gallon.

Hopefully that might change in the next few days because, despite OPEC efforts to reach a broad agreement to cut 1.5 million barrels of production a day until the end of the year to prop up prices, it's being reported that the effort has failed because the Russians wouldn't agree to it.

Right now WTI is down 7.5% and flirting with dropping below $42 a barrel, and I'm seeing some short term predictions that, if OPEC doesn't reach some kind of agreement and Corona keeps spread, it could drop into the mid 30s.

Of course, that could all change in a heartbeat if OPEC and its nonmember partners reach an agreement.

Some are suggesting that this is a strategic move on the part of the Russians to help thin out some of the competition, including US oil shale. Those Ruskies wouldn't play that kind of hardball, would they?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1666 on: March 06, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
Our gas has been bouncing up and down for several months from 2.40-2.60.  The last few days it's dropped to around 2.19.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1667 on: March 06, 2020, 10:55:24 AM »
Gas just started going up here, by about a dime. I heard this morning that barrel price is low enough as of today, that US producers are in "costs more to produce than we can get for it" territory.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1668 on: March 06, 2020, 11:51:11 AM »
Last I saw was $1.96. I've seen facebook posts showing $1.94 locally.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1669 on: March 06, 2020, 08:35:07 PM »
Saw $1.99 at one of our local stations today.  It's also $1.99 up the road at the place we usually tank up.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1670 on: March 06, 2020, 09:56:30 PM »
2.11 at closest town but 2.24 10 miles away think they are making some extra on this
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1671 on: March 07, 2020, 07:53:42 AM »
The OPEC+ talks collapsed with no agreement and crude finished down over 10%.

Gasoline futures finished down over 13 cents a gallon, and heating oil futures were down over 10 cents. Both are sitting at $1.38 wholesale right now, the cheapest they've been in a long time.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1672 on: March 07, 2020, 06:49:16 PM »
$2.14 at Costco
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1673 on: March 09, 2020, 07:19:22 AM »
Crude oil has fallen off a cliff over night. Saudi Arabia and Russia have both indicated their intention of conducting a price war.

WTI crude is currently sitting at 31.84, down over 20% from Friday's close.

Brent crude is down about the same.

Gasoline futures are off 24 cents a gallon.

This could get really interesting over the next couple of weeks.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1674 on: March 09, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
We're at $1.97 now at a few local stations.  I'm curious about how this will shake out over the next few weeks.  Saudi doesn't have as much clout as it once had to conduct oil price wars.