Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 384612 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1875 on: May 12, 2020, 11:08:53 PM »
$1.558 per gallon in Decatur Alabama.  Wow.  My wallet is happy.  I suspect Shell Oil's wallet is not.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1876 on: May 23, 2020, 02:01:28 PM »
$1.89 at Costco, while it jumped to $2.29 at my local stations. What the hell, man?

It's usually about 15 cents more at my station than Costco - 40 cents is wack. All I can figure is because both the stations in town are on a minor artery that people take through Idaho and to a couple of neighboring states,  maybe the stations want to cash in on Holiday traffic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1877 on: May 23, 2020, 02:05:13 PM »
We've seen price increases of about 21 cents/gallon in this area.  We're now up to $1.73-$1.75 around here.
Kind of expected since oil has gone back up over $30 a barrel.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 23, 2020, 10:25:59 PM »
$1.65/gal at Shell in Bossier City, LA
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1879 on: May 24, 2020, 07:57:56 AM »
Price at my local Citgo is now at $1.95 a gallon. I think as things slowly start to reopen and people start to travel again the price is going to jump pretty quickly.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1880 on: May 24, 2020, 11:06:30 PM »
Midway between Dallas & Tyler it's gone up ~$0.20/gal in the last week & a half.  That puts it back about where it was before the price drop.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1881 on: May 25, 2020, 07:16:27 AM »
Last couple of times I've been past that turbo expensive Exxon?

The price sign has been out/off for at least 2 weeks now.

Pretty bad when your price is so high that you have to dupe people in to try to sell them gas...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1882 on: May 25, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
Last couple of times I've been past that turbo expensive Exxon?

The price sign has been out/off for at least 2 weeks now.

Pretty bad when your price is so high that you have to dupe people in to try to sell them gas...

Perhaps that station is really a front for a money laundering operation, drug lab, human trafficking, etc.  They don't want customers; just a very few (and stupid ones at that) to maintain the image.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1883 on: May 25, 2020, 04:19:42 PM »
Beats me, but the sign was on again this morning when I passed by.

Still sitting at $2.99 a gallon.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1884 on: May 25, 2020, 08:42:24 PM »
Jumped back up to 1.65.  Comes down slow goes,up quick.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #1885 on: May 26, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
Filled up yesterday for 1.42
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1886 on: May 26, 2020, 06:08:26 PM »
We're back up to $2.00.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1887 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
$1.54 Tulsa area. The lowest I saw locally was $1.38 and it sort of hung there through the bottom falling out and once the bottom was over it jumped up to $1.54 and has stayed there for several weeks. Typical for around here is at least weekly fluctuations but rock solid for longer than normal.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1888 on: May 30, 2020, 08:37:54 AM »
Oddly enough, last weekend the price at my local Citgo went from $1.95 to $1.89. Well, that's not odd because they do 6 cent off weekends.

But that IS odd is that the price never went back up. It's sitting at $1.89 (or $1.83 if the 6 cent weekend is in force).

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1889 on: May 30, 2020, 10:20:52 AM »
We dropped from $1.73 to $1.69 at some of the stations in the area.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1890 on: July 03, 2020, 07:05:04 PM »
Just 'cause it's been forever since I last saw this:

They just refurb'ed the local Murphy's station.  Fewer pumps to make room for a small store rather than the original shack.

They added non-methonal nozzles to all the pumps, at about $0.50/gal more than the 10% stuff.  The 10% is at $1.89.

The odd thing is the price for diesel is at $1.70.  I don't remember the last time I saw diesel for less than gasoline.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1891 on: July 14, 2020, 06:15:47 PM »
$2.40 here right now. I had to stock back up on offroad diesel today. That stuff was only $1.60.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1892 on: July 14, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
Wow good price on the red. I need to get some fuel tomorrow or next day will see what it is here.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1893 on: July 14, 2020, 08:50:57 PM »
I haven't bought any in almost a month. My Jeep has been parked since 6/14, the day before my shoulder surgery.
I did see $1.76 the last time my wife relented and took me to town a few days ago.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1894 on: July 15, 2020, 07:55:50 AM »
It's been ever so slowly creeping up here in Northern Virginia.

$2.09 for regular unleaded at the Citgo near me, $2.07 at the Sunoco around the corner, and $2.18 at the Shell across from the Sunoco.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1895 on: July 15, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
We got up to around $2.09 in this area a couple weeks ago.  We've since crept back down to $1.89 - $1.90.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1896 on: July 15, 2020, 11:17:06 PM »
Murphy's was down to $1.71 for 85 octane, $1.70 for non-farm diesel.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1897 on: July 16, 2020, 07:35:34 AM »
Dropped 4 cents a gallon for regular at the Citgo around the corner from my house. I didn't expect that.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1898 on: July 16, 2020, 07:37:28 AM »
1.779 at Murphy's/Mao-Mart when I went to go look at the comet last night.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1899 on: October 12, 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
$2.19 today at the Nampa Costco.