Author Topic: The spin is strong with this one.  (Read 933 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
The spin is strong with this one.
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
Two weeks before the election and the labor market is "firming" 

WTF does that mean?

Initial Claims increase, number still receiving aid after one week increased.  U-6 is 11.8 percent!!! (which, if there was an R in the White House there would be nightly news stories on every network with tear-jerker stories about folks out of work.)

http://news.yahoo.com/u-jobless-claims-rise-underlying-labor-market-trends-123757939--business.html
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: The spin is strong with this one.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »
Yea with the holiday hiring you'd expect better.   It's not good here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Within a few days- the electrical guy at HD was remarking how dead it was.
                           A guy in biz similar to mine called up shaking the trees.
                           My shipper mentioned how slow it is.

The hurt is here, the bandaid is UI and disability and a 1000 other programs destined to be the unpaid shackle around the future generations.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
We've been slow for over a year.  We normally see a slow down about this time of year but last year we had the usual slow down and no real corresponding return to normal. This year we are seeing a slow down from the new "normal".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
It might not seem slow in some fields. The gov is booming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »

D.C. is the place to be...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:32 PM »

Ya nailed it!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:26:57 AM »
I'm in retail and we are doing OK, not gangbusters or great, just OK.

We run our location with half the employees compared to five years ago.

Our buying is better so markdowns are fewer and our margins overall are better.

A larger percentage of our business is from the folks who have money, the ones not as adversely hurt from the economic weakness, by design.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.