Author Topic: Bed Liners  (Read 3278 times)

bratch

• friend
Bed Liners
« on: April 20, 2005, 05:18:29 PM »
This thread has been around in the not so distant past but I guess it was on the old RT as I couldn't find it on here.

What are your opinions of the various bed liners out there? Line-X, Rhino, etc.

cfabe

• friend
Bed Liners
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »
I had rhino sprayed in a 2000 s-10 when it was new. it's held up pretty well. We did damage it when we had an engine block loose in the back of the truck for a few weeks (stupid), but otherwise I'm pleased. It does fade some if you leave it in the sun. It is definately an anti-slip surface. I drove off with my tool box on the tailgate once, and it stayed in place.

From what I've read line-x is a harder plastic type product while rhino is a softer rubber. Line-x is probably more durable, but probably also much more slippery.

cfabe

• friend
Bed Liners
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 05:29:57 PM »
I would reccomend though that you have them spray the top of the bed rails too. Mine are getting pretty dinged up.

Black92LX

Bed Liners
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »
i suggest Herculiner you can roll it on yourself!
http://www.herculiner.com/

easy as cake. just make sure to clean the bed extremely well.
But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

aguyindallas

Bed Liners
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:04:46 PM »
I am a big fan of Line-X....

Ditto on the spray over the rails bit. It costs a little more, but is sooooo worth it.
Vote For Pedro

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Bed Liners
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 06:21:45 PM »
Wow, trucks.
Here I was wondering what bed liners were and what use they'd have in my single bed.
"Non slip?  Is that to keep me from falling out at night?"
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

duck hunt

• http://www.annesoffee.com
Bed Liners
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »
Lovin' the Line-X here.  Not a single gripe.

Snake Eyes

Bed Liners
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »
Line-X.

yci

Bed Liners
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 05:11:57 AM »
I'm a fan of the Rhino liner, primarily due to the fact that it tends to help keep things in place as cfabe said.

The Rhino is more of a rubber feeling coating, while the Line-X seems to be harder.  My uncle had Line-X put into his truck, and the salesman showed him that taking a piece of metal with Line-X on it and rubbing it onto a piece coated with Rhino would tear up the Rhino liner.  Given Line-X is harder, I'd belive that, so it might be a touch more durable.  However it's been my experience that if I want anything to stay put on Line-X I need to tie it down.  A good friend of mine has had Rhino in his truck since '98 or '99 and we've been very rough on it, and everything stays put when travelling around.  In fact, it can sometimes be a challenge moving around in the back of the truck on your knees or with rubber soled shoes because the liner doesn't let you slip and slide around.  Only one spot on his has been damaged, and that's due to a heavy tool box rubbing its corner in the same spot over probably a year's time.  Shifting the tool box back solved that problem.  Otherwise, no issues with it at all.

Smith

• friend
Bed Liners
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 05:05:44 AM »
I prefer the Line-X, but the Rhino people are happy too.  The Line-X is harder and will allow more slip, but less damage to your bed.  You decide.  Both are really good.

Bravo11

Bed Liners
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 05:13:12 AM »
I had a Perma Tech liner sprayed in mine and I really like it so far.  It's the rubber type liner.  One thing I don't like is the fact that the tailgate is harder to close and open now.  At first I could open the gate with one finger now I have to push the gate towards the cab with one hand and pull the latch with the other.

enfield

• http://www.delightfulproducts.com
Bed Liners
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 01:55:18 PM »
I needed a non-slip surface in my truck bed for my 3500# camper, so I chose Rhino.  Drop-in liners also don't work well with campers because they tend to crush and/or shift.  Drop in liners also vibrate and take the paint off your truck bed.  I've heard of corrosion problems under drop-in liners, but haven't seen any cases.
- enfield

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Bed Liners
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:35 AM »
I have Line-X on my 2001 S-10.

Great stuff, but I've garfed it up something horrible, hauling engine blocks.  Line-X, however, will fix it for a minimal fee.  I just have to find time to take it back to their shop and let it sit a few hours.  

I second the motion to have the top bed rails coated.  I didn't, and it shows.  Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bed Liners
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 05:55:47 AM »
I'm guessing it varies with dealer location, but what's a ballpark price for Line-X on a standard size 8' bed?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bratch

• friend
Bed Liners
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 09:06:07 AM »
Line-x quoted me $475 for the bed and rails.  Its a short bed though don't remember the longbed price.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bed Liners
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 06:05:31 PM »
Thanks Bratch. First I've heard of Line-X. The fact that it's more slippery than other liners would actually be a plus for me. Much of my hauling is junk and trimmings to the dump, or else sand and gravel. Either way, it works out better for me if stuff comes off the bed easy versus staying on well. Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bratch

• friend
Bed Liners
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 08:25:32 PM »
One of the big selling points of line-X is a nationwide lifetime warrenty. I can get it sprayed in Norman and if it gets messed up in Denver they will fix it.

Line-x.com