Author Topic: Happy Genocide Day  (Read 3269 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Happy Genocide Day
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
I knew there was a whole, "I hate Columbus Day" movement, but I had no idea hating Thanksgiving was quite this popular with the white guilt crowd. What a bunch of self-righteous Debbie Downers.

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/26/happy-genocide-day-guilt-mongers-start-in-on-their-thanksgiving-tradition-pics/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Happy Genocide Day
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
How the everloving eff does a day that celebrates the White Man's reliance on The Indigenous People of the Plymouth Bay for survival the previous year and a decent chance of self-suffiency the next get turned into National Genocide Day?

Although there is some  speculation that Squanto might have desired to rethink that first fish-head lesson a few years later.

(Please note that the 4th Thursday in November celebrates the second Thanksgiving Day, as those tobacco farmers-to-be held their own two years ahead of the Pilgrims.  http://spofga.org/flag/2013/first_thanksgiving.php )

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
All I know is that I'm stuffing tomorrow's turkey with oppression. Tasty, tasty oppression.  =D.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »
How the everloving eff does a day that celebrates the White Man's reliance on God and The Indigenous People of the Plymouth Bay for survival the previous year and a decent chance of self-suffiency the next get turned into National Genocide Day?

Because privilege!

Because American history can never be viewed as it is. Instead, all negative aspects must be seen as the major narrative thread, while the truly interesting things about America, those which define her, are put to one side.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »
All I know is that I'm stuffing tomorrow's turkey with oppression. Tasty, tasty oppression.  =D.

[Homer] mmmmm..... Genocide.... [/Homer]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Happy Genocide Day
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »
My favorite hilidays are those the p8nheads hate most.  Happy thanksgiving to all.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 08:31:15 AM »
Mike Bloomberg wants me to remind you that while you are munching away on what should have been our national bird that we should all discuss how much better the whole universe would be if there were no New York billionaires who don't know enough to spend their money on hookers and blow instead of throwing it away.

Leastways, I'm pretty sure that is what he wants us all to talk about around the table/during the parades/football games.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »
If all your European, Asians and Africans would have been scared to the cross the oceans, I'd be hunting bison and shitting in the woods. Thanks.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
Genocide Day? Yep, sure enough. Holodomor Seems a lot more relevant to remember in November than a bunch of Indians and religious nutballs having a snack. Also seems appropriate to eat a lot.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Happy Genocide Day
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
If all your European, Asians and Africans would have been scared to the cross the oceans, I'd be hunting bison and shitting in the woods. Thanks.
So you'd pretty much have the same hobbies?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Re: Re: Happy Genocide Day
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
So you'd pretty much have the same hobbies?

yep pretty much, but I'd have bison to shoot at instead of deer.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
yep pretty much, but I'd have bison to shoot at instead of deer.
Just find a fat shaggy one. Close enough
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
Thanks to white men, Indians - at least the Central American ones - are no longer cutting the hearts out of living people to placate their pagan gods, and their priests are no longer washing their hair in the blood of their human sacrifices.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
Just because I'm thankful for the conquest of North America by Europeans in previous centuries doesn't mean I condone conquest over indigenous people in the 21st century.

Hope everyone had as good a feast as we did!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Dad made stew, my sister burned the Kings Hawaiian rolls (as she does every year), and we had all the trimmings.  Lots of family, and the "drama" was in regards to how my nieces were going to cook Thanksgiving dinner, from scratch, no boxed foods*, on Friday at their fathers.   (They learned to cook from my sister, which generally means "Welcome to Taco Bell, may I take you order?")

So I can't wait to hear the AAR about how it went.  

*-The menu includes a Turkey breast with seasonings and spices put under the skin, but not injected into the meat.  Stuffing from breadcrumbs with spices to be determined by the recipe.  Scalloped potatoes from fresh potatoes, and the menu went on and on.  Given that these two know as much about cooking (other then watching a couple of cooking shows) as I do about rocket science, the results are going to interesting.  They planned on starting at 11am with dinner to be served at 5pm.  I put the over/under on the first fight/"I quit, do it yourself" at 11:05 and the order placed to Papa John's for pizza at 4pm.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:33:28 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »
Punching the seek button on the radio, I hit a Pacifica Radio station and the phrase "national day of mourning."  Don't recall if the reference was to Columbus Day or Turkey Day, but that hardly matters.

I find Pacifica, wanker central, very hard to spend time with.  You may want to wait for appropriate circumstances, i.e. limited possible collateral damage, before clicking on that link.  Be especially cautious of the streaming audio. ;)
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
... the purpose of the holiday supersedes the supposed celebration of genocide by people who don't know their history.

Yes, we look to the Pilgrims as the origins of this holiday, however traditions of harvest festivals and days of giving thanks for what one has are common in many cultures, so saying that it is a celebration of the genocide of the American Indian is BS.
Because it isn't.

*snort* I ain't buying into the white guilt trip on this one.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Let's have a historically accurate holiday. If I see a Quaker in this town I'm gonna cut their ear off.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
Let's have a historically accurate holiday. If I see a Quaker in this town I'm gonna cut their ear off.
van Gogh was a Quaker?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

*snort* I ain't buying into the white guilt trip on this one.

I thought it was impossible for you to buy into white guilt even if you wanted to.

But thanks for your participation.  Be sure to pick up your lovely parting gift on the way out. =D

stay safe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 12:51:03 AM »
I prefer to think of it as "The importance of Iron, Wheels, and Sails"-day.  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 01:15:10 AM »
In the case of my ancestors, the Indians gave as good as they got.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 08:28:24 AM »
In the case of my ancestors, the Indians gave as good as they got.

For those of you who are readers; Allen Eckart's Winning of America series is an awesome historical retelling of the relationship between the settlers and the indigenous tribes.

As mentioned above, various tribes gave at least as well as they got while other tribes paid the price for the actions of different tribes. There was no monolithic such thing as "the Indians" plus the settlers and US government were constantly falling in and out of agreement on how to deal with the native populations. It was a mess and there was no way the march of modern civilization wasn't going to win.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.