Author Topic: Question on driving through Cincinnati.  (Read 2841 times)

grampster

• friend
Question on driving through Cincinnati.
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
Anyone know what is the best way through or around Cincinnati on I-75?  Stay on I-75 right through town or take one of the I-275 bypasses?  If so which bypass.  Probably be late morning of Dec. 26
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Question on driving through Cincinnati.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »
Dibs on first pick of your stuff!

As for what route to take - I have no idea.  The only place I know about in Ohio is Ashtabula - back in the Dark Ages when I was a kid they had a sign out at the city limits claiming to be "the Home of the Easter Racoon.  (Did you think some bunny could deliver all those eggs by himself?)"

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Question on driving through Cincinnati.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:12 AM »
Anyone know what is the best way through or around Cincinnati on I-75?  Stay on I-75 right through town or take one of the I-275 bypasses?  If so which bypass.  Probably be late morning of Dec. 26

Grampster,

Straight down I-75 will be your best bet.  There is road widening construction starting around exit 7 and lasting till exit 2B. See image below. All lanes are open through this construction.  Morning rush is over by 9:30 a.m. and being the day after Christmas traffic should be light.  If you want to avoid the construction, you can take I-275 East to I-71 South.  I-71 South meets up with I-75 South right before the Ohio River.

ETA:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:37:03 AM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
Dibs on first pick of your stuff!

As for what route to take - I have no idea.  The only place I know about in Ohio is Ashtabula - back in the Dark Ages when I was a kid they had a sign out at the city limits claiming to be "the Home of the Easter Racoon.  (Did you think some bunny could deliver all those eggs by himself?)"

stay safe.

Ashtabula is the county to the east of where I grew up.  Never heard about the Easter Raccoon.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »
Ashtabula is the county to the east of where I grew up.  Never heard about the Easter Raccoon.

It apparently flopped as a tourist draw and went the way of the Dodo.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:43:29 PM »
Only time I ever drove through there was around 9 p.m., so traffic wasn't bad at all. I can only say... use the traffic apps on your phone.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:27:35 PM »
What Adively said! I used to drive thru there a lot! In a big truck and that was how I routed. The real time construction info is invaluable!

Yeah, unless you're in the middle of rush hour, the 75 is the way to go.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »
Thanks for the info.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
You are welcome.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
Anyone know what is the best way through or around Cincinnati on I-75?  Stay on I-75 right through town or take one of the I-275 bypasses?  If so which bypass.  Probably be late morning of Dec. 26

The 275 bypass takes you way the f out of your way. That time of day I would definitely take 75 straight through.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G