Author Topic: The FSA has spoken - Je suis Disgusted  (Read 3028 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The FSA has spoken - Je suis Disgusted
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27842939/del-morrissey-wins-back-his-74th-district-house-seat

Del. Joe Morrissey, who resigned his seat in the Virginia House of Delegates after being convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, has won the special election held to fill that vacated seat.

Unofficial results from the Virginia Department of Elections website show Morrissey held the lead all night after polls closed at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Morrissey, who ran as an Independent, edged out competition from Republican Matt Walton and Democrat Kevin Sullivan.

Shortly after votes for the last of the 33 precincts were counted, House Speaker William J. Howell released the following statement:

"Mr. Morrissey's election tonight does not change the fact that his actions fall grievously short of the standards of a public servant in the House of Delegates. As Speaker, I have an obligation to faithfully and impartially discharge my duties as presiding officer and a responsibility to protect the honor and integrity of the House of Delegates as an institution. There are a number of options available to the body to address questions of conduct regarding its members. These options are set out in the Constitution of Virginia and the rules of the House. Working with House Minority Leader David Toscano and other members of the House, we will begin the process of assessing these options in order to determine the appropriate path forward."

Democratic Leader David Toscano and Caucus Chair Scott Surovell also released a joint statement on Tuesday's special election results:

“Joe Morrissey chose to run as an Independent; he is not a member of the Democratic Party, nor is he a member of the House Democratic Caucus. His conviction and actions over the past two months were reprehensible, and we will be exploring every avenue in regard to his status as a member of the House of Delegates."

Given the recent federal conviction of our former governor on ethics/bribery charges, it is highly likely that the House of Delegates will refuse to seat him.  Should that fail, it is again highly likely that he will be expelled.

The General Assembly starts its 2015 session next Monday, 1/19.  With any luck the qurstion of which way Joe is thrown out of the House of Delegates will be resolved by the end of that day.

In the mean time, the FSA members who make up a large part of the 74th District will be continuing to look to Joe for more cheese.

To call Joe's past checkered is to suggest a hounstooth jacket is monochromatic.  He's been conviced of assault while Commonwealth Attorney for the City of Richmond, had his law license revoked, been forced to quit his position as a professor at a New Zealand (iirc) law school when the faculty there "discovered" he had no law license.  And those are just the highlights.

Seems most of Joe's constituents love him because he's either gotten them off when tried on criminal charges or at least been able to plead down significantly.

Just when there was a chance for hope for humanity this happens!

Anybody have a few spare nukes or a small (half a county) sized death ray I could borrow?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: The FSA has spoken - Je suis Disgusted
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
Let's not forget they raided his office last nite again . More charges a coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:36 PM »
They turned him down for the bar down there too. Morals

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
Let's not forget they raided his office last nite again . More charges a coming

You think?  Allegedly forged "evidence" and a conspiracy to commit perjury.

They turned him down for the bar down there too. Morals

Unpossible.  He has no morals.

I'm thinking Joe is in some sort of contest with Zimmerman to see who can be the stupidist the most times.  Joe is ahead by at least a full lap.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 10:22:14 PM »
You gotta give him credit for brass

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
I'm just happy with the parity in national coverage of this and the Puckett mess as compared to McDonnell.  ;/
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:36:07 AM »
Stay Classy Virginia !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40:55 AM »
The free lance star has no coverage at all. It's new editorial board is a throw back to the Josiah Rowe era

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »
I just ridiculed them on their Facebook and mine and now the fls comes out with a poll should he be booted or not. Still no coverage of recent events

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 09:29:47 AM »
Stay Classy Virginia !!!

Don't worry, they are trying hard to catch up with Illinois!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
I don't see the FSA connection. 

The "Jesus is disgusted" part is a pretty safe bet.   :angel:
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »
I don't see the FSA connection. 

His constituent base.  Eastern Henrico population on welfare is only outnumbered by those with more than 3 criminal convictions.

The "Jesus is disgusted" part is a pretty safe bet.   :angel:

:rofl:

stay safe.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Morrisey is tricky his criminal charge when commonwealths attorney was for soliciting a 50 k bribe from a rapist. 1/2 the money went to 4 churches in the hood he represents.

And yea he solicited a 50 k bribe from a rapist. He did beat the rap using tile crawler tricks but they disbarred him anyway

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

Seems most of Joe's constituents love him because he's either gotten them off when tried on criminal charges or at least been able to plead down significantly.

We've got a judge just like that.  His hobby is letting complete scum off with a wrist slap and turning felons loose from prison. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.