Author Topic: You wanted worse than Romney or a Bush? How about Lindsay Graham?  (Read 1321 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/us/lindsey-graham-considers-2016-presidential-run.html?_r=0

Lindsay Graham is considering a run for president. This is the guy that is famous for "reaching across the aisle" and being a model example of a RINO, only to suddenly become ultra conservative at election time so that his idiot base will vote for him.

Pretty sure this is proof that God hates us all.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: You wanted worse than Romney or a Bush? How about Lindsay Graham?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:01:23 PM »
If he has to give up his senate seat to run.. Then it's all to the good.  And this time we'll elect someone more conservative.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »
McCain has been pushing him. A good lesson to all the folks whining about those of us who refused to vote for him.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:37:22 AM »
Please Nikki Haley run! I haven't heard much bad about her and it would asplode all the heads of the SJW Hillary supporters. Sadly, the attacks on a conservative minority 1st generation American woman would be unprecedented in their nastiness.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:51 PM »
I follow SC politics pretty closely.  Trust me when I say Nikki Haley is nothing, repeat nothing, like her image.  She is as disingenuous a politician as I've ever encountered.

There is a reason Graham is wanting to  play front man.  I don't know what the reason is but rest assured a politician used to his comfortable DC interviews is giving up a lot of safety by going out on the campaign trail where he will no doubt be treated to raw comments about a number of his position.  This move on Lindsey's part is not his idea.  His handlers are pushing him out.  It remains to be determined the ultimate reason.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
No politician is so bad that you can't find worse . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »
I follow SC politics pretty closely.  Trust me when I say Nikki Haley is nothing, repeat nothing, like her image.  She is as disingenuous a politician as I've ever encountered.

There is a reason Graham is wanting to  play front man.  I don't know what the reason is but rest assured a politician used to his comfortable DC interviews is giving up a lot of safety by going out on the campaign trail where he will no doubt be treated to raw comments about a number of his position.  This move on Lindsey's part is not his idea.  His handlers are pushing him out.  It remains to be determined the ultimate reason.

There are 535 people who wake up in the morning look in the mirror and think they would look even better sitting behind the desk in the oval office.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.