Author Topic: Video granny follows crazy lady  (Read 2173 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Video granny follows crazy lady
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »
You may have seen this. My thought was I would not take a kid into something like that. Mine or anyone's
Apparently some women feel otherwise
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/01/woman-faces-criminal-charges-after-scary-road-rage-incident-north-carolina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Video granny follows crazy lady
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »
You may have seen this. My thought was I would not take a kid into something like that. Mine or anyone's

Doesn't look like she had much choice; it's not like they were in a major downtown area where she could turn off and take a different route.  Stopping just gives the rager an easier target, and I wouldn't be surprised if several of those side streets were dead ends.

Rage-monkey blew any legitimate gripe she might have had by having time to stop and throw her tantrum after the incident started because of her being in a hurry on a wet road.  I've screamed out the window plenty of times, but if there's time to stop and get out, there's time to just slow the hell down and let the other driver have some room.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:27:31 PM »
I have stopped to let crazy go on down the road . I would not for any reason continue with a kid in the car.
Video granny has credibility issues with me as well. She says she " tapped the brakes" . I typically take whatever folks admit/confess to and double it. I would like to look her in thee yes and ask her if she brake checked crazy lady.
Her narrative evolves. In some interview she says she called 911 and used a hands free device to hold phone . If you listen to the audio in her own vid she says I wish I had another phone so I could call 911. One or the other is true not both and she only gets one bite of the credibility apple.
If one of my relatives took my kid into something like it would be the last time my kid went anywhere with em. I am right peculiar about not putting them in a bad spot seems like video granny was on some kinda mission. Lucky no one got killed.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
A long time ago, when I was young and crazy(er), I handed out more than two brake checks.

Today I won't even consider it. Too many drivers out there who would either run me off the road, or just shoot me. The ones who most deserve to be brake checked are the ones most likely to shoot me.

It's not worth the risk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
Yup same here.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »
A long time ago, when I was young and crazy(er), I handed out more than two brake checks.

Brake lights are too obvious.  I just drop to 4th and let them figure it out from there.  Of course, nine times out of ten they don't actually want to go faster, or even as fast as I'm going, they just want to be in front, so they drop off to 3-5 under whatever I had the cruise on to start with, and at the next opportunity, I hammer it around them and don't let up until I can't see them in the mirror anymore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
Short story:

Little girl rides downtown with her grandpa every Saturday morning where they have breakfast at the pancake palace.  She lives for those Saturday mornings both because she is with her grandpa and because she loves pancakes.

Last Saturday grandpa was under the weather and grandma volunteered to take her to the pancake palace for breakfast.  She got home and bounced into the living room to see if grandpa was feeling any better.  Grandpa asked her how the ride with grandma was.

"Well, grandpa, it was boring riding with grandma.  We did not see any dirty commies, filthy hippies, retards, mental midgets, wetbacks, greasers, eyeties, squareheads, or any of the other folks that are on the road when you drive.

Crazy Lady is going to be crazy no matter who she meets on the road.  Granny needs to learn how to keep crazy people in front of her even if it means stopping when they decide to park in the middle of the road, and how to go around someone who has gotten out of their car to come and yell at you.  But probably the most important thing Granny needs to lear is that when there is a choice between videoing something and calling 911, forget the video.  Too many people seem to believe the proper response to anything that takes place is to video it as opposed to getting away, geting out of the way, or calling for help.  I've come up on a car that's gone into the median and there are half a dozen or more cars parked with folks videoing.  As I roll by I ask if anybody has called 911 - the best answer I've gotten was "I think someone else may have."  Calling 911 to back up the report I find that NOBODY had called yet.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Today I won't even consider it. Too many drivers out there who would either run me off the road, or just shoot me. The ones who most deserve to be brake checked are the ones most likely to shoot me.

It's not worth the risk.
I don't remember really brake checking, but I have let off the gas and just slowed down.  The last time was when a car was on my bumper so close I couldn't see their headlights (at night on a deserted road).  I usually just try to get out of the way though. 

The times I have had people brake check me, they put themselves in the situation mostly.  When someone cuts in between you and another car when there is barely enough room, they have no right to complain when you don't make any additional room. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Video granny follows crazy lady
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:17:19 PM »
I have stopped to let crazy go on down the road . I would not for any reason continue with a kid in the car.
Video granny has credibility issues with me as well. She says she " tapped the brakes" . I typically take whatever folks admit/confess to and double it. I would like to look her in thee yes and ask her if she brake checked crazy lady.
Her narrative evolves. In some interview she says she called 911 and used a hands free device to hold phone . If you listen to the audio in her own vid she says I wish I had another phone so I could call 911. One or the other is true not both and she only gets one bite of the credibility apple.
If one of my relatives took my kid into something like it would be the last time my kid went anywhere with em. I am right peculiar about not putting them in a bad spot seems like video granny was on some kinda mission. Lucky no one got killed.

I also noticed her window was all the way down. On a rainy day.

Just made me say hmmmm...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »
Yea. I suspect it was the double X chromosome version of mutual combat. And video granny I know for sure is a liar. The other one it remains to be seen.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Re: Re: Video granny follows crazy lady
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
I also noticed her window was all the way down. On a rainy day.

Just made me say hmmmm...

I was wondering about that as well.

As far as brake checking, I very, very rarely do it. Most of the few times I did it was on my way into the old office on the freeway, where it's always pretty packed but often still rolling along around 55-60mph. You often get someone (usually the city college kids that are late for class) that will ride inches from you, and with traffic, you don't have a lot of room to maneuver. If you slow down a little, someone squeezes in ahead of you with inches to spare. So in that situation, I'll tap the brakes and hope they move over to pass me and don't slam into me.

Otherwise, my general modus operandi, especially on two lane roads, is to either keep my speed, or slow down a bit while keeping a good eye on the rear view. Eventually they get pissed off and pass, often in a dangerous (to them) area, often giving me the finger while passing. :)

If there is a passing lane, I obviously will get to the right. If there is a turnout, as long as it's big and I have plenty of heads up, I'll use it as well. Otherwise if I see a small turnout at the last minute, the last thing I'm doing is slowing down drastically and having the tailgater ending up next to me in my front seat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 06:47:21 PM »
Tapping isn't brake checking in my book if its just to light the brake lights. It's when you nail em " to scare em" that it's bad and in some areas illegal. There's a video of a cop writing some *expletive deleted*che a ticket for brake checking a bicyclist.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 06:59:01 PM »
Tapping isn't brake checking in my book if its just to light the brake lights. It's when you nail em " to scare em" that it's bad and in some areas illegal. There's a video of a cop writing some *expletive deleted*che a ticket for brake checking a bicyclist.

Yeah, I never go that far. I've certainly slowed when tapping them, but nothing sudden or drastic. Like I said, I'm not keen on getting an unwanted passenger.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 05:09:04 AM »
I don't remember really brake checking, but I have let off the gas and just slowed down.  The last time was when a car was on my bumper so close I couldn't see their headlights (at night on a deserted road).  I usually just try to get out of the way though. 

The times I have had people brake check me, they put themselves in the situation mostly.  When someone cuts in between you and another car when there is barely enough room, they have no right to complain when you don't make any additional room. 

I think I might of tapped the brakes to get the lights to flash once. I usually like to slowly speed up to see how fast I can get the person behind me to unconsiously go before they realise how fast they are going and then slow down very fast. >:D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 10:14:49 AM »
I think I might of tapped the brakes to get the lights to flash once. I usually like to slowly speed up to see how fast I can get the person behind me to unconsiously go before they realise how fast they are going and then slow down very fast.

I do that to the people who Absolutely Will Not Be Passed By A Beater.  Great fun when you know exactly where to slow down before entering a school zone with a bored cop.