Author Topic: First Hillary ...  (Read 5228 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
First Hillary ...
« on: February 04, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
... now Brian Williams:

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/nbc-s-brian-williams-recants-iraq-story-after-soldiers-protest-1.327792

Williams repeated the claim Friday during NBC’s coverage of a public tribute at a New York Rangers hockey game for a retired soldier that had provided ground security for the grounded helicopters, a game to which Williams accompanied him. In an interview with Stars and Stripes, he said he had misremembered the events and was sorry.

The admission came after crew members on the 159th Aviation Regiment’s Chinook that was hit by two rockets and small arms fire told Stars and Stripes that the NBC anchor was nowhere near that aircraft or two other Chinooks flying in the formation that took fire. Williams arrived in the area about an hour later on another helicopter after the other three had made an emergency landing, the crew members said.

“I would not have chosen to make this mistake,” Williams said. “I don’t know what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

Give ... me ... a ... break.

Of COURSE you chose to make this "mistake," you lying sack of excrement. Nobody can ever convince me that someone who was NOT in an aircraft that was hit by enemy fire could possibly "misremember" that his aircraft was hit by TWO rockets AND small arms fire.

Liar, liar, pants on fire ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: First Hillary ...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:19 PM »
Oh my..... He's got a job where this is really gonna leave a mark. I am curious to see if he gets canned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Oh my..... He's got a job where this is really gonna leave a mark. I am curious to see if he gets canned

Anderson Cooper still has a job, and he broke the law. Why should Williams get fired for lying? Most members of the MSM make their living lying.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:44:41 PM »
Anderson Cooper still has a job, and he broke the law.

Hmmm ... must have missed that one.  Details?

Why should Williams get fired for lying? Most members of the MSM make their living lying.

They're paid to not get caught.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:48:26 PM »
Hmmm ... must have missed that one.  Details?

They're paid to not get caught.

Sorry. I always confuse Anderson Cooper with David Gregory.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 11:59:25 PM »
A reporter can boot a news story, that's a mistake and so long as it's rare you have credibility still . Anyone can make a mistake. This? Not so much.
I would can him. They may ease him out . If they want him gone this is a golden shot. Get rid of him without a settlement

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:16:55 AM »

In a 2008 NBC blog post with his byline, he wrote that the “Chinook helicopter flying in front of ours (from the 101st Airborne) took an RPG to the rear rotor.”

In fact, in the original Dateline special on the incident, Williams even says, "On the ground we learn the Chinook ahead of us was almost blown out of the sky," acknowledging he was not in the lead helicopter.
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/brian-williams-offers-clarification-about-2003-iraq-incident-n300461

So five years later, he recounted it more accurately, and then seven years after that he had the facts all screwed up? I don't know much about this case, but it seems more to me like a case of confusion, conflated with a news anchor's desire to be a part of the story (inflated ego).

We all know that eye witnesses tell very different stories, and the memory is badly unreliable. A guy I know is convinced he saw George III's diary in the British Museum, open to the "Nothing happened" July 4th entry. He took an apocryphal story, and internalized it as a personal experience. I could imagine Brian Williams being very frightened by the idea that it easily could have been his helicopter, and it becoming so real to him, that (years later) he thought he was on the downed aircraft. And then apparently his own network was telling him he WAS on that aircraft. This article from 2007 seems to be claiming Williams was in the chopper.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-03-04-brian-williams-iraq_N.htm
It's Williams' third trip to Iraq since the war started. He's traveling with retired U.S. Army Gen. Wayne Downing, who was with him on a previous visit when Williams' helicopter was forced down by insurgent fire.

Or maybe I'm just thinking this way, because I read this today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurston_County_ritual_abuse_case
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 01:35:13 AM »
When I was in Vietnam, we flew into and out of Pleiku (central highlands, 4th Infantry Division territory) in C130s (I think - aircraft ID is not my thing). There was considerable concern that the birds often took fire while landing and taking off. I was exceedingly happy and relieved that the planes I was on didn't take fire, either when I arrived or when I left to ETS stateside.

I have no trouble remembering that I didn't get shot at that day. And that was a lot more than 12 years ago. (46, to be more precise -- but who's counting?)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »
This will blow over very quickly.  As long as Williams continues to play along with the larger narrative, his job will be safe.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:39 AM »
Of course, it doesn't really matter which puppets are performing in the puppet theater for the somnambulent masses. If it weren't Brian Williams reading the news, the propaganda would be spread by someone with more credibility. That's not really a plus.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 07:48:03 AM »
Won't affect his career long term.

She booted a news story. They all do that
He got caught in a bad lie. That's different. And he didn't confess till after he was caught

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
IMO, people who habitually lie or habitually justify their mistakes will convince themselves of anything and go to great lengths to convince people they didn't lie. 
http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/brian-williams-offers-clarification-about-2003-iraq-incident-n300461

So five years later, he recounted it more accurately, and then seven years after that he had the facts all screwed up? I don't know much about this case, but it seems more to me like a case of confusion, conflated with a news anchor's desire to be a part of the story (inflated ego).

We all know that eye witnesses tell very different stories, and the memory is badly unreliable. A guy I know is convinced he saw George III's diary in the British Museum, open to the "Nothing happened" July 4th entry. He took an apocryphal story, and internalized it as a personal experience. I could imagine Brian Williams being very frightened by the idea that it easily could have been his helicopter, and it becoming so real to him, that (years later) he thought he was on the downed aircraft. And then apparently his own network was telling him he WAS on that aircraft. This article from 2007 seems to be claiming Williams was in the chopper.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-03-04-brian-williams-iraq_N.htm

Or maybe I'm just thinking this way, because I read this today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurston_County_ritual_abuse_case

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
Why is it that people caught in lies or actions that were illegal or despicable allowed to get away with labeling those actions as "mistakes"?  Leaving your car keys in the ignition is a mistake. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
It's a mistake to me if you confess before you get caught

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »
It's a mistake to me if you confess before you get caught

To me, it's a mistake if it's a mistake. A lie is not a mistake.

"Our chopper took an RPG" when your chopper was an hour away (and you probably weren't even airborn at the time) is not a "mistake." It's an outright lie.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 01:36:50 PM »
Yup, this is just a blatant lie.

Why do we still listen to these people in the MSM?  We all know they're full of *expletive deleted*it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 03:29:18 PM »
Remember the Iceberg Principle - just as only the tip of an iceberg is visible, only the tip of the media's LIES ever come to light.

So the important thing here isn't Brian Williams' lie about taking fire - the important thing is to think about is "what ELSE has he lied about in the past, what ELSE is he lying about today, and what ELSE will he lie about in the future?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:56:02 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »
Oh they have already dug out other stories post katrina

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
She booted a news story. They all do that
He got caught in a bad lie. That's different. And he didn't confess till after he was caught

Hillary didn't confess until after she was caught, either -- hence the title of this thread.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/flashback-hillary-was-lying-about-taking-fire-it-was-cool#BbGnWQ:aPS

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
Turns out that Williams wasn't the only one making things up. The crew with him may have piped in radio chatter from another Chinook to make it sound like theirs had taken fire. If true, then there's a whole bunch of people who are guilty.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/02/09/brian-williams-there-i-was-looking-down-the-tube-of-a-rpg-n1954730

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
He's part of the Left- lies are not only acceptable, but a means to getting their agenda accomplished.
Obama lies, Hillary lies, Bill Clinton Lies, Holder lies...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 10:14:13 AM »
Thinking about it, Williams didn't do anything to harm the 'great integrity of broadcast journalism.'
Dan Rather told some whoppers about his life experiences.
Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw weren't much better.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »
Thinking about it, Williams didn't do anything to harm the 'great integrity of broadcast journalism.'
Dan Rather told some whoppers about his life experiences.
Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw weren't much better.

Agreed. Williams harmed his own integrity with the lie he told. Lying about something specific to the war would have harmed the integrity of journalists in general. Everyone knows that aircraft in a combat zone could take fire. He just lied about his specific aircraft to, I guess, be macho.

Which makes it even funnier that so much of the left and even MSM are bringing up Bush and Chenney, and why they were never "punished" for lying about the war, but Williams was.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."