Author Topic: Can we get to 2016 already?  (Read 1002 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Can we get to 2016 already?
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
Took the car in for it's 30K service, so I'm stuck here waiting.

Watching Fox news (yes, I was here first, so I get the remote.   >:D >:D >:D)

They are showing the joint press conference of Obama and Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany.  He prattled on about soccer, and the World Cup.   ;/ ;/

She talked about the long term US/German relationship, the 25th Anniversary of German reunification, and transatlantic cooperation in a variety of areas (Afghanistan, Europe, etc.)  She then went on to discuss Ukraine, forcefully, and stopping Russia/Putin, much to the chagrin of Obama.

The first question had him mumbling and dissembling a rambling answer where he managed to say a whole lot of noting about how he hasn't made a decision.

She says that she and the French President have decided to make one more attempt to negotiate a cease-fire/peace agreement to end the fighting.   Failing that, they will "explore possible" actions to take.

She has more balls then he does.  Can we trade leaders?  Damn near every other country seems to have a "Leader".  We have a freakin' community organizer who doesn't know how to lead.

Hahahaha..... Some German correspondent (I missed which agency she's from), asked him  "Since you haven't decided to provide lethal aid to Ukraine, what's your "Redline" to make that decision."

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Nice to see at least one journalist asking the hard questions...Sadly not the American press...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Can we get to 2016 already?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
So, you think things will materially improve in January 2017? I'm not seeing it yet. =|
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
The current POTUS is impotent without TOTUS.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
Oh.  Teleprompter. Took me a minute.  Shoulda known that offhand.

An American press with gonads?  I'm under the impression that the White House Press Corps is subject to revocation of their White House credentials if they print something contrary to what the Minister of Enlightenment spoon-feeds them.

Am I wrong?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:41:32 PM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
I heard a guy on the radio mention more than once that Putin would probably make a better President that Obama.

However, Putin would want to control the media and take away our rights.  .....   Okay, maybe not that different outside the shirts/no shirts. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge