Author Topic: No Glock Bluegun for you! [/soup nazi voice]  (Read 1316 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
No Glock Bluegun for you! [/soup nazi voice]
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2015/03/26/no-blue-gun-for-you/

GLOCKS ARE BACK!
Glock has recently issued a New Contract with Ring’s Manufacturing Inc. (BLUEGUNS) to manufacture Glock Blueguns as we have been doing for the past 10 years. This new contract states that Glock restricts the sale of Glock Blueguns to the Public. We are restricted to selling Glock Blueguns to the Police, Military, Trainers, Police Distributors, or Holster Manufacturers. We ask that our customers abide by these rules and refrain from offering Glock Blueguns to the Public on the Internet, Publications or General Catalogs. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your support.

WTF? What in God’s name would make Glock restrict the sale of a truly inert piece of plastic to the general population?

Really?  No Blueguns for you! [/soup nazi voice]

Are they afraid that one will accidentally go off by itself if someone who is not an Only One touches it?

It is a shame I do not do anything that uses Blueguns.  Otherwise I'd write them and tell them I'd never buy anything from them because of this decision.

stay safe.

edited because I wished I could boycott the wrong folks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:12:39 PM by vaskidmark »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

griz

• friend
Re: No Glock Bluegun for you! [/soup nazi voice]
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
I would assume they have thought it out but the reason doesn't jump out as obvious.  Maybe they are worried somebody will buy one, paint it black, and use it in a robbery? 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »
Maybe they are worried somebody will buy one, paint it black, and use it in a robbery? 
That is all I could think of also.  But that is carrying liability paranoia a bit far isn't it?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »
Or, probably more scary to them would be folks buying them as toys.  Some kid gets one, then gets shot when he points it at a cop.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »
Or maybe they just think this will contribute to what's left of the Glock mystique?

Or maybe they realize we'll learn that the plastic in their gun is just like the plastic in, well, everything else?

Or maybe Glock is taking a lesson from HK (You suck and vee hate you)?

Chris

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
. . .  Maybe they are worried somebody will buy one, paint it black, and use it in a robbery? 
By comparison, how long would it take to remove or blacken the orange tip of an Airsoft pistol?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »
By comparison, how long would it take to remove or blacken the orange tip of an Airsoft pistol?
Less time and way less money. You can buy quite realistic looking airsoft spring pistols for less than 20 bucks.

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:33:41 AM »

Yea, the airsoft would be easier, but it doesn't have the Glock trademark on it.  So they could only be sued if somebody used their non-gun.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
Less time and way less money. You can buy quite realistic looking airsoft spring pistols for less than 20 bucks.

Funny story...

Many years ago (late 90s), when Airsoft first appeared and was something you had to special order from Asia, me and several cow-orkers went in on an order for a handful of spring-powered Glock lookalikes with metal slides (very authentic from a distance, looked just like a Glock 19, no orange tip).  They were delivered to the office and we putzed around with them in our offices.  The two groups had offices separate from the cube farm, but there were 3-5 people in each of the two offices.

Well, apparently one day, one of us in my group's office were messing around with our new toy and someone must have seen us through the window.  Some time later, we were called into a conference room with some of the project's senior management to explain the report that we were seen with a gun in the office.  At first we were confused since we knew we didn't have any guns (we were all gun people in that office and even hunted together), but then it clicked with me what they might have seen.  I fetched the Airsoft gun, explained what it was and why it was at the office.  Surprisingly enough, we were merely told not to bring it back into the office and sent on our way.

Nobody was fired or even officially reprimanded. 

Chris

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
Maybe its time to start trolling Glock by having glocks duracoated/rustoleum'd blue and posting youtube videos of 'shooting the Blue Glocks'. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »
Maybe its time to start trolling Glock by having glocks duracoated/rustoleum'd blue and posting youtube videos of 'shooting the Blue Glocks'. >:D

Don't even shoot it, just pretend it's an actual Blue Gun.

Hell, I would if someone gave me a Glock or I got one cheap (below $300). 

Chris

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
Why would you not license them and sell them as an accessory.  Use it for your draw practice.  Seriously sell them for $25-30.  I mean your talking $2-3 in plastic.  Maybe for $10-15 more put in a Glock practice trigger, for dry fire practice.

Why do gun companies insist on being dense?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »
It wasn't Glock being dense, I'd bet my NFA fund it was some PD, medium to large sized, and either Californian, or NE costal, that made a mention of being worried about it. Probably some blather about "Criminals practicing disarming techniques" or whatever, as if they couldn't do it with toy guns, Airsoft or any number of things (unloaded real guns) just as easily. But Glock and the BlueGuns company was more than happy to comply considering that LEA's are still likely to be 99% of their business.

Of course in reality it's just about "protecting the talismans of the tribe". We've got special cop-stuf that makes us feel... special. And other people shouldn't be able to have it.

There's plenty of this attitude in any number of industries, not just law enforcement supplies.
I promise not to duck.

griz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »
Another reason just occurred to me.  How about an attempt to create demand by making them "LEO only" and then letting a few hundred thousand be offered for sale at inflated prices?  Probably not as some folks already have them and the price isn't low now.