Author Topic: Rollin' Ferguson style v2.0  (Read 761 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Rollin' Ferguson style v2.0
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/watchful-eye/black-community-has-officer-gs-back_14827940

A crowd gathered as Knoxville Police Department Lt. Gordon Gwathney struggled with the screaming black woman in the public housing development.

Gwathney already had shot his stun gun at the 5-foot-2-inch tall woman, but her crack cocaine high made her impervious to the electric jolt designed to freeze the muscles of large men. She ripped the metal wires from her body and continued to fight.

As he tussled with the 110-pound woman, the crowd of onlookers in Walter P. Taylor Homes swelled. Gwathney’s radio was ripped from his uniform as he forced the woman to the ground, so calling for help as the crowd closed in around him was not an option.

As he fought to get handcuffs on the squirming woman, two people from the crowd jumped into the fray. ....

Seems more than just a few people were fed up with the way things had been going.  And took it upon themselves to "do something" about it.

There is a Paul Harvey "Rest of the Story" moment to this, but I'm going to make you find it on your own.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Rollin' Ferguson style v2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »
My hope for humanity has ticked up a couple of notches. Still not out of negative territory but upward motion is good.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »
Hope those people don't suffer reprisals.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:30:23 PM »
My hope for humanity has ticked up a couple of notches. Still not out of negative territory but upward motion is good.

It might start ticking down again:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/28/us/st-louis-metrolink-beating/index.html

Yeah, I'm just a ray of sunshine.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
To residents of East Knoxville, Gwathney is “Officer G.”

“He treats us like people; he knows our names,” said Linda Conner, a resident of Walter P. Taylor Homes whose two adult children benefited from Gwathney’s influence.

I am sure this has something to do with it. Seems Officer G is an anomaly in LE.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:54:05 PM »
It might start ticking down again:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/28/us/st-louis-metrolink-beating/index.html

Yeah, I'm just a ray of sunshine.

We also had a white yahoo in South County assault a black former Cardinal (baseball type), which appears to have been racially motivated. He's alleged to have said, "Go back to Ferguson." Also, like ten people got shot this past week, if I remember correctly. A bunch of them died.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife