Author Topic: You'll never guess who wants to censor the internet.  (Read 3017 times)

Andiron

• friend
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: You'll never guess who wants to censor the internet.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
During the BBS days, when certain books that I'd heard about but had never seen in person started making it to the boards, my dot matrix printer printed like mad. All that online literature started disappearing when the Internet became easy to use, I think in part because nobody wanted to be tracked as having downloaded something like the Anarchist's Cookbook.

I suppose she can try and censor that stuff, but like censoring plans for a 3D printed firearm, good luck trying.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 09:35:48 PM »
Anarchists cookbook? Lol.
That one needs to be spread far and wide..... people who think they are going to make bombs using that as a reference are going to maim or kill themselves. Its almost like some sort of Darwin test.

A good reference is TM-31 210, the chemistry and techniques are sound, which I think feinstein tried banning, but is easily found online. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 10:16:34 PM »
I understand the whole "good luck, let her try" sentiment,  but the larger part is that this just gets reported,  without calling for torches and pitchforks,  and how dare you mess with the first amendment talk.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »
I understand the whole "good luck, let her try" sentiment,  but the larger part is that this just gets reported,  without calling for torches and pitchforks,  and how dare you mess with the first amendment talk.

Well, that's true enough, and I certainly say the same about firearms laws, for example. It's easy enough to get something that's "illegal", but what good is it when you get caught with it and sent to the pokey, contrary to an unalienable right?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
The 2nd amendment has a narrower following,  I really expected more honest outrage when it came to defiling the internet.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »
The 2nd amendment has a narrower following,  I really expected more honest outrage when it came to defiling the internet.

Because the leftist *expletive deleted*s are perfectly OK with this so long as it's used against the "right people" and not them.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 01:51:47 AM »

I still have that thing somewhere. Printed up on dot matrix paper. Best things about that book were the instructions on jackpotting change machines, and making free long distance calls from a pay phone with nothing more then a paper clip.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »
It would be OK with me if the censoring only happened inside her state.

Well, the southern half, anyhow.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:35:14 PM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »
It would be OK with me if the censoring only happened inside her state.

Well, the southern half, anyhow.

Do you mean the Northern half? She lives in San Fran.  :)

birdman

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »
That one needs to be spread far and wide..... people who think they are going to make bombs using that as a reference are going to maim or kill themselves. Its almost like some sort of Darwin test.

A good reference is TM-31 210, the chemistry and techniques are sound, which I think feinstein tried banning, but is easily found online. >:D

The "greatest hits" TMs are good to have both the ink and electrons of. :)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
Do you mean the Northern half? She lives in San Fran.  :)

OK. struck that.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »

I think the Anarchist's Cookbook was probably responsible for half the hippie/yippie/SDS bomb factory blowups several decades back - Darwin test indeed. Even as a young kid fascinated with chemistry and pyrotechnics for fireworks, I wasn't, well, dumb enough to follow the AC's recipes.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 08:49:34 AM »
The "greatest hits" TMs are good to have both the ink and electrons of. :)
Any recommendationings?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

birdman

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »
Any recommendationings?

TM-31-201. Unconventional warfare devices and techniques: Incendiaries
TM-31-210. Improvised munitions handbook (the "real" anarchists cookbook)
FM-21-76 Survival
ST-31-91B special forces medical handbook
SH-21-76 Ranger handbook

Those, (mainly the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) plus the SAS survival handbook are in my "grab these print books" section of my bookshelf.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
TM-31-201. Unconventional warfare devices and techniques: Incendiaries
TM-31-210. Improvised munitions handbook (the "real" anarchists cookbook)
FM-21-76 Survival
ST-31-91B special forces medical handbook
SH-21-76 Ranger handbook

Those, (mainly the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) plus the SAS survival handbook are in my "grab these print books" section of my bookshelf.

Thanks.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila