Author Topic: More Liberalism Run Amok in the ROTC  (Read 5529 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
Re: More Liberalism Run Amok in the ROTC
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
Gotta support the command's SHARP initiatives.  Pretty much no matter what.  sigh.

Although the cynic in me read this:

none of these events are relevant or even well thought out. The “speeches” people give are either geared towards women or poorly constructed, and we are all sitting in uniform (men and women, both) listening and wondering how it is at all relevant.

And thought "That's actually pretty good training that will be helpful in their career."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
Clearly the commandant of the ROTC at that institution doesn't understand the meaning of the word "uniform" as it applies to the military.

Contact info:

RED DIAMOND BATTALION
(215) 204-7480
rotc@temple.edu
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:19 PM »
Sadly the article said it was the initiative of GEN. Cross at Cadet Command.  So DA level.  Blowing up that BN CDR's e-mail won't help.

ETA: A CG can pretty much shred 670-1 for their command if they want to. Especially something like this that is a one time, SHARP related event.  It's definately under their discretion.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
What happens when a cadet reports unfit for drill due to injury sustained from non-uniform spec. footwear?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »
A few of them will come out of this with a better understanding of the left and will despise the left for it.
Me<--- example
As an undergraduate, I was exposed to two examples of this:
1. As a naive freshman, rape sounded bad, I supported anti-rape awareness, so I joined a Take Back the Night march. It turned out to be a rabid feminist/lesbian hate-filled hatefest against men.
2. As a member of a student organization, we had to acquire a certain number of 'community credits' to keep our charter. Basically we had to show up to an indoctrination speech/seminar and got a credit for every member/hour there- seemed easy and we figured we'd all meet up at the bar afterwards. There were maybe 300 people there watching a granola chick playing a piano while talking about how men are the weaker sex, how they were disgusting, how they were vile, how they preyed on women, how they cannot be trusted, etc. I lasted about 5 minutes before I noisily got up, and laughed my ass off while I walked to the exit to go to the bar a little earlier than everyone else.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »
Look, it's not just the ROTC. Went on base this weekend and there were hand painted t-shirts hung up everywhere reminding me to obtain consent, no means no, etc. I got to sit through yet another lecture with the highlight takeaway for me as always being that according to the DOD one drink removes the ability to give consent. So married peoples you are all either teetotalers or rapers. Because I'm pretty sure that a few drinks is a pretty accepted practice in the field of cohabitational conjugal bliss. I have had at least 10 trainings on this in the past year. This is the most pressing problem in the military. Way more important than the fact that all of our airplanes we could be fixing are 5-10 years more used up than they should be thanks to the GWOT and crap-ass congressional procurement practices.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:07:44 PM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
I was bs'ing with my old Gunny last weekend.  He was forced to fly down to New Orleans for.... Equal opportunity training.

Makes perfect sense to me.  The most important thing  working up for a deployment is PC death by Powerpoint.  :facepalm:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »
All this nonsense is part of the reason I am not so keen on my kids joining the US armed forces.  Maybe my son can learn French in HS and join the French Foreign Legion for a few years to get the tempering provided by military service.  In any case, I counsel my kids against a military career--as opposed to a short stint--as it seems .mil leadership has deteriorated to a parody of a tragedy of real leadership.  And America is less and less worth the sacrifice every year.

For my own part, I was able to avoid all but one post-basic traisning BS PC briefing when I was in.  The policy of my unit had of dismissing anyone for any reason at any time if it was deemed good for the unit kept this crap to a minimum.  Plus leadership higher up actually provided top cover.  I did hear horror stories of other units, though.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Issues I see more and more is that there is way too much micro-managing from officers.  Too many of them won't let their NCO's be NCO's.  I'm just curious as to what happened to officers issuing the orders to the NCO's and they go make sure it gets done?  Now too many want to not only tell the NCO how to accomplish the mission but actually do it for them.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »
To use a quote we see here a fair bit... "The stupid, it burns." Only in this case it's not the story subject, it's the conclusion-jumping here and the blind rush to hammer the ROTC for an issue that's pure social media politi-twist.

I'll be blunt... if ANY of you start spamming the ROTC about this then you're an unobservant dolt and deserved to be pointed and laughed at.

Read the OP link again. Pay close attention to the event title. Very, very close. If that isn't a clue then look it up.

"Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" is a respected local fundraising event held in cities all across America. I participate in the Lubbock event. It's tongue-in-cheek good fun that engages the community. Our local ROTC participates, as does many of the local high school sports teams.

Now untwist your knickers chill the f*** out.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:23 AM »
Issues I see more and more is that there is way too much micro-managing from officers.  Too many of them won't let their NCO's be NCO's.  I'm just curious as to what happened to officers issuing the orders to the NCO's and they go make sure it gets done?  Now too many want to not only tell the NCO how to accomplish the mission but actually do it for them.

I've been told at one time lieutenants in training were told he had cement, a metal pole, and some line. He was then asked by his trainer what commands he would give to have a flag pole raised.

Most went through the orders of getting water to make the cement, placing the flagpole, etc...

They were failed. The correct order was "Sargeant, get that flagpole raised."

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »
To use a quote we see here a fair bit... "The stupid, it burns." Only in this case it's not the story subject, it's the conclusion-jumping here and the blind rush to hammer the ROTC for an issue that's pure social media politi-twist.

I'll be blunt... if ANY of you start spamming the ROTC about this being an issue, you're an unobservant dolt and deserved to be pointed and laughed at.

Read the OP link again. Pay close attention to the event title. Very, very close. If that isn't a clue then look it up.

"Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" is a respected local fundraising event held in cities all across America. I participate in the Lubbock event. It's tongue-in-cheek good fun that engages the community. Our local ROTC participates, as does many of the local high school sports teams.

Brad

Perhaps you ought to read the link as well. The issue is not that soldiers chose to be involved with the stupid event. The issue is that they were FORCED to and forced to do so in a specific way, with threats of reprimand.

Someone here is needing to untwist knickers and chill out, though.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »

I'll be blunt... if ANY of you start spamming the ROTC about this then you're an unobservant dolt and deserved to be pointed and laughed at.

Brad

Incidentally, I'd like to know how coerced participation is "tongue in cheek good fun that engages the community."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
Perhaps you ought to read the link as well. The issue is not that soldiers chose to be involved with the stupid event. The issue is that they were FORCED to and forced to do so in a specific way, with threats of reprimand.

Someone here is needing to untwist knickers and chill out, though.

Reading the article for content?  Obviously someone here needs some duhversity training.  In red pumps!

Incidentally, I'd like to know how coerced participation is "tongue in cheek good fun that engages the community."

The transvestite community, silly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2800742/transgender-military-personnel-18-countries-open-service-allowed-gather-discuss-military-join.html
Transgender military personnel from 18 countries across the world gathered today to talk about their experiences and discuss whether the US military could join them.

The conference attendees, who are all from militaries that allow transgender service, gathered in Washington, DC.

The gathering, Perspectives on Transgender Military Service from Around the Globe, is the first-ever and largest international conference of transgender military service members on US soil. 

"Tell me Donald, er, Donna, how you overcame all the obstacles and managed to force your fellow service members to treat your mental illness and boundless narcissism as perfectly natural and not a freakshow?"

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:19 AM »

Yeah, and...? If Pvt Buttercup doesn't like taking orders, he shouldn't have joined the ROTC.

Events (In order of occurrence)
1. Local non-profit has a community fundraiser.
2. ROTC, which likely has a history of their cadets participating in this annual community fundraiser, joins.
3. ROTC command issues ROTC cadets orders to show up for duty at community fundraiser.
4. Cadet Buttercup gets butthurt because he has to follow an order for "...the stupidest f^^^ing thing I've ever done" (Direct quote from Pvt Buttercup's message).
5. Cadet Buttercup tweets said butthurt to his buddies who glom on to it because, you know, it's f^^^ing stupid, dude!
6. Cadet Buttercup's social media buddies take his whine-fest and spread it as absolute, objective fact.
7. Hair trigger factions of the Conservative Political Justice Brigade accept it without any attempt at establishing context, perspective, or credibility.
8. It gets posted to multiple forums where politically sensitive types foam at the mouth over it.

"...then the Princess married her handsome Prince, the Kingdom was saved, and they all lived happily ever after. The End."

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
Yeah, and...? If Pvt Buttercup doesn't like taking orders, he shouldn't have joined the ROTC.

2. ROTC, which likely has a history of their cadets participating in this annual community fundraiser, joins.
3. ROTC command issues ROTC cadets orders to show up for duty at community fundraiser.
4. Cadet Buttercup gets butthurt because he has to follow an order.
5. Cadet Buttercup tweets said butthurt to his buddies.
6. Cadet Buttercup's social media buddies take his whine-fest and spread it as absolute, objective fact.
7. Hair trigger factions of the Conservative Political Justice Brigade accept it without any attempt at establishing context, perspective, or credibility.
8. It gets posted to multiple forums where politically sensitive types foam at the mouth over it.

...and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Brad

If you'll note, several other "Cadet Buttercups" tweeted their disgust as well.

So we've gone from "good fun" to suck it up and deal with it, cause I support this action.

Good to know.

Any comments regarding the breaking of the uniform regulations required of these cadets?

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »

4. Cadet Buttercup gets butthurt because he has to follow an order for "...the stupidest f^^^ing thing I've ever done" (Direct quote from Pvt Buttercup's message).
5. Cadet Buttercup tweets said butthurt to his buddies who glom on to it because, you know, it's f^^^ing stupid, dude!

"...then the Princess married her handsome Prince, the Kingdom was saved, and they all lived happily ever after. The End."

Brad

1. Being ordered to do something does not automatically transform that something from dumbassery to training gold.  Dumbass officers would tell us otherwise, but they are, remember, dumbasses.

2. The entire event, in and of itself, is feminist dumbassery even before ROTC got involved. 

Go to the website.  Run of the mill leftist "War on Women" pablum.  I would be ashamed to associate with this drek.

http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/
A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event is a playful opportunity for men to raise awareness in their community about the serious causes, effects and remediations to men's sexualized violence against women.

There is an old saying: "You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes." Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® asks men to literally walk one mile in women's high-heeled shoes.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
Brad, you should be a military recruiter. 

The message said they had to buy their own women's shoes as well. 

Every one of these march for this and walk for this events are useless.  They just spend a bunch of money and make a bunch of people feel good that they are "doing something".  "raising awareness" is BS.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 01:28:29 PM »
Brad, you should be a military recruiter. 

The message said they had to buy their own women's shoes as well. 

Every one of these march for this and walk for this events are useless.  They just spend a bunch of money and make a bunch of people feel good that they are "doing something".  "raising awareness" is BS.

No, they don't.  The "Walk A Mile" fundraisers have a sign up fee but shoes are provided. Locally the sign up fee is $25 but it's waived if you get that much in donations. Donations go directly to the agencies involved (in our case the local Rape Crisis Center). Hardly a "just did it to feel good" event. As for "every one of these march for this and walk for this events are useless", well, you need to educate yourself how most local non-profit organizations are funded, and how critical many of these organizations are to their communities.

Listen guys, everything about this is BS. It's a kid who thought it was beneath him to walk in women's shoes, good cause be damned. He messages his butthurt about it, people take it completely out of context, run with it, and here we are. People have invested emotional spittle in damning the ROTC for their "heinous act" and don't want to admit they got suckered by a teenager with a beef, a lopsided story, and the vagaries of social media.

The kid's post oozes self pity, put upon-ness, and a general sense of this-is-beneath-me elitism. Until anyone can prove different I'm sticking with the kid being a coddled twit, and the story making rounds because some overly sensitive political warrior(s) decided that context, back story, and a generally considering all the facts didn't matter because, you know, it's LIBERAL BAD PEOPLENESS RUN AMOCK LOOK OMIGOD THEY'RE WEARING WOMEN'S SHOES IT'S THE ROTC THEY'RE A BUNCH OF LIBTARD SCUM!!!

If we're to do anything about real problems then we have to stop letting ourselves get fooled into obsessing over the manufactured ones.

Brad
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
I view it as equally unethical and sickening as "voluntary" Combined Federal Campaign.

I always refused to participate, which did not go down well with my command staff. Apparently their command unethically pushes them to push their units and personnel to cough up money to make the participation rates look good. I'd be told to participate, refuse, they'd order me, I'd ask for the orders in writing but also volunteer to gladly take a counseling statement, then I'd be "punished" in some administrative manner. Usually ordered to go rake dirt, paint rocks, or clean field gear. Usually stretching significantly "off duty". Which was fine with me. Worth every second to give the finger to the CFC.

One of the smarter officers solved the problem with bribery. She made the squad food and gave me cash which I would then donate. Violating Articles 81, 88, 92, 98, 107, 123, 131 and 133 of UCMJ in this context was entirely ethical, as "stealing money from your subordinates to further or support your own career" is significantly less ethical and immoral, even if common. The Lt was a pretty good officer.

A good officer should never under any circumstances take from his or her troops, against their will, to support said officer's own career and entirely for non-military purposes. Doesn't matter whether it's ordering NCOs to put the strong arm on the PFCs to cough up money to the CFC, or spend $20 on red shoes for some PR event, or anything else. People can flip out over feminism or liberalism or whatever else they wish to flip out over. They're entitled to their opinion.

I am choosing to point out how the ROTC is training potential officers to engage in unethical behavior that will erode any faith in said officer's fundamental ability to command. Otherwise, I completely concur with Brad.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »
No, they don't.  The "Walk A Mile" fundraisers have a sign up fee but shoes are provided. Locally the sign up fee is $25 but it's waived if you get that much in donations. Donations go directly to the agencies involved (in our case the local Rape Crisis Center). Hardly a "just did it to feel good" event. As for "every one of these march for this and walk for this events are useless", well, you need to educate yourself how most local non-profit organizations are funded, and how critical many of these organizations are to their communities.

Listen guys, everything about this is BS. It's a kid who thought it was beneath him to walk in women's shoes, good cause be damned. He messages his butthurt about it, people take it completely out of context, run with it, and here we are. People have invested emotional spittle in damning the ROTC for their "heinous act" and don't want to admit they got suckered by a teenager with a beef, a lopsided story, and the vagaries of social media.

The kid's post oozes self pity, put upon-ness, and a general sense of this-is-beneath-me elitism. Until anyone can prove different I'm sticking with the kid being a coddled twit, and the story making rounds because some overly sensitive political warrior(s) decided that context, back story, and a generally considering all the facts didn't matter because, you know, it's LIBERAL BAD PEOPLENESS RUN AMOCK LOOK OMIGOD THEY'RE WEARING WOMEN'S SHOES IT'S THE ROTC THEY'RE A BUNCH OF LIBTARD SCUM!!!

If we're to do anything about real problems then we have to stop letting ourselves get fooled into obsessing over the manufactured ones.

Brad

Ok. I took you at your word and looked up to find out what worthy cause the Temple (which is where this was happening) Walk a Mile In Her Shoes™ walk was supporting.

Reading the site, I don't see any charity involved in receiving donations there. I do see something about "Raising Awareness", but no mention of anything useful.

Maybe you can help me out by showing where this walk benefited a Women's shelter?

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 03:34:13 PM »

Brad

You mean like the bogus "1 in 5 women raped in college" manufactured crisis?  Or the "War on Women" manufactured crisis? 

Or those manufactured on the http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/ web page?
Every two minutes someone in America is raped. One in six American women are victims of sexual assault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent-crime/forcible-rape

===================

Military & associated personnel being ordered to support leftist front organizations, now there might be a problem.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »
Yes, it is just a "feel good" event.  They could just ask for donations only.  They set up this "walk" stuff because it creates a social event so donors can hang out with other donors and pat themselves on the back.  The physical act of walking makes them feel even more like they "did" something. 

Brad
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
I don't know what the kid's complaint is. My complaint is that it disrespects the uniform. The ROTC could have donated a bunch of cash, and had some guys show up, in full uniform, to help out in a support role.

Brad, it's not a small thing to humiliate someone, by forcing opposite-gender clothing on them. You may wear ladies' shoes, if you like. You feel it's a good cause, and that's fine. Others may feel differently, and they are not necessarily wrong.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife