Author Topic: Must you be black to be a regional head of the NAACP?  (Read 24921 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Must you be black to be a regional head of the NAACP?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
I just dislike any fraudulent means to bootstrap oneself into the position. 

Remember we are talking about the NAACP here. Not exactly a reputable organization in any sense of the word. Race pimpin' ain't easy!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 09:35:33 PM »
At the company I used to work for, there were many diversity initiatives. The much celebrated and awarded Hispanic ringleader was white with red hair and freckles. He spoke English with no accent, but he probably was literally Hispanic insofar as he probably hailed from a Spanish-speaking country. I just personally could not with a straight face claim Hispanic in such a capacity with that phenotype. Then again, if I had the cred, maybe I would decide to troll them after all. It's too bad for me that "eastern European and Irish" isn't an ethnicity with clubs.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 11:28:55 PM »
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm *expletive deleted*ing retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

So, you'll be running for president of the Rotary Club?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »
She should have just quoted Navin R. Johnson,  "I was born a poor black child..."

It made it all the way to page 2 before someone quoted that.....You people are slipping...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
Buried deep in my memory is a recollection that when pressed some government official said that the only qualification needed to obtain Hispanic Protected Minority status was an Hispanic-sounding name.

I wondered if "Bosnolovichez" would have worked.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
Buried deep in my memory is a recollection that when pressed some government official said that the only qualification needed to obtain Hispanic Protected Minority status was an Hispanic-sounding name.

I wondered if "Bosnolovichez" would have worked.

Yup one of my dad's coworkers changed his name to Hernandez during the era when " Hispanic surname" mattered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »
Was he accepted as African-American? If not, on what basis could they have possibly refused to recognize what he clearly is?

I know at least one judge insisted that he be recognized as such.  Seems a potential employer mentioned that he wouldn't be considered because he lied about his race on the application, so he sued.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
So I was thinking, and obviously im not going to FB this, but I wanted to hash it out.

So, this woman is "not black" (at least no more than 1/64th based on history)
Our president is black (one parent was)
George Zimmerman is "not black" (but he is at least 1/16th, since great grandfather was)

So:
1. What fraction is required to be referred to as black?

2. Does anyone else think this is $@@/&:);ing insane?. Are we seriously going back to a modified one-drop rule?   How is that a good thing?

What ARE the rules?
Zimmerman is "white Hispanic" but not black.
I can't refer to Obama as white?  Because it seems, unless we are going back in time, that that is just as accurate as saying he's black, or calling Zimmerman white...or calling zimmerman Hispanic.

Or is it "whatever you identify as", in which case...doesn't that make orange lady black? (Though, legally, self-identification is how it actually works)
Or is it some nebulous "priviledge" thing...where you are only a minority if you are treated worse, by your own judgement, at some point, ever, by a "majority" person.

I really don't want to live on this planet anymore.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »
I know at least one judge insisted that he be recognized as such.  Seems a potential employer mentioned that he wouldn't be considered because he lied about his race on the application, so he sued.

And won I would hope.  Precedent says you are whatever you claim to be on a form.  And it's only not legal, or actionable if you change it (at least without new knowledge)...and change it when you are not politically correct. (I.e. Are majority white, but claim black to get something).

Of course....that means that (and there is more than enough evidence) that a mixed race person can claim whatever they want...and provided they are the right appearance, our PC media won't care.

MLK must be rolling over in his grave...not only have we basically brought back one-drop, but we absolutely jidge people by the color of their skin...and people don't even feel bad about it.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
So I was thinking, and obviously im not going to FB this, but I wanted to hash it out.

George Zimmerman is "not black" (but he is at least 1/16th, since great grandfather was)

So:

2. Does anyone else think this is $@@/&:);ing insane?. Are we seriously going back to a modified one-drop rule?   How is that a good thing?

What ARE the rules?
I can't refer to Obama as white?  Because it seems, unless we are going back in time, that that is just as accurate as saying he's black, or calling Zimmerman white...or calling zimmerman Hispanic.

Or is it "whatever you identify as", in which case...doesn't that make orange lady black? (Though, legally, self-identification is how it actually works)
Or is it some nebulous "priviledge" thing...where you are only a minority if you are treated worse, by your own judgement, at some point, ever, by a "majority" person.

Trying to make sense of something that is senseless is pretty much the fast road to crazy town.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm *expletive deleted*ing retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

I guffawed!!!!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
The only reason the NALCP (National Association of Liberal Colored People) is supporting her is they don't want to look like idiots!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
But the more they support her, the more idiotic they look. It's a wonderful spiral they have gotten themselves into. ;)

bob

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2015, 03:12:39 AM »
1. What fraction is required to be referred to as black?...Are we seriously going back to a modified one-drop rule?

I think the phrase you are looking for is "the slightest touch of the tar brush."

I discovered, nearly the hard way, that one must be careful of his audience or very sure of his escape route before pointing out to racist black golf fans that Tiger Woods is the worlds most famous Thai-American. =D (Couldn't find a "feets don't fail me now!" smiley...)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:57:51 AM by Chuck Dye »
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2015, 08:03:43 AM »
This is a twist on the whole "passing" thing.
For those who don't know, "passing" was when light-skinned Blacks used to pass for white back in the days of segregation.

But the more they support her, the more idiotic they look. It's a wonderful spiral they have gotten themselves into. ;)
bob

Ain't that the truth.  :lol:

MLK must be rolling over in his grave...not only have we basically brought back one-drop, but we absolutely judge people by the color of their skin...and people don't even feel bad about it.

And that there's another truth.  =(
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2015, 08:24:19 AM »

So:

What ARE the rules?

Pretty much all that. I think I'm going to be black and run the NAACP around here. Our family is about 90% sure we'd fail the one drop test, you don't stay in Virginia for 350 some years without something happening. Best guess is that someone passed into white society.

This is just hyphenated America run amok. If there was no preferential treatment for some people this lady would have gotten a real job by now.

I wish more people would answer the "what are you?" with "American." Any other answer is pointless except as small talk at a party about how fascinating your lineage is.

I recently realized that based on my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother that I am 50% Scottish. Obviously I knew these things, especially since my grandfather was first generation American, but never really bothered to connect. So far no urges to go to highland games or buy William Wallace collector swords. If wherever you identify with coming from was so great then simple. Return there. If not, it is American.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2015, 09:50:37 AM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
Two weeks ago, we were celebrating a man for calling himself a woman. Why is everyone so surprised that a white person would call herself black?

"Blackness Confirmed"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_IJCpZfrPA

No, they're using a different method:

http://twitchy.com/2015/06/12/as-the-naacp-stands-behind-racheldolezal-blacktwitter-slams-with-hilarious-askrachel-questions/

My favorite:
Mary J Blige doesn't want hateration or holleration in where?
A) Her home
B) At work
C) In cars
D) This Dancery
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:43:23 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »
Pretty much all that. I think I'm going to be black and run the NAACP around here. Our family is about 90% sure we'd fail the one drop test, you don't stay in Virginia for 350 some years without something happening. Best guess is that someone passed into white society.

This is just hyphenated America run amok. If there was no preferential treatment for some people this lady would have gotten a real job by now.

I wish more people would answer the "what are you?" with "American." Any other answer is pointless except as small talk at a party about how fascinating your lineage is.

I recently realized that based on my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother that I am 50% Scottish. Obviously I knew these things, especially since my grandfather was first generation American, but never really bothered to connect. So far no urges to go to highland games or buy William Wallace collector swords. If wherever you identify with coming from was so great then simple. Return there. If not, it is American.

On my fathers side it's pretty straight forward Swede. But my mother's family? Ha! There is a reason I just say we're good old American mutts. The basic stock is English, but I'm pretty sure we've got links back to every European that flocked to American shores.

I got in a tiff with a Sociology professor by wanting to reclassify certain American subcultures as American ethnicities. I think that Appalachian certainly qualifies.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
There was going to be a Spokane chapter meeting tomorrow at which all would be explained. 

Ms. Dolezal cancelled the meeting though:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/14/spokane-naacp-president-ethnicity-questions/71215210/

Perhaps the lawyers and PR experts do not work on the weekend.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »
She just needs more time to get her story straight. And to figure out a way to explain why she's been claiming her brother as her son.

As they used to say in da hood, "Good luck wit dat."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 08:23:44 PM »
If someone figures out a way to spin outa this remember their name and hire them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »
The only reason the NALCP (National Association of Liberal Colored People) is supporting her is they don't want to look like idiots!

Way, way too late.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »

So:

Of course it is.  Since "race" is far more a social and political thing, than a biological one.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.