Author Topic: Tele sales ''kill' methods?  (Read 3979 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Tele sales ''kill' methods?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »
Tom Mabe is the absolute best with telemarketers: http://www.tommabe.com/
"Wake that kid up, give him my id and my car keys and send him out for some beer ." (talking to police benevolent assn. telesales droid).

Improv comedy.  Tom Mabe's kind of crude, but very funny.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 07:20:40 AM »
I would not reccomend volunteering yourself for the "national no call list"  
That list has already been hacked once this past year.  

The best way to avoid them and the best way to use a telephone in my opinion, is to shut off all your ringers and pay for caller ID

I don't answer a call if I don't recognize the number.. and anyone who really needs to get ahold of me knows to either IM me or call hang up.. call hang up and call again.

I absolutely refuse to "jump" whenever that damn phone rings.  
Personally I hate phones.  No cell phone for me.

On that note most telemarketers have a rules that dictate they can not hangup before you do.   So answering saying hello and then setting the phone down will leave them frustrated.. because they have to stay on the line till they get their supervisor over to confirm the hangup.
That said there is also another method.

Answer.. once you've established its a sales call so no thanks and hang up.
Its really not that hard to hang up on them and they are all used to it and expect it.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 07:50:42 AM »
"Back when I answered the house phone, I either hung up on them, sat the phone down, or fed them a large helping of BS. "

I still remember the night I called your cell phone and tried to sell you, as a 501C3 company, aluminum siding for your cemetary plot.

You'd think that would have tipped you off, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You were far too busy getting righteously pissed. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Strings

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005, 01:35:48 PM »
Note to self: never give Mike Irwin my phone number... Tongue

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 06:48:10 PM »
I like to answer the phone in a foreign language, preferably one that doesn't exist.  Then, attempt to converse as if the telemarketer were a long lost relative.