Author Topic: Santorum Goes Down: Is That Bad?  (Read 2969 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Santorum Goes Down: Is That Bad?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 02:54:27 AM »
why dont you go ahead and quote where I said the Democrats would do anything positive about gun control?

Quote from: Headless Thompson Gunner
As for gun control, you're free to believe your sweeping repeals stand a better chance with a Democrat congress.

They stand a better chance with a republican party that understands it can loose its power if it doesnt actually do something to make people want them in office.
What else are you implying here, but that Dem's are more likely to repeal gun control measures? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 05:15:18 AM »
c_yeager:

The tobacco companies finally cried "uncle" in the face of lawsuits by state attorneys general with pockets as deep as their taxpayers'.  What makes you think that the firearms industry, which is a fraction the size of the tobacco industry, would somehow hold out where the tobacconists knuckled under?  Also, the only reason the tobacconists got off as easily as they did was because tax revanue gleaned from tobacco sales is HUGE and the state attorneys general did not want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg...just squeeze it a bit, slap it around, extort it, and make sure it knew its place.  The firearms companies have no such ace up their sleeve.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 10:24:39 AM »
why dont you go ahead and quote where I said the Democrats would do anything positive about gun control?

Quote from: Headless Thompson Gunner
As for gun control, you're free to believe your sweeping repeals stand a better chance with a Democrat congress.

They stand a better chance with a republican party that understands it can loose its power if it doesnt actually do something to make people want them in office.
What else are you implying here, but that Dem's are more likely to repeal gun control measures? 

Gee, maybe you could try actually reading what you quoted, it clearly says that our chance lies with the Republican party after it gets a black eye. It doesnt take an English degree to see that it doesnt say a damn thing about the Dems being of any help. It's gonna be hard to argue with you if your reading comprehension is unable to wrap itself around even such a simple concept.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »
Ah, I did misread that.  I'm sorry, you didn't say the Dem's would pass pro-gun legislation.  Everybody's allowed one mistake in their life, right?  That was mine.  Smiley

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife