Author Topic: How do you make a good hamburger?  (Read 10680 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
How do you make a good hamburger?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 07:11:42 AM »
I remember Lum's, but I remember keying on their hotdogs.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 08:56:25 AM »
Drive to the Choo Choo Grille on the corner of Leonard St and Plainfield Ave in Grand Rapids, Mi.  You can't miss the place because if you roll down your car window you can hear the moaning from 2 blocks away.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

chickenfried

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 02:23:18 PM »
Some of the recipes you guys use sound more like meatloaf than hamburger Tongue.  Ground chuck, s&p, and Worcestershire sauce for my hamburgers.  Ohhh yeah and a little cornstarch to hold em together.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 05:14:09 PM »
"a little cornstarch to hold em together."

Damn!

Why not just a bottle of Elmer's white? Wink
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

P95Carry

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 06:22:29 PM »
Why not just a bottle of Elmer's white?
Dang it Mike - you use that too!?? Cheesy
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2005, 12:16:21 PM »
Start with higher fat than the lean ground meat that misinformed, heart conscieous sissies buy. Before making the patties, mix in some McCormick Montreal or Tone's Canadian (same stuff, different names depending on brand) Steak Seasoning with the meat in a bowl, a dash or two of garlic powder and a small handful of dehydrated onions. Stir it in with a fork and let it sit for about 30 minutes or so before cooking. You can also dump a couple ounces of red wine in for good measure. Cook over an open fire.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Snake Eyes

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »
Cheap ground beef
Liptons onion soup mix
Worcestershire sauce
Cotttage cheese (in the mix)

Cook over Mesquite charcoal

Feed the whole mess to the cats

Drive to Durants in central Phoenix, and order yourself a Roquefort Bacon Burger.

I don't care where you live.....it's worth the drive.  And if you have to spend the night, you can go back the next day for the best Delmonico in America.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2005, 03:42:41 PM »
All these suggestions, oy!!

What I have seen, as we get older, and with more disposable income is that we have moved on from the 70/30 ground beef and gone to 85/15 or even leaner. That is where the rub is, you lose the fat, but you lose the flavor also.

What I have been doing recently is replacing some of the fat, I will put 1-2 tablespoons, (I think, actually it is a glob), of butter, yes butter, real butter from cows, in with the meat before mixing. Not that stuff being passed off as spreads or margarine these days. It seems to help with the flavor and keeping the meat moist. Other than that, I am pretty basic. Ground black pepper, butter, a pinch of salt and off to the grill.

Wow, who would have known you could write that much on what to put in a burger. Esp when it is only 3 things!!

bob