Author Topic: I think this is the worst of the Planned Parenthood videos  (Read 25048 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: I think this is the worst of the Planned Parenthood videos
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
Ben, that was one of the worst videos. The two women laughing about working to get the bodies out breech first so as to get to the brain. Laughing about how the little hearts and livers are "so cute".

One thing I've found so far in arguing with liberal friends and relatives about this is that almost all of them say the videos have been edited, but none of them have seen the videos. It's not like the videos are three hours long. They just don't want to have to confront their beliefs.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »
Another video was released, this time leaked after a court injunction.

From the article, what hit me the hardest (though not the most disgusting - see "gift bag")was:

That immediately put into my head images of Nazi concentration camps and how to get rid of backlogged bodies. So many remains that you can't get rid of them fast enough.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/28/banned-abortion-video-leaked-appears-to-show-clinic-owner-advocating-burning/?intcmp=hplnws

I just installed a new garbage disposal in the kitchen.  Not sure if my picked up the regular one of the "fetus rated" model.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
Ben, that was one of the worst videos. The two women laughing about working to get the bodies out breech first so as to get to the brain. Laughing about how the little hearts and livers are "so cute".

My comments about what to do with these Nazi *expletive deleted*s is not fit for this board. I look forward to the day when justice is dispensed

One thing I've found so far in arguing with liberal friends and relatives about this is that almost all of them say the videos have been edited, but none of them have seen the videos. It's not like the videos are three hours long. They just don't want to have to confront their beliefs.

This. None of them have ever watched them but god damn they sure do hold fast to the "Butbutbutbuteditedandoutofcontext!!!!!"

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
They've been "edited" in the sense that they have taken an hour+ of footage and found the 3-5 minute clip that gets to the heart of the issue/crime presented in that video. 

I don't need to watch 1 hour of some guy walking around Wal-mart then shoplifting.  Show me the footage from when he lifts the merchandise to when he walks out the door.

But keep saying it's "edited" without watching both the clips and the full-length video (along with the transcripts).... ;/ ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
And the unedited video is typically also released at same time.  The New York Times stuck with the edited lie for 17 days before admitting that both were released at same time. The full vid just took longer to download

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »
Is the NYT still using dial-up AOL??  I can't imagine it even taking 17 days to download a full PP video even at that slow of speed....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
No they admit the short video took a couple mins. The long one closer to an hour. Both available same time. It took  17 days to admit that their "zomg edited videos!" Headline was a lie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »
Thread necro.

So a Texas grand jury has chosen to indict the videographers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

http://twitchy.com/2016/01/25/disgusting-texas-grand-jury-indicts-activists-who-exposed-planned-parenthoods-fetal-organ-trafficking/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Harris-grand-jury-indicts-pair-behind-Planned-6782865.php

Here is the Houston Chronicle article. 

I guess we will see what they have at trial.  Someone is pulling out all the stops to go after these guys. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
My only surprise is that the GJ was in Houston and not Austin. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2016, 08:54:56 PM »
My only surprise is that the GJ was in Houston and not Austin. 

Houston's been giving Austin a run for its money of late, I've noticed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2016, 08:37:31 AM »
Typical left wing lawfare.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »

Houston's been giving Austin a run for its money of late, I've noticed.
The city center has always been pretty liberal.  It is heading left as fast as it can as more people move out to suburbs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »
Well this part is a bit 1984ish: One of the videographers is being charged with "purchasing human organs".

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-faqs-grand-jury-indicts-filmmakers-who-secretly-recorded-planned-parenthood
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2016, 11:07:11 PM »
http://www.ktrh.com/media/play/26678556/

At the end of Micheal Berry's 1/27 PM show, he interviews the lawyer representing the whistle blowers.  Not much new information I think, but on subject. 

I was surprised that he said that prosecutor was considered conservative.  No information on how this grand jury ended up with this result.  They are also saying use of false ID's is okay if there is no intent to defraud or something like that.  Mentioned it was a form of journalism that was 1st amendment.  I have no idea what the precedent for that is. 

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2016, 12:13:01 AM »
This is just incredible. This would be like having FBI Special Agent Joe Pistone ("Donnie Brasco") indicted for violating the RICCO statutes after his investigation.

Through all this, nothing has happened to the heads of PP. There really are two sets of laws in this country.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2016, 08:26:20 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/28/464594826/in-wake-of-videos-planned-parenthood-investigations-find-no-fetal-tissue-sales?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160128

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/politics/planned-parenthood-activists-indicted/

According to these two citations, it appears as if several states have done investigations and not come up with illegal activity on the part of PP.

How many of those investigations took place in states that are especially friendly to PP, or were headed up by individuals that were friendly to PP?  And how many of those took place in states that ban all transfer of fetal tissue, rather than just regulate it?  In such a case PP may well have not sold (or "donated") any tissues.  Hardly a shock that they'd be in the clear in such a case.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »
^^^From the NPR article, not necessarily a list of just liberal states:

Florida

In July 2015, Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott ordered a state investigation to see whether Planned Parenthood was "selling body parts," Politico Florida reported at the time. On Aug. 5, the agency investigating the clinics released its findings, saying that none of the state's Planned Parenthood sites had been selling tissue or body parts. However, the investigation did find that one clinic out of Florida's 16 wasn't correctly keeping its records of fetal remains. In addition, three were found to have been performing second-trimester abortions while only being licensed to perform abortions in the first trimester, according to Politico. Planned Parenthood disputed this, arguing that the state had changed the rules on how it measured the first trimester, as Reuters reported. Though it briefly looked like the state and Planned Parenthood agreed on the issue, Politico reported, the organization was fined in September 2015.

Georgia

Republican Gov. Nathan Deal on July 16, 2015, asked the state's Departments of Community Health and Public Health to investigate whether Planned Parenthood was engaging in the "horrific practice" that the CMP's videos claimed to depict. On Aug. 13, the Department of Public Health reported that all five of the clinics had "proper procedures in place for burial or internment of [fetal] remains," as NPR member station WABE reported.

Indiana

In July 2015, Republican Gov. Mike Pence asked the state Department of Health to investigate the state's Planned Parenthood clinics, to see whether they were engaging in any sale of fetal tissue, local TV station WTHR reported. Weeks later, the department said it had "concluded there was no evidence of this type of activity" at three Planned Parenthood facilities in the state, as the Indianapolis Star reported.

Kansas

On July 21, 2015, Republican Gov. Sam Brownback asked his state's Board of Healing Arts "to address the issue of sale of tissue and organs from the unborn" at Planned Parenthood facilities, the Topeka Capital-Journal reported. This month, the board said it had "determined no further action would be taken at this time," per the Associated Press.

Massachusetts

On July 17, 2015, Republican state Rep. James Lyons sent a letter to Democratic state Attorney General Maura Healey, asking her to launch an investigation into whether Planned Parenthood was participating in fetal tissue sales like those the CMP video purported to show, as the Boston Herald reported. On July 29, Healey responded in a statement that the state's Planned Parenthood sites were "fully compliant with state and federal laws regarding the disposition of fetal tissue" and were not participating in any fetal tissue donation, though it is legal in that state, as the Boston Globe reported.

Michigan

On July 16, 2015, Republican state Sen. Phil Pavlov asked the state to investigate "to determine whether or not any Michigan-based facilities have participated in the horrifying sale of babies' body parts," MLive reported. In October, the two departments handling the investigations issued a statement, saying that "there is no evidence to date that illegal practices are occurring," MLive reported.

Missouri

On July 21, 2015, Democratic Attorney General Chris Koster started an investigation, saying that "the questions raised by [CMP's] videos require careful review," local TV station KMBC reported. In September, a release from Koster's office said the investigation turned up no "irregularities involving the transmission, examination, or disposal of the fetal organs and tissue" from abortions at the state's one clinic that performed surgical abortions, as the New York Times reported.

Nevada

In September 2015, Nevada Republican Attorney General Adam Laxalt sent a letter to Nevada Planned Parenthood facilities. Mentioning the videos, the letter asked the sites about their abortion procedures and also asked if they donate fetal tissue, as the AP reported. In December 2015, his office closed the investigation, saying that the facilities weren't performing surgical abortions and that there also wasn't evidence of tissue donation, according to the AP.

Ohio

In mid-July 2015, Ohio Republican Attorney General Mike DeWine announced that he was launching an investigation into whether any Planned Parenthood clinics in the state were selling fetal parts, according to Cleveland.com. In December, the state released the investigation, revealing that there was no evidence of any such sales. However, investigators did find that fetal remains were disposed of via incinerators or landfills, which, while not illegal, DeWine claimed "violate[d] Ohio administrative code," as Cleveland.com reported. (An Ohio Planned Parenthood official disputed his claim.)

Pennsylvania

In July, two Republican state legislators asked the state attorney general to investigate whether Planned Parenthood in Pennsylvania was selling fetal tissue, Philly.com reported. In August, state Health Secretary Karen Murphy responded in a letter that there was no evidence that any Pennsylvania facilities were buying, selling or donating fetal tissue, as The Hill reports.

South Dakota

In July 2015, Republican state Attorney General Marty Jackley instructed the state Health Department to investigate whether fetal tissue sales were occurring at Planned Parenthood, the AP reported. On Aug. 11, 2015, Jackley told the Associated Press that "there are no reports, complaints or inspection records that would demonstrate any evidence (of) illegal activity in South Dakota at this time."

Washington

In late July 2015, 34 Republican lawmakers wrote a letter asking Democratic Attorney General Bob Ferguson to investigate whether the state's Planned Parenthood clinics were selling fetal parts, the Seattle Times reported. In November, Ferguson reported that the state had found no evidence that the state's affiliates were selling fetal tissue. Washington is home to one of only two clinics (the other being in California) that Planned Parenthood says currently donate any fetal tissue to researchers.

In addition, eight states (California, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Virginia) decided not to pursue investigations into the videos' allegations.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2016, 10:08:37 AM »
So all their paperwork was in order and/or they were complying with the legal loopholes allowed.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2016, 10:25:10 AM »
So all their paperwork was in order and/or they were complying with the legal loopholes allowed.

That. Dr. Mengele also worked within the bounds of the laws of his country. But hey, the end justifies the means, right?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »
Planned Parenthood's whole business model is to murder small children, and stay mum about the guys getting their step-daughters in trouble. No surprise they can sell the body parts and get away with it.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »
they were complying with the legal loopholes allowed.

Is that like the people complying with AWB "using the loopholes to skirt the law"?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »
Is that like the people complying with AWB "using the loopholes to skirt the law"?

Well, yes, but the AWB loophole-skirting did not result in several hundred thousand humans dying when done so successfully.

So other than that, just about the same.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton