Author Topic: Skinheads at work  (Read 9100 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Skinheads at work
« on: November 09, 2006, 05:44:10 AM »
Two guys just showed up to do a flooring job at my place of employment.  On their van, one bumper sticker reads, "No war for Israel."  The other bumper sticker says, "Ich Kampfe," I believe.  I'm wondering if they might be white supremacists.  Can anyone translate? 

Should I sick some old Jewish ladies on 'em?  Got a lot of those around here.   cool
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Re: Skinheads at work
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 05:49:41 AM »
What difference does it make as long as they do a good job?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:53:58 AM »
Just walk up to them and ask them what it all means.  Can't be that hard to muster up the courage.  If they offend you, handle them yourselves.  Don't let 'little old Jewish ladies' get all the glory. cool

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 06:48:29 AM »
Do they have hair?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:05:56 AM »
Per Babelfish, Ich Kampfe = I Fight.  Which sounds about right, given my VERY limited knowledge of German.

If the topic of politics does not come up and they cause no trouble with your follow employees, whats the issue?  It it any worse than having the floor done by people with "Viva La Raza" bumper stickers on their van?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:11:02 AM »
Well, I do not wish we fight any wars for the benefit of a foreign country either, and yet I have (most of) my hair. And it would never occur to me to call a White Power hotline when I see the jews in my area go to their Chabbad in their saturday-best uniforms including funnyhats pinned to their hair.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 07:15:44 AM »
Thanks for your comments.

Fly320s, I didn't notice the bumper stickers until after I let them into the vacant apartment they were to work in.  When one of them came down later, I noticed that his hair was extremely short, just short of being shaved.  They are young, skinny white dudes, and I think they are both blond, like myself.  For what it's worth, I am a blue-haired, blond-eyed,  laugh short-haired, light-skinned fellow myself, but my hair is not THAT short.

Mannlicher, I could ask them, but I think it will be best not to stir up anything. 

ilbob, I'm letting them work, and I expect they will just do their jobs and leave.  They are working in an empty apartment where they shouldn't have much contact with residents.  However, this is a Jewish part of town (and I suspect they know that), and more than half of my residents are Jewish or Black.  It's bad enough they have these bumper stickers that make me suspicious. 

Thanks, Sindawe.  La Raza would be less of a problem, just because they don't have such a bad public image.  And because I have so many Jews living here.  I have plenty of Hispanic workers doing jobs out here, but haven't seen any La Raza stickers yet.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 07:18:02 AM »
If they are into that white power garbage then the proper term is "bonehead".

Traditional skinheads don't go in for that crap.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 07:24:30 AM »
Maybe.

meinbruder

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:32:39 AM »
Two guys just showed up to do a flooring job at my place of employment.  On their van, one bumper sticker reads, "No war for Israel."  The other bumper sticker says, "Ich Kampfe," I believe.  I'm wondering if they might be white supremacists.  Can anyone translate? 

Should I sick some old Jewish ladies on 'em?  Got a lot of those around here.   cool

Kampfe translates as fights, battles or struggles; Ich is I.  It looks like the statement I struggle, but the vowel is plural so the exact meaning is open to interpretation as a slogan.  Hitlers book, Mein Kampf, is generally translated as My Struggle; it looks to me like you have something more than just a skinhead on the premises.  If you send in a little old Jewish lady, make sure shes from Mossad. Wink
Mike
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 07:42:11 AM »
There should be a verb "kampfen" for "to struggle" and ich (no capital i) kampfe would mean, yes, "I struggle."  It has obvious political and historical overtones, none of them good.
I wouldn't antagonize the boneheads.  I wouldn't hire them for a job either.  Or at least unless I could stick a Black foreman over them  grin
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
These are guys working for our flooring company, or, more likely, working for a company that works for our flooring company.  I will probably ask that they not be sent out for the next job. 

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 08:13:33 AM »
Now they'll get cred with their buddies for 'teh joos keeping them down.'

grin

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 09:10:01 AM »
On the teevee they call any white-power dork that comes along a skinhead, even ones with hair down to their butts who wouldn't know Laurel Aitken from Lynyrd Skynyrd, so it's not suprising that it's become such an innacurate, loaded term.

Kind of like 'republican' or 'gun owner'  grin

SomeKid

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 12:08:19 PM »
I will probably ask that they not be sent out for the next job.

What if they do a good job? Set the politics aside, a good worker is a good worker, even if an idiot.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »
Somekid, I said earlier that half my residents are Jewish or Black, mostly older folks.  This is their home.  Do you really think it's a good idea to have a van with White Supremacist bumper stickers in front of the building, or to have these guys working here?  Ever worked in customer service? 

Chuck Dye

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »
Send your favorite search engine after "ich kampfe bumpersticker."  The top link provided by google is www dot resistance dot com, one I am not about to click on.  shocked

ooops, edit to add:  throw in bumper sticker, as well.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »
Ich Kampfe was also the name of the official Nazi party handbook and was used heavily in recruiting new members.

Also, as an aside, one time a few friends and I were heading out of a bar pretty late one night and saw four skins walking through the parking lot.  And when I say skins, it couldn't have been more obvious who they were or at least who they were trying to look like--for all I know they decided to buy the Little Nazi halloween costume and wear it around in September.  They had the shaved heads, the weird black jacket every skinhead you've ever seen on TV wears, and the tight black jeans and boots to match.

This being Southern Connecticut and all, I had to take a minute and pretend to smoke a cigarette so I could watch and see what kind of car they got into.  I've never met any skinheads, so I had to find out what they drive--would it be an import?  An american?  Would there be a confederate flag involved somewhere?  Maybe a support your troops ribbon?

Well, just take a second and think about what the most stereotypical car they could possibly get in would be.  Remember--these guys are wearing the complete uniform and obviously very concerned that they look like skins.

Give up?

A WHITE VOLKSWAGEN. grin  No bumper stickers, though.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »
the weird black jacket every skinhead you've ever seen on TV

MA-1 flight jacket?

I hope it was a VW Thing Cheesy

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 12:43:44 PM »
These are guys working for our flooring company, or, more likely, working for a company that works for our flooring company.  I will probably ask that they not be sent out for the next job.

It seems bigotry comes in many forms and flavors.

You are making judgements based on bumper stickers - maybe valid maybe not but still only judgements.

If you want to hate them do so for good reason - find out from them if the bumper stickers and your interpretation of same are in fact what you imagine. Then your hate will be based on fact not presumption.

Besides - what ever their politics is is really none of your business as long as they do a good job. Recommending that they not be hired because of their politics is no better than if you didn't like them because they were jews, gay, black or OH MY GOD the HORROR of it ALL - GUN OWNERS  - no different at all.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 12:45:52 PM »
If I worked in a meat-packing plant and some new contractors drove up in a car with PETA stickers I'd be pretty suspicious.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
These are guys working for our flooring company, or, more likely, working for a company that works for our flooring company.  I will probably ask that they not be sent out for the next job.

You are making judgements based on bumper stickers - maybe valid maybe not but still only judgements.

If you want to hate them do so for good reason - find out from them if the bumper stickers and your interpretation of same are in fact what you imagine. Then your hate will be based on fact not presumption.

Besides - what ever their politics is is really none of your business as long as they do a good job. Recommending that they not be hired because of their politics is no better than if you didn't like them because they were jews, gay, black or OH MY GOD the HORROR of it ALL - GUN OWNERS  - no different at all.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »

Recognizing a person's self-identification is not bigotry. If someone walks up to you and says "hey, I am a skinhead" you arent a bigot by thinking that they are a skinhead. CLEARLY these gentlemen do not mind the association, as they are deliberatly promoting it.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »
Recommending that they not be hired because of their politics is no better than if you didn't like them because they were jews, gay, black or OH MY GOD the HORROR of it ALL - GUN OWNERS  - no different at all.

Nazi boneheads made a concious choice to be malicious, dangerous imbeciles. Not wanting to hire someone who is obviously hostile, immature, and has poor judgement & impulse control is not remotely like discriminating against someone because of their race, religion, or even gun ownership.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »
Recommending that they not be hired because of their politics is no better than if you didn't like them because they were jews, gay, black or OH MY GOD the HORROR of it ALL - GUN OWNERS  - no different at all

The skinheads themselves would happily support legislation that allowed this sort of preferencial hiring. Frankly, so would I as I dont see why anyone should be forced to employ people they dont want to for whatever reason they see fit.