Author Topic: Obama Commutes Manning's sentence/Manning to go free  (Read 14078 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Obama Commutes Manning's sentence/Manning to go free
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2017, 02:04:54 AM »
Probably down at Ft. Sam Houston, in the same unit with Bergdahl....

What'd that CO do to deserve such animosity from you??

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »
I think the man is crazy and a traitor, but even I think that mutilation is a punishment beyond the pale.

I'm pretty sure you're being snarky, but he was referring to Manning's elective surgery...
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2017, 10:22:36 PM »
What'd that CO do to deserve such animosity from you??

Not me but he must have really screwed the pooch* to deserve those two.  I'm sure he's the Charles Atlas of his Senior Rater's Profile.

(At one point in time Baumholder had two Field Artillery Captains as OIC's of the Golf Course.  While in command of two separate Batteries they sent rounds out of safety.  One Battery damn near killed a group of Friendlies on the 100M long Range 4 and the other Battery decided to blast a German farmer's field off post.   Whoops...)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:56 PM »
Not me but he must have really screwed the pooch* to deserve those two.  I'm sure he's the Charles Atlas of his Senior Rater's Profile.

(At one point in time Baumholder had two Field Artillery Captains as OIC's of the Golf Course.  While in command of two separate Batteries they sent rounds out of safety.  One Battery damn near killed a group of Friendlies on the 100M long Range 4 and the other Battery decided to blast a German farmer's field off post.   Whoops...)

That's bad but not nearly as bad as the Marine 1st LT who decided to do a fire mission on a small herd of elk crossing the range @ Ft Sill with their 155mm cannon. I worked with the OIC's wife at a local hospital at the time. That poor 1st Lt didn't even have time to stop at the golf course on his way out the door. ;)

bob

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/17/chelsea-manning-freed-from-kansas-military-prison.html

Well the special little snowflake is now a "free" it.  The US Army released it at 2 am this morning.

An Army spokeswoman, Lt. Col. Jennifer Johnson, said Manning will be on "excess leave" while her court-martial conviction is under appellate review.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BobR

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
An Army spokeswoman, Lt. Col. Jennifer Johnson, said Manning will be on "excess leave" while her court-martial conviction is under appellate review.

Something is rotten in Denmark, as though we didn't already know that. The last time I checked you could only carry over 60 days of leave in the military. So does this mean he has to report for duty somewhere after 60 days and why would he accrue leave while in custody? I would figure in prison he forfeited all pay, allowances and privileges including leave accrual. If, and that is a big if, he wins his appeal then he *may* get some of that leave back but I would only give him up to 60 days.

bob

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »

Something is rotten in Denmark, as though we didn't already know that. The last time I checked you could only carry over 60 days of leave in the military. So does this mean he has to report for duty somewhere after 60 days and why would he accrue leave while in custody? I would figure in prison he forfeited all pay, allowances and privileges including leave accrual. If, and that is a big if, he wins his appeal then he *may* get some of that leave back but I would only give him up to 60 days.

bob

Interesting choice of words since like you said, shouldn't have any leave unless it was from before the shitbird was confined.  But then again IMHO that should've been forfeited upon conviction.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »
Excess Leave is granted by the commander when they don't want the service member to show up, but they haven't figured out how, or if, they will successfully kick them out.  It's uncharged leave.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Excess Leave is granted by the commander when they don't want the service member to show up, but they haven't figured out how, or if, they will successfully kick them out.  It's uncharged leave.

Well I do believe a conviction and dishonorable discharge has already done that.  The appeal process should've already ran its course so you wouldn't have to give shitbirds like this anything else.

I guess now the only hope for justice is that the snowflake winds up with buyer's remorse after having its manhood removed.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
Well I do believe a conviction and dishonorable discharge has already done that.  The appeal process should've already ran its course so you wouldn't have to give shitbirds like this anything else.

I guess now the only hope for justice is that the snowflake winds up with buyer's remorse after having its manhood removed.

I don't believe he's been discharged yet.  He would have still been enlisted for the whole confinement and the Army's not going to do anything until the appeal is finalized.  So he's still an Active Duty soldier.  Hence the leave.

How long, do you suppose, before he runs afoul of the UCMJ again?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I don't believe he's been discharged yet.  He would have still been enlisted for the whole confinement and the Army's not going to do anything until the appeal is finalized.  So he's still an Active Duty soldier.  Hence the leave.

How long, do you suppose, before he runs afoul of the UCMJ again?

IT will probably have their own private handler just as Bergdahl does.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
The Army said that while Manning is being assigned to Oklahoma's Fort Sill, she doesn't need to report for duty there, meaning she has discretion about where she lives.

Too bad, I thought we had a couple of people here from that area, they could help him get settled and such.

bob

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »
Too bad, I thought we had a couple of people here from that area, they could help him get settled and such.

bob

That would make sense to assign it their, being the closest active duty Army base to its home of record.  If on "leave" as long as the Army has a way to reach a Soldier and they don't plan on going to restricted countries, they aren't obligated to stay on the assigned base.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
Hmmm ...

"Because of the nature of her circumstances and the experience of confinement, she is very committed to living her life as free from the government as possible and taking care of her own health benefits and financial needs, separate and apart from the continued benefits available to her," attorney Chase Strangio said.

Considering that IT is basically unfit for anything and essentially unemployable, I would like to know how she IT is going to take care of her ITs own health benefits and financial needs. Unless ITs parents are independently wealthy, I suspect this means that IT will just mooch off the liberal bed-wetters rather than mooching off the government.

Which is fine by me. They basically created IT, so they should support IT.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 09:58:31 AM »
Considering that IT is basically unfit for anything and essentially unemployable,

Ah, so a life coach.  Probably even write a book about life coaching.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »
Hmmm ...

Considering that IT is basically unfit for anything and essentially unemployable, I would like to know how she IT is going to take care of her ITs own health benefits and financial needs. Unless ITs parents are independently wealthy, I suspect this means that IT will just mooch off the liberal bed-wetters rather than mooching off the government.

Which is fine by me. They basically created IT, so they should support IT.

You really seem to dislike Information Technology...    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:08 PM »
Funker530 weighs in:

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2017, 08:12:36 AM »
Funker530 weighs in:

Dude why would you disgrace the uniform like that?

I know you are an officer and don't know any better but still. :-*

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:53 AM »
Funker530 weighs in:

Unfortunately, I clicked on the Twitchy link with Manning's actual photo. That was shudder-inducing. (Even more than this one, if possible!)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:19 AM »
Unfortunately, I clicked on the Twitchy link with Manning's actual photo. That was shudder-inducing. (Even more than this one, if possible!)

I did the same, started looking for eye bleach.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
Dude why would you disgrace the uniform like that?

I know you are an officer and don't know any better but still. :-*

At least I didn't post that more recent pic of Manning.  You want to talk about disgracing the uniform.....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2017, 10:41:14 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/15/chelsea-manning-to-remain-in-army-receive-health-care-benefits-after-prison-release.html

So this special little snowflake is getting out of the DB this week but is going to remain on active duty, w/ no pay but w/ health benefits.  Most likely going to have its manhood removed.

Be curious as to where it will be stationed and what duties it will be expected to carry out while waiting to be officially released.  I would say cutting grass with a pair of scissors, one blade at a time would be nice, or painting rocks.

I see some "wall to wall " Counseling in he's future, if he hangs out around a military post.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »
I see some "wall to wall " Counseling in he's future, if he hangs out around a military post.

Yep.

I'd love to see that thing hazed out of the service.  All past wrongs aside,  why the hell did they let him back in?  They didn't do the freak any favors,  and it's a disgrace to the uniform.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2017, 11:19:35 PM »

It warms my cold black heart to see the use of that term is still around. Depending on which command I was at it could have also been "counseling in the conex" or "fan room counseling". :) ;)

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 11:51:23 PM »
I'd love to see that thing hazed out of the service.  All past wrongs aside,  why the hell did they let him back in?  They didn't do the freak any favors,  and it's a disgrace to the uniform.

What do you mean, "let him back in"? He(she/it) was never out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design