Author Topic: Boehner Resigns?  (Read 5730 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Boehner Resigns?
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »
In the spirit of dumb and dumber, the "likeliest choice" to replace Boehner said this stupid thing:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/30/dems-accuse-gop-leader-mccarthy-admitting-benghazi-panel-is-political/?intcmp=hpbt2

If he can't even control the simplest of messages, that the committee is about getting to the bottom of the deaths of Americans, he needs to go away now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
Well, McCarthy is out:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/08/mccarthy-withdraws/?intcmp=hpbt1

All kinds of rumors abound as for the reason.

I'll accept his statement that he realized he was not the one who could unite the party and think better of him for stepping aside.

Boehner, of course, immediately adjourned the meeting rather than allowing the Republicans to discuss this and decide on a course of action before he could choose who he wants instead to replace him. Gee, I wonder why people have such a problem with him?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 04:30:53 PM »
Long shot... but I'd LOVE to see Amash as Speaker. Apparently Gowdy wants nothing to do with the job.

If you recall, Amash is the Syrian Christian from Michigan who stayed up all night to be sure the GOP RINO's didn't pull shenanigans with the Patriot Act and he's a real stickler for all the House rules and the Constitution, giving time to read bills, explaining every vote he takes and why he voted the way he did or didn't on his Facebook page.
I promise not to duck.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
I'm getting the feeling Vaseline may be a solid investment choice

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
I'm starting to wonder what the GOP brass will not do to tick off the Tea Party faction. I'm also wondering just how many dyed-in-the-wool Republicans they'll manage to detach from their brand, due to this fiasco. Probably not enough.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 11:06:36 PM »
I'm starting to wonder what the GOP brass will not do to tick off the Tea Party faction. I'm also wondering just how many dyed-in-the-wool Republicans they'll manage to detach from their brand, due to this fiasco. Probably not enough.
Boehner has become a caricature of the republican party.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama