Author Topic: Kurt Russell's take on gun control  (Read 1082 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Kurt Russell's take on gun control
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
He assumes the high ground.

He gives no quarter.

He questions the interviewers presuppositions and demonstrates the ludicrous logical conclusion of the interviewers position.

Bravo!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking that is wasn't necessarily well spoken, but probably said pretty good for a different audience who doesn't normally pay attention to gun rights debates. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »
I also liked that he gave no quarter, and consistently called "bull" on the interviewer. I thought Russell was somewhat right (or very right by Hollywood standards), but apparently he's pretty strongly libertarian.

I didn't have any problems regarding him being well-spoken or not - it seemed like a very informal interview, akin to sitting around having a beer or two, so I think he matched his demeanor to the environment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."