Author Topic: On that "Using children in political ads"  (Read 1608 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
On that "Using children in political ads"
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »
It seems the Washington Post thinks children are fair game if they show up anywhere in a (conservative) politician's campaign:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/12/22/ted-cruz-strikes-back-at-washington-post-cartoonist-for-mocking-his-daughters-theyre-out-of-your-league/

Oh, right, they pulled it after a backlash because the editor "didn't see it" before publication.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: On that "Using children in political ads"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
The media and entertainers have gone after Palin's kids, they've gone after GW's kids, they've gone after Cruz's kids now, and there's been many more conservatives/Republicans whose kids have been in their crosshairs. Why has no one gone after Obama's kids? I'm sure at least one of them is toking away just like good ol' Dad.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »
The media and entertainers have gone after Palin's kids . . .
David Letterman went after Palin's daughter many times - which is why I regard him as a real lowlife, classless scumbag.

Politicians themselves are fair game - conservative and liberal, GOP or Democrat. But going after their minor children is beyond the bounds of decency.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:35:36 AM »
Can she name a politician who has never had photos/video of their family on a campaign ad?  If this is one, they would be an exception.  The quotes at the end are just the cartoonist trying to justify her actions. 

Imagine the controversy is Obama's daughters were portrayed as little monkeys in a cartoon. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
The media and entertainers have gone after Palin's kids, they've gone after GW's kids, they've gone after Cruz's kids now, and there's been many more conservatives/Republicans whose kids have been in their crosshairs. Why has no one gone after Obama's kids? I'm sure at least one of them is toking away just like good ol' Dad.

Because I'd like to think we're better than that.   Until they willingly make themselves part of their parents' nefarious schemes, they're just kids.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:07 PM »
It's quite simple:  to most of the media, conservatives are not people.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/23/why-that-now-retracted-washington-post-cartoon-is-a-gift-to-ted-cruz/

Now the Post is trying to claim that this is just a plot by Ted Cruz to prove that the media treats conservatives differently than liberals.

(Gee, I don't remember the post with editorial cartoons of President Obama's daughters...)

And I love the "othering"* the liberals do in the comments.
Has the Geisel family weighed in on this? Cruz using Dr. Seuss' work to lambast Dems while Dr. Seuss actually cares about people and Cruz doesn't, is the most hideous part. The children were not attacked, Cruz was. I support the cartoonist!

The ONLY reason to oppose them is you don't care about people.

*(I'm amused that liberals coined that phrase given that they do it more than anyone else)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:09:59 PM »
Crap like that is why I no longer feel a need to be polite to liberal idiots when they start in on their full retard attacks on anything they don't like.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams