Author Topic: #Iwillprotectyou  (Read 4849 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
#Iwillprotectyou
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: #Iwillprotectyou
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:09:21 PM »
So instead of reassuring the girl that she's one of us, and that America doesn't deport citizens because of their faith, people are just reinforcing the lies she's been told. The lie that Donald Trump (not my favorite person) is some kind of monster, that will deport her. They're telling her that they're getting ready to "fight the bad guys." In other words, they're telling a frightened girl that they're going to start a war over immigration policy. This is supposed to be a good thing?   ;/

Get your eyes checked, Mill.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »
Interesting how so many of your former military colleagues seem to disagree with you, Fistful.  I wonder who the outlier is.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »
hate to say it, millcreek, but fistful has a point.

the message should be that the child has nothing to fear because there is nothing for her to fear. Instead, they are telling her that she needs protection, so obviously, there is something she should fear if she needs to be protected from it.  =|

as far as the military persons involved in this... you don't think they aren't immune from teh stupidz? because I can probably still find a few of those "Veterans for Obama" stickers driving around.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »
The intricacies of fear politics and immigration vs. residency vs. citizenship might be lost on an 8 year old.

A bunch of folks whose job it is to be scary telling her she is safe is pretty clear. 

Not everything on Twitter needs to have social nuance. (I can't believe I had to write that.)

Mayhap if the adults in her life weren't saying that Trump "wants to kick out all Muslims" we could avoid all of this.  It's not like she stayed up late to watch the debates.  As usual A huge majority of our fellow voters are being played, and are playing the fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »
The intricacies of fear politics and immigration vs. residency vs. citizenship might be lost on an 8 year old.

A bunch of folks whose job it is to be scary telling her she is safe is pretty clear. 

Not everything on Twitter needs to have social nuance. (I can't believe I had to write that.)

Mayhap if the adults in her life weren't saying that Trump "wants to kick out all Muslims" we could avoid all of this.  It's not like she stayed up late to watch the debates.  As usual A huge majority of our fellow voters are being played, and are playing the fools.

OK, sure, but some of them are going about it much the wrong way. I mean, she also doesn't understand things like "I will defend the Constitution." Instead of "I will protect you from the bad guys," they could just as easily explain "No one's going to hurt you. It's all lies."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:46:15 PM »
Interesting how so many of your former military colleagues seem to disagree with you, Fistful.  I wonder who the outlier is.

:rofl:  Like I care.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »

I would bet even money that it's not the adults in her life as much as it's a classmates parent and the classmate is a bully. It just sounds like one of those things a kid comes home from school with.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

OK, sure, but some of them are going about it much the wrong way. I mean, she also doesn't understand things like "I will defend the Constitution." Instead of "I will protect you from the bad guys," they could just as easily explain "No one's going to hurt you. It's all lies."

Well, it is clear that you have never had children.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »
GOP front runner Donald Trump has been escalating his racism and anti-Muslim sentiment, and it's definitely not making America great again.

First sentence is a bunch of bullshit.

That's where I stop reading.

I'm not even a Trump fan but I will not align myself with his enemies nor support their narrative to bring him down.

It appears (if he is to be believed) Trump is closer to an ally than the Republican establishment let alone the Dems (spits).

edited to add: I am 100% opposed to any immigration from Muslim ruled countries unless it can be categorically be proven the immigrant was Christian or another persecuted minority. Also I might be convinced to support immigration of Muslims from secular democracies if it could be shown that there was actually vetting taking place. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:15:30 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »
A little googling shows that The Donald said no such thing.  He talked about not allowing muslim immigrants in until we get a handle on things.  He talked about maintaining a database of people here on visas and immigrants (which makes me wonder why we are not doing that now.)

He has never said anything about deporting all muslims or American citizens.  However, since the leftist media enjoys putting words in people's mouths we get the above.

Even hyper liberal wonkette castigates her fellow lefties in the media over it:
http://wonkette.com/596204/correction-donald-trump-did-not-threaten-to-deport-all-muslims-to-the-moon
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:19 PM »
It's the typical meme based stupid that passes for fact these days.

Why think when you can FEEL!?

And posse comitatus be damned, it seems.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 10:44:14 PM »
Well, it is clear that you have never had children.

Oh, explain that one to me, guru. When someone tells blatant lies to a very young child, giving her a very real fear of being dragged out of her home by soldiers, you're supposed to respond by confirming that it could happen, but some people on the internet said some reassuring words? You shouldn't instead tell her it's a pack of lies, and will never happen (which is also the truth)?  Really?

Well, I give up. I better never have kids, if I can't be a rocket scientist like yourself.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »
I would bet even money that it's not the adults in her life as much as it's a classmates parent and the classmate is a bully. It just sounds like one of those things a kid comes home from school with.
Seems more to me like publicity seeking parents using their daughter's fear (real or fictional) to push their own political agenda.  Cases like that tend to make me look to the parents as the genesis of the kid's concerns.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
Seems more to me like publicity seeking parents using their daughter's fear (real or fictional) to push their own political agenda.  Cases like that tend to make me look to the parents as the genesis of the kid's concerns.

Sorta like Clock Bomb Boy?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
http://www.someecards.com/news/so-that-happened/donald-trump-muslim-girl-army-vets-respond-i-will-protect-you/

It must be the cat fur in my eyes that is making the monitor blurry.

Is it a muslim cat?  Because Trump sez he's gonna deport it to Vietnam to "live on a farm." 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »

Ya think?

I wonder if she even has a daughter. (Well, OK, not really. But still. The mendacity of the Left is bottomless.)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 12:48:26 AM »

This, in spades.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 01:01:51 AM »
A little googling shows that The Donald said no such thing.  He talked about not allowing muslim immigrants in until we get a handle on things.  He talked about maintaining a database of people here on visas and immigrants (which makes me wonder why we are not doing that now.)

He has never said anything about deporting all muslims or American citizens.  However, since the leftist media enjoys putting words in people's mouths we get the above.

Even hyper liberal wonkette castigates her fellow lefties in the media over it:
http://wonkette.com/596204/correction-donald-trump-did-not-threaten-to-deport-all-muslims-to-the-moon

It goes back to the 'Palin can see russia from her porch' lie that liberals falsely attributed to her.  Their M.O. since has been to shotgun lies about conservatives so that conservatives have to waste their time and money debunking them.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 01:04:33 AM »
It goes back to the 'Palin can see russia from her porch' lie that liberals falsely attributed to her.  Their M.O. since has been to shotgun lies about conservatives so that conservatives have to waste their time and money debunking them.

Since?  =|

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 08:42:45 AM »
http://gawker.com/ted-cruz-would-never-exploit-his-kids-says-ted-cruz-as-1749389168

It is a good thing that conservatives would never exploit children for political purposes.  I also saw his commercial during 'SNL' using his children and received the email blast asking for the $ 1 million.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »
http://gawker.com/ted-cruz-would-never-exploit-his-kids-says-ted-cruz-as-1749389168

It is a good thing that conservatives would never exploit children for political purposes.  I also saw his commercial during 'SNL' using his children and received the email blast asking for the $ 1 million.

Ah, tu quoque.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
I keep reiterating this daily it seems.  Our nation can survive corrupt politicians.  I have some trepidation whether we can survive the corrupt politicians when the MSM is in the corrupt politician's pocket staffed by useful idiots and out and out liars.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 09:33:20 AM »

Who said conservatives never exploit children for political purposes?  Oh, that's right, nobody.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
Who said conservatives never exploit children for political purposes?  Oh, that's right, nobody.

It makes for a great strawman attack though...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama