Author Topic: $15/hr "living wage" - paramedics vs. fast food workers  (Read 15273 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: $15/hr "living wage" - paramedics vs. fast food workers
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
I'll allow $15 an hour...if I get to personally drag the stupid mother *expletive deleted*er who can't manage to put the meat on the burger (much less get the rest of the order right) out back and shoot him on the spot to be replaced by someone who can do the job right.

For $15 an hour the goddamn burger better look like it does on the commercial or the spatula jockey gets it!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 12:50:25 AM »
I'm polite to waitstaff, just as I am polite (not to mention downright friendly) with anybody who asks me what I would like to eat and drink, and then brings me that exact thing. Those people are some of my favorite people in the world.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »
I use the Swayze Method.....be nice....until it's time to not be nice.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
The main consequence of raising fast food wages will be mechanization.

Some fast food places already are replacing order takers with iPads. There is absolutely no reason to not have a fully automated McDonalds with maybe one staffer to clear jams.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein