Author Topic: And he's out...  (Read 3981 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
And he's out...
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »
Bush is officially suspending.

Also looks like Trump is solidly taking SC. Cruz and Rubio still a toss up for second and a solid third place.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: And he's out...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:50:17 PM »
Heard Carson was going to stick out a bit longer.  Don't know why, other than he thinks he'll sell a few more books, or some other purely vanity purpose.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
At this point if your name isn't Trump, Cruz, or Rubio just pack it in already.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »
About time!!
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 08:58:58 PM »
Bush is officially suspending.

Also looks like Trump is solidly taking SC. Cruz and Rubio still a toss up for second and a solid third place.

Thank God...

And keep in mind, we're not even 1/4 of the way through the primaries yet. And Rubio/Cruz's numbers combined have always trounced Trump. And as Jeb! drops out, Kaisch and the others should soon as well, none of their followers are going to go with Trump. The 30-ish% Trump consistently pulls is about as high as he gets, and it matches his approval ratings among likely GOP voters about that much too.

Trump's achilles heel is that he's almost no one's second choice as people drop out. He can win as long as that 30-ish% is enough to win, but once people shift around, he's going to drop.

A brokered convention is not ideal, but even if the three of them all go 1-2-3 in some combination through all 50 states, whoever was most consistently #2 other than Trump, assuming neither Rubio nor Cruz starts pulling ahead decisively, giving the other all the delegates and still not nominating Trump.

There is the issue of Trump going rogue and independent, which would sink the GOP candidate, sure, but I don't know how much he's willing to spend his money out of spite, knowing he won't win, assuming the conspiracy theories that "he's Hillary's secret spoiler" are just that, conspiracy theories.

Note too that the DNC primary/caucus attendance has up to a 30% "enthusiasm gap" as compared to the GOP race too.

And whoever wins the nomination, it's Hobson's choice for the DNC. Bernie is IMO unelectable, I don't care what the polling says now about various Bernie Vs. XYZ matchups. His optics and delivery sucks, even as compared to Trump's. Take away all the starry-eyed kids blathering about "free college", he's just a wild haired doddering old commie.  Hillary gets the nomination through the chicanery and superdelegates, all the energy there is in the DNC base was with Bernie and all the energetic kids check out, take their ball and go home. And Hillary is unlikeable enough that the MSM won't give up completely on the email scandal. And the "new PC" social-justice-warrior climate, combined with Bill's sexual predator history... that is going to dog her all the way too.

I'm not going to "freak out" until May or so.

p.s. None of that Jeb-money is going to Trump either, so look to Cruz or Rubio's war-chest getting some significant deposits soon.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 09:05:51 PM »
Hillary gets the nomination through the chicanery and superdelegates, all the energy there is in the DNC base was with Bernie and all the energetic kids check out, take their ball and go home. And

I saw that she has an outrageous amount of superdelegates compared to Sanders, even though the vote counts have all been close in all states so far.

I don't totally understand superdelegates other than they seem to tow the establishment line for both parties. It'll be interesting to see how the superdelegate numbers change on the R side with Jeb out. I'm still assuming the establishment is going Rubio.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »
Please clap.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 09:14:11 PM »
Also, apparently not only did Clinton win by coin tosses in Iowa, in Nevada, she's winning precincts by drawing the highest card. Primaries are a joke.

http://twitchy.com/2016/02/20/tight-democratic-race-in-nevada-uses-deck-of-cards-to-break-tie/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »
Seems appropriate for Nevada.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Jeb was the wrong man, running the wrong race, in the wrong year.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 09:52:35 PM »
Rubio is going to try to consolidate the establishment voters.

I will not vote for Rubio. I'll vote for Sanders first because he's honest about his aims and I'm not going to reward the establishment for trying to stab the base in the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »
Best news since Scalia died.  Anyone with the last name Bush needed to go away. 

I'm voting dem this year in the primaries,  the county I'm in is solidly dem, so it's the only way to have a say locally.  I'll be pulling the lever for Sanders just to spite Clinton.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 10:53:53 PM »
All four of íJeb!'s voters will go to Rubio, who is a younger, better coiffed version of íJeb!. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 11:54:58 PM »
Please clap.

I see and clap for what you did there.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 02:44:43 AM »
Cute redirect:

www.jebbush.com
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 03:19:00 AM »
I saw that she has an outrageous amount of superdelegates compared to Sanders, even though the vote counts have all been close in all states so far.

I don't totally understand superdelegates other than they seem to tow the establishment line for both parties. It'll be interesting to see how the superdelegate numbers change on the R side with Jeb out. I'm still assuming the establishment is going Rubio.

The Republican superdelegate process works much differently than the Democrat version.  Republican SDs have far less of an effect on the outcome of the primaries as they must vote the way the states they represent voted.  Unlike the Democrat SDs, they are not free to vote for whomever they wish.  Plus, the Republicans have far fewer superdelegates than the Democrat party.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »

Ben, somebody posted this on the book of face.  I found it most helpful in explaining the superdelegates.
http://www.chicksontheright.com/if-youre-wondering-how-rigged-this-election-is-on-the-democrat-side-read-this/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »
Ben, somebody posted this on the book of face.  I found it most helpful in explaining the superdelegates.
http://www.chicksontheright.com/if-youre-wondering-how-rigged-this-election-is-on-the-democrat-side-read-this/

Thanks Andy!

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens with Democrat voters if Sanders wins the most states, but Clinton still gets the nod.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »
I don't totally understand superdelegates other than they seem to tow the establishment line for both parties.
Superdelegates - particularly Democrat superdelegates - are a way of fixing an election by reducing the influence of the voters at large, who are too stupid to be counted on to vote for the correct person.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 01:14:20 PM »
Alright, enough with all the superdelegate mathematics. Let's get back to celebrating the topic of this thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 08:42:38 PM »
I think Trump had a lot to do with showing voters who Jeb! really is.  For that I thank him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 05:47:06 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden