Author Topic: Tag Teaming Trump  (Read 13501 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tag Teaming Trump
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
So apparently Cruz and Kasich have reached an agreement in which they work together to win each other delegates in an attempt to slow down / defeat Trump. My thoughts:

1) They have already been hit with "collusion" charges by the media and others. Given the way they're setting up the agreement, it's going to be difficult for them to shake that, even if it's not true. In fact everything I saw on the news this morning with snippets of their press conferences have been dominated by them explaining how what they're doing is not collusion. If anything, it seems they're giving Trump more ammunition and making themselves look weaker because of the "two against one" optics.

2) They originally said they were doing this to stop Trump, but now seem to be changing their narrative (possibly because of the backfiring taking place) that they're doing this to stop Clinton. To immediately veer my thread, to me, this makes Clinton look stronger as well.

If they really want to make Clinton look weaker, they should mess with her mind and say they need to stop Sanders, and not mention Clinton at all. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Tag Teaming Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
The hilarious bit being that if they manage to block Trump, neither of them will be on the ticket.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »
All this represents is the fact that the GOP will not win this presidential election.  At best, Kasich and Cruz will manage to derail Trump and got one of them on the ballot, but the Trump supporters won't jump to either of them, so the Dem wins.  Worse case, the party falls into chaos at the convention, and no matter who gets the nomination, the fractured and segmented GOP won't be able to compete with the Democrats unified behind whichever one gets the nod.

What the really means, though, is that the 2A fight will be front and center.  Clinton and her daughter have both made no bones about their intention to (1) bring back the bans and (2) go after the manufacturers,  If she pulls this off, and it's looking more and more likely, the NRA is in for a big fight.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »
All this represents is the fact that the GOP will not win this presidential election.  At best, Kasich and Cruz will manage to derail Trump and got one of them on the ballot, but the Trump supporters won't jump to either of them, so the Dem wins.  Worse case, the party falls into chaos at the convention, and no matter who gets the nomination, the fractured and segmented GOP won't be able to compete with the Democrats unified behind whichever one gets the nod.

What the really means, though, is that the 2A fight will be front and center.  Clinton and her daughter have both made no bones about their intention to (1) bring back the bans and (2) go after the manufacturers,  If she pulls this off, and it's looking more and more likely, the NRA is in for a big fight.
I am holding out hope that Bernie will divert enough Hillary voters
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »
Whether it is Trump or Hillary as the President, we are going to have a Democrat in the White House for at least another 4 years.  Best hope is a contested convention and someone out of left field comes into play.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »
Whether it is Trump or Hillary as the President, we are going to have a Democrat in the White House for at least another 4 years.  Best hope is a contested convention and someone out of left field comes into play.

Trump ~ 1980 Democrat
Hillary ~ 2016 Democrat
GOPe  ~ 2000 Democrat

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
In a head-to-head matchup of each party’s frontrunner, Mrs. Clinton leads Mr. Trump by only 3 percentage points nationally (46 to 43; 11 percent undecided). Comparatively, Mr. Sanders fares slightly better against Mr. Trump (51/40/10).

Still too early for gen election polls to be hard, but that ^^^ is sort of what I expected.  _The more coverage Hillary gets, the less people like her._  Sanders would be a harder opponent for Trump, IMO.

If Trump ends up GOPPOTUS candidate, I smell a blowout--for Trump.  If GOPe stops trying to cut his throat, that would help, too.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 03:02:26 PM »
Still too early for gen election polls to be hard, but that ^^^ is sort of what I expected.  _The more coverage Hillary gets, the less people like her._  Sanders would be a harder opponent for Trump, IMO.

If Trump ends up GOPPOTUS candidate, I smell a blowout--for Trump.  If GOPe stops trying to cut his throat, that would help, too.

Thing is I don't thinK anything short of a prison cell is going to keep Hillary off the ticket at this point in time.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
Still too early for gen election polls to be hard, but that ^^^ is sort of what I expected.  _The more coverage Hillary gets, the less people like her._  Sanders would be a harder opponent for Trump, IMO.

If Trump ends up GOPPOTUS candidate, I smell a blowout--for Trump.  If GOPe stops trying to cut his throat, that would help, too.

Doubtful.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
Thing is I don't thinK anything short of a prison cell is going to keep Hillary off the ticket at this point in time.

I don't think a prison cell would slow her down. Might help her "war on women" message.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

While Trump is not my first choice by any means, the GOP could nominate a monkey as the candidate and I would vote for the monkey over Hilary Clinton.  (especially if the monkey is not anti-gun.)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 06:20:08 AM »
Trump, after wins: "I really thank the media, they've really covered me fair.... uh... for the last two hours."

I could never, ever, ever vote for anyone who confused a verb and an adverb.

Never, ever, ever.  =D

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »
While Trump is not my first choice by any means, the GOP could nominate a monkey as the candidate and I would vote for the monkey over Hilary Clinton.  (especially if the monkey is not anti-gun.)

I was of that view until recently. I'm trying to talk myself back into it.

The Republican party is determined to make itself irrelevant. I read an article in which Priebus called on Trump to move more toward unifying the party. What a hypocrite! Trump has almost twice as many delegates as Cruz, and Kasich still hasn't caught up to Rubio, who dropped out a month ago. It isn't Trump who should be unifying, it's the Republican National Committee that should stop trying to torpedo Trump's campaign and start working on unifying the Republicans who take the position that they're loyal Republicans but they won't vote for any candidate other than [Cruz/Kasich/Rubio] so, if Trump is the nominee, they'll stay home on election day.

Idiots.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »

Perfect candidate
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:44 AM »
It's my opinion that the GOPe would rather lose to Hillary than have Trump in the white house. I'm also of the opinion that the GOPe will happily chew off their own testicles to make it happen.
If When Hillary gets elected all bets are off. I doubt we will ever see another Republican, let alone a conservative in the oval office.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »
It's my opinion that the GOPe would rather lose to Hillary than have Trump in the white house. I'm also of the opinion that the GOPe will happily chew off their own testicles to make it happen.
If When Hillary gets elected all bets are off. I doubt we will ever see another Republican, let alone a conservative in the oval office.

Hope you're wrong on the last sentence.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
I don't think the GOPe would let anything close to a true Conservative get elected. For all of Cruz's faults* I still think he is, at the core, a constitutional conservative, look at how the establishment has treated him.

We know Trump is mostly a result of the peons getting tired of being peed on and even with that fact as blatantly obvious as it is the Rs still are in denial, either from sheer stupidity or they know and don't care. Mostly I don't think they give a rat's rectum what the electorate and their constituents think or want. Hell, even Inhofe is trying to make hay with all fo the wonderful accomplishments made by the Republican majority in the Senate and House.

*Still nominally/marginally a Cruz supporter but there is something about him that makes the back of my neck start itching, his recent deal with Kasich has started to sour him for me though.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »
My understanding of the "deal" is they just said,  "I'll campaign over here.  You campaign over there."  I thought the coverage on it was a bit overblown. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:11 AM »

*Still nominally/marginally a Cruz supporter but there is something about him that makes the back of my neck start itching, his recent deal with Kasich has started to sour him for me though.

Yep, been getting that same feeling for awhile and this doesn't help.

If I decided to vote my vote was his (Cruz) to lose. This despite him being a Senator and his wife being a bankster.

He has more than a few neocons in his foreign policy team and he comes off pretty hawkish on middle east issues, that is a big strike against him.

His instincts just aren't good. Trump and him have got this far by running against the GOPe. Embracing Kasich is about as dumb as declaring if chosen Lindsey Graham will be your running mate.

As Trump fleshes out his positions/policies I'll be watching who he surrounds himself with as that should speak volumes about what his administration would like like.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
Considering that Trump used to be a huge ally/friend of Hillary Clinton, or still is, this could be interesting. It'd be interesting if they had arranged to try for this exact situation.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Considering that Trump used to be a huge ally/friend of Hillary Clinton, or still is, this could be interesting. It'd be interesting if they had arranged to try for this exact situation.

Hillary finds herself a Cabinet position and Bill gets an Ambassadorship.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »
Once we see who Trump surrounds himself with we will see if he is really a nationalist vs your typical internationalist that we've been electing since GHB.

The only real positive I see in Trump is his nationalism.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 11:21:52 AM »
At this point I think the left might have a larger role than the right. I think there is a majority percentage of disenchanted Bernie voters. I think it might come down to not how many people vote for Trump, but how many people on the left don't vote for Clinton via sitting it out or voting third party or voting write-in (for Bernie).

I believe the right will pull in a lot of "hold your nose and vote for the least bad" votes, because even the Trump hate on the right cannot at all compete with the Clinton hate on the right.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:21 AM »
Once we see who Trump surrounds himself with we will see if he is really a nationalist vs your typical internationalist that we've been electing since GHB.

The only real positive I see in Trump is his nationalism.

When all the other candidates are overt America-haters or are just waiting to sell America out to their donors, the one guy who merely doesn't hate America shines like a diamond in a goat's ass.

Of course, to grasp that diamond requires putting your hand up a goat's ass...
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 12:20:04 PM »
I still maintain my opinion that Trump is nothing but controlled opposition.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila