Author Topic: Batman v. Superman  (Read 1275 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Batman v. Superman
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »
I didn't pay any attention to this when it was announced and when it came out, because I loathe and detest the whole concept of re-writing the entire story lines of superheroes the way the studios (and the comics) seem to do on an annual basis these days. I somehow stumbled onto a traler for it on Youtube last night and, to my horror, I began to think that I might actually want to see it.

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth seeing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Batman v. Superman
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:33 PM »

It's not as terrible as many people said.

Uhm, I wouldn't go out on a limb and call it good either. Many many WTF moments.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:43:50 PM »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »
I was informed by my sister I should wait until it's released on DVD.
She said it was fast paced enough but obscure in storyline.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 05:24:30 AM »
I've heard that there will be a longer version on DVD. I think. Still haven't seen it.  =(
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 08:11:22 AM »
It's not as terrible as many people said.

Heh.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

erictank

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »
I enjoyed it, for what it was - a summer-spectacle movie.

Specific callouts - they're getting REALLY heavy-handed with the "Superman as God" thing.  I like Cavill as Kal-El, I think he's done a good job portraying the role, but he can only act as written and directed.  They're taking him in the wrong direction.

Did not like Doomsday.

Luthor, I actually enjoyed.  A lot of people are saying, well, it wasn't LEX luthor, it was his insane son ALEXANDER Luthor.  Whatever.  Seeing the insanity inside his head come out was entertaining.  I liked Eisenberg more in this role than I had anticipated.

Affleck did a good job as both Bruce Wayne and Batman (spoiler alert!  =D).  I found him pretty believable as an older, somewhat war-weary vigilante who regards Superman as a potential threat to the planet.

And I have to officially eat my words from before the movie came out.  Gal Gadot did a *FANTASTIC* job portraying Wonder Woman.  I had been very concerned that she wouldn't be able to pull off the character, who can go toe-to-toe with Superman and have a fair chance of winning - and look like it! - but she nailed it.  She was a badass, and also very sophisticated and appealing in her secret identity of Diana Prince.  Bodes well for her upcoming solo film, which they teased a little in BvS.

The "intros" for the rest of the Justice League?  Meh.  Though I gotta ask, when exactly did CYBORG, of the Teen Titans, become a League Founding member?

There was plenty of silliness, but by and large it looked great, except for Snyder's obsession with dark muted color palettes

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
It was an OK way to pass time.....but there were two better things to watch:

The CW's "THE BATMAN" version of BvS. Made a whole lot more sense.....and the characters seem more realistic.

The "deathmatch" between Supergirl and the Flash on SUPERGIRL. Instead of fighting, they challenged each other to a race. And they actually become friends!

DC's last hope is that WONDER WOMAN is a much better movie.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »
Yeah it was pretty meh. The plot and writing was pretty weak. Huge plot holes. Yet ANOTHER rendition of Bruce Wayne 's parent's murder.

I actually liked the post apocalyptic does not give a *expletive deleted*ed Batman from one sequence better than most other Batman's i've seen.

I think Suicide Squad is DC's best hope currently.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
Yeah it was pretty meh. The plot and writing was pretty weak. Huge plot holes. Yet ANOTHER rendition of Bruce Wayne 's parent's murder.

I actually liked the post apocalyptic does not give a *expletive deleted*ed Batman from one sequence better than most other Batman's i've seen.

I think Suicide Squad is DC's best hope currently.

Hell yeah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvzhfI4SuM

If I could be a super... something... I'd want to be this version of Harley Quinn.  :rofl: "I'm known to be quite vexing."
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
Hell yeah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvzhfI4SuM

If I could be a super... something... I'd want to be this version of Harley Quinn.  :rofl: "I'm known to be quite vexing."

You're just saying that because she's a girl who can shoot.......

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »
You're just saying that because she's a girl who can shoot.......

=D

bah! If I just wanted to be the girl that shoots I'd be Domino.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
bah! If I just wanted to be the girl that shoots I'd be Domino.

She misses a lot. I see you more as a Silver Sable......