Author Topic: Mr. Cruz officially drops out  (Read 7545 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Mr. Cruz officially drops out
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-presidential-race-222763

As soon as the Indiana results came in, he ended his campaign.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Mr. Cruz officially drops out
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:18:09 PM »
I'm going wtf with my mouth agape.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:19:05 PM »
we're screwed
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
we're screwed

Ayup.

Well *expletive deleted*ck us.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:39:18 PM »
He shouldn't have made that deal with Kasich and he got screwed by Colorado (which wasn't his fault, but still) Both those things ended up making people really dislike him.

*sigh* I really don't want Trump for President.  =(
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »
we're screwed
we we're already screwed, just not getting dinner first.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »

Between Trump and Clinton? Yeah, we're hosed either way.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »
Haven't really been a Trump supporter. I was more or less on Cruz's side based mostly on his creds as a constitutionalist but Cruz and Kasich teaming up pretty well knocked the shine off that deal for me.

If it comes down to it I'll vote for Trump more as a hell not vote for Hillary than a vote FOR trump but I still think he would be better for the country over all.

At best the country is still in an unrecoverable death spiral, Trump might be able to stretch out the glide path a little further.
On the other hand him getting elected may force the hand of the La Raza/BLM/FSA crowd to show their true colors and light the fire.

Either way I'm close to the point I don't care anymore.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Haven't really been a Trump supporter. I was more or less on Cruz's side based mostly on his creds as a constitutionalist but Cruz and Kasich teaming up pretty well knocked the shine off that deal for me.

I still want someone to explain how that in any way made Cruz look like a bad guy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 10:56:35 PM »
Heaven help us... we're getting the choices we deserve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »

At best the country is still in an unrecoverable death spiral, Trump might be able to stretch out the glide path a little further.
On the other hand him getting elected may force the hand of the La Raza/BLM/FSA crowd to show their true colors and light the fire.

Might be what we need, get the silent majority to stop being silent and send the children to their rooms. Less than 5% of the population has hijacked the country because they scream the loudest.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »
SMOD 2016.  It will solve eliminate ALL our problems.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 11:42:37 PM »
Well

*expletive deleted*it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 12:54:49 AM »
He shouldn't have made that deal with Kasich and he got screwed by Colorado (which wasn't his fault, but still) Both those things ended up making people really dislike him.

Well, then vote for Hillary.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 01:18:44 AM »
I guess no one's surprised. Republicans will no longer accept a conservative Republican candidate.

Another "hold your nose and vote" election season, with all its attendant intra-conservative bickering.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 03:03:21 AM »
At this point I'm just looking forward to the.riots at.the GOP convention. I've laid in extra stores of popcorn.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

erictank

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »

Good, because it'll be Hillary.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:11 AM »
"Former Speaker John Boehner called Cruz “Lucifer in the flesh.”"

What? :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 08:40:47 AM »

If it comes down to it I'll vote for Trump more as a hell not vote for Hillary than a vote FOR trump but I still think he would be better for the country over all.

I had Cruz pictured as being that speed bump on the way to the abyss.

Oh, I care.  Grandkids and all that.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »
  • Republicans needed a swift kick in the ass for being the wimpy RHINOs they have been for the last decade or more.
  • Trump is as big a flip flopping "say whatever it takes to get elected" ass as Clinton.
  • If I had another VIABLE choice that wasn't Clinton or Trump I would vote for them.
  • Not voting or voting for a third party candidate is just putting Clinton one step closer to the White House.
  • I want to vote Libertarian so bad it hurts but see the point above.
  • Last but not least, don't you want to see all those celebrities like Whoopi leave for Canada if Trump get's elected? I mean, come on, that alone will help make America great again!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:27:02 AM by scout26 »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 08:49:23 AM »
Might be what we need, get the silent majority to stop being silent and send the children to their rooms. Less than 5% of the population has hijacked the country because they scream the loudest.
Naw, they are too lazy to do anything other than bitch and moan about the results.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »
  • Republicans needed a swift kick in the ass for being the wimpy RHINOs they have been for the last decade or more.
  • Trump is as big a flip flopping "say whatever it takes to get elected" ass as Comrade Klinton.
  • If I had another VIABLE choice that wasn't Comrade Klinton or Trump I would vote for them.
  • Not voting or voting for a third party candidate is just putting Comrade Klinton one step closer to the White House.
  • Last but not least, don't you want to see all those celebrities like Whoopi leave for Canada if Trump get's elected? I mean, come on, that alone will help make America great again!
You do realize that libertarian leaning people holding their nose is just incentive for the GOP to continue to put f *expletive deleted*faces in front of us, right?

Look where it got us with the last guy?

I'm done rewarding the Republican party with a vote they didn't earn. They can change, or they can keep losing. At this point, "stretching the glide path" is *expletive deleted*ed.

My flight instructor said that's how people stall, spin, and die.

Best to let the crash happen and recover. *expletive deleted*ck trump, and *expletive deleted*ck anyone who gives me *expletive deleted*it for "throwing my vote away"
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »

I'm not bothered in the least.  Many folks (especially here) have advocated for dumping those of us who are considered "socially conservative" from the party.  Congrats.  You get you wish.  I too shall be pulling the "L" lever this November.   Let me know how that works out for ya....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 09:41:55 AM »
Trust me, if there was ever an election where I was seriously on the fence about voting against the evil I want the least and making a "flip the table and trash the house vote," this is the one. I still may change my mind. I'm starting to see the 1776 solution as an option the way things are headed as it is...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
Trust me, if there was ever an election where I was seriously on the fence about voting against the evil I want the least and making a "flip the table and trash the house vote," this is the one. I still may change my mind. I'm starting to see the 1776 solution as an option the way things are headed as it is...

A libertarian vote can make a positive change. If the libertarians are well into double digits this time around, it may cause people to re-evaluate.

Or, the GOP continues its slow decline and is replaced

Or, we pull the band aid off, and the collapse and balkanization just goes ahead and happens, without the agonizing slow sink
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog