Author Topic: How do you contact Telephone Systems Customer Support?  (Read 581 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
How do you contact Telephone Systems Customer Support?
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
By email, of course.

You really have to question people's grasp of customer service when it allows for email to be Telephone Systems Customer Support's only means of contact.

*rant off*

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: How do you contact Telephone Systems Customer Support?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »
By email, of course.

You really have to question people's grasp of customer service when it allows for email to be Telephone Systems Customer Support's only means of contact.

Clear time stamped audit trail.  ;)

Though honestly, I prefer web chat for dealing with tech support. I like being able to not have a handset pressed against my head for three hours while I follow a script following Indian dude who ignores the actual diagnosis that I provided within the first thirty seconds of the conversation. Such as we've lost two hard drives and are one drive away from having to rebuild a LUN. I absolutely hate and abhor trying to CALL anyone for customer service. There's a handful of companies that don't suck (USAA), but the overwhelming majority go straight to a script reading Indian dude who cannot deviate from the script. You'd think they were holding guns on his family.

People learn to read and write much quicker than speaking. If I'm forced to deal with crap tech support, I at least need to understand what they're saying and that rarely happens with phone calls.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
Clear time stamped audit trail.

And copy/paste.

When I worked support, I hated having to spell out a long series of commands, or read off huge lists of numbers.  Even worse is the customer who won't be interrupted until they've read the entire ginormous error popup that you'd recognized in the first three words.  Of course, with chat or email, they send an uncompressed TIFF screenshot at a resolution roughly equivalent to all of Google Earth.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
Clear time stamped audit trail.  ;)

Though honestly, I prefer web chat for dealing with tech support. I like being able to not have a handset pressed against my head for three hours while I follow a script following Indian dude who ignores the actual diagnosis that I provided within the first thirty seconds of the conversation. Such as we've lost two hard drives and are one drive away from having to rebuild a LUN. I absolutely hate and abhor trying to CALL anyone for customer service. There's a handful of companies that don't suck (USAA), but the overwhelming majority go straight to a script reading Indian dude who cannot deviate from the script. You'd think they were holding guns on his family.

People learn to read and write much quicker than speaking. If I'm forced to deal with crap tech support, I at least need to understand what they're saying and that rarely happens with phone calls.

Yes, all this.  Even if you don't get the overseas call center the amount of time you can waste getting transferred and repeating yourself is painful.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:22:08 PM »
The one I love is when I call to report that my DSL Internet service is down, and the recording tells me to use their web site to report problems ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design