Author Topic: Longmire!  (Read 1680 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Longmire!
« on: September 15, 2016, 06:12:04 PM »
Longmire Season 5 hits Netflix 23SEP. Finally! Of course I have to go out of town that weekend, so I'll have to binge it when I get back.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Longmire!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:09:35 PM »
I have it on my calendar just in case I forget! I'm sure I'll binge watch it and then have to wait another full year.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »
SWMBO and I have been waiting for this one.  There was even some doubt at one time whether it would be renewed.

I have it on my calendar just in case I forget! I'm sure I'll binge watch it and then have to wait another full year.

That's pretty much how we do it here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:32:00 PM »
SWMBO and I have been waiting for this one.  There was even some doubt at one time whether it would be renewed.

That's pretty much how we do it here.

I try to stretch it out to a week, but that's about as far as I get. I couldn't imagine trying to watch an episode a week when they're all just sitting there already. :)

But yeah, that year wait is always tough.

I also saw the "up in the air" stuff about renewal. It kills me that such a great show has to be on the chopping block every year when some of the dreck out there is renewed to two seasons in advance. But hey, who doesn't want to watch 10 seasons of "Gold mining for fat pigs on a crash diet surviving naked with two items with 14 kids from 13 mothers"?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »
Thread necro.

The sixth and final season of Longmire drops on Netflix on 17NOV.

I'm going to miss this as much as I miss Justified. I hope they do them proud for the final season. At least there are still the books. I've read all of them and enjoy them very much. :)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 04:29:30 PM »
Thread necro.

The sixth and final season of Longmire drops on Netflix on 17NOV.

I'm going to miss this as much as I miss Justified. I hope they do them proud for the final season. At least there are still the books. I've read all of them and enjoy them very much. :)

Bitter sweet.  Great series, the books are even really good, but I love the show. Glad it's back, it'll suck it's gone after this.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 06:35:44 PM »
If it goes too far in the direction it was headed last season I won’t miss it much. Will definitely give it a shot though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »
If it goes too far in the direction it was headed last season I won’t miss it much. Will definitely give it a shot though.

Yeah, I will say I wasn't totally stoked on the direction they were taking Walt last season. I hope they get him back closer to season 1 Walt for this final season.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »
Well, I haven't binged it, partially because I'm trying to stretch out the last of the series. However I'm up to episode 5, and without dropping any real spoilers, I think it's great so far.

Walt seems to be stepping away from the ledge. I haven't yet seen a direction leading to a "clean" end, but they still have five episodes to go. The only bummer for me so far is that my favorite secondary (tertiary?) character bit the dust.

I'm putting the final five off until probably Sunday just due to Tday visitors. I want to watch them in peace and quiet, without a lot of talking, just as Walt would want. :)

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »
Ben has more willpower than me.  I binge-watched season 6 over a 2-day period.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
The writers are typical liberals- the flavor smells bad. especially when anything regarding guns comes up. Guns that regular folks own, that is.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
Just finished the final season. After episode 5, I was afraid they were going in a not good direction to close the series, but it turned around I thought the last episode did at least as good a job as Justified for closing things out.

I really liked the music and Walt's closing scenes in the final episode. Also in an earlier episode, they read a letter in Lucian's voice, and it may have been a small thing series-wise, but it really stood out to me in how that character was portrayed overall. The narration of the letter was almost how a cowboy in a Louis L'Amour novel, or the Lonesome Dove novel would talk (or write). Just spot on for that character, as was Peter Weller being cast for it.

Sad to see it go, but am glad they ended it well.