Author Topic: Mall shooting in Houston  (Read 1639 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Mall shooting in Houston
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:21:33 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/as-many-as-7-may-be-wounded-in-houston-shooting-report-says.html

Nine people were injured when a shooter opened fire at a southwest Houston shopping center on Monday morning, police and fire officials said.
The gunman, who was not identified, was shot and killed by police, authorities said. The man, who lived near the shooting scene, was a lawyer and there were reportedly issues between him and his law firm, interim police chief Martha Montalvo said during a news conference.

Looks like it's time to ban malls.

(FWIW, the shooter has been named as Nathan Desai since Fox got their info, apparently.)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Mall shooting in Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:44:38 AM »
What do 99.999999999999999% of all malls have in common?

That is right folks, they all have a no firearms policy.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
What do 99.999999999999999% of all malls have in common?
That is right folks, they all have a no firearms policy.

Not that kind of mall in this case.  This was a strip-mall style, so other than individual stores, the only firearm policy would have to be one that covers a public parking lot...I.e. A state or city level legislative policy.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
What I heard on local Houston radio on the way to work this morning was that he was walking down the street shooting random people.  It was a strip mall and he was outside. Unless it is a national chain most businesses in strip malls around here don't post .30-06 or .30-07 signs.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:47:18 PM »
I was basing my post on the OP Title.

As for the shooter, appears to be a lawyer who was pissed that he wasn't any good and his firm failed.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »
As for the shooter, appears to be a lawyer who was pissed that he wasn't any good and his firm failed.

Judging from some of the comments on the Yelp listing, "wasn't any good" was only part of it.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
Ah jeez, had to be a lawyer.  Probably start to hear how lawyers should be prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 03:12:36 PM »
Ah jeez, had to be a lawyer.  Probably start to hear how lawyers should be prohibited from owning/possessing firearms.

Not such a bad idea...and considering their DUI rates, we should probably take their cars away too.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Judging from some of the comments on the Yelp listing, "wasn't any good" was only part of it.

Asked a client out on a date.   :facepalm: :rofl:

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »
Asked a client out on a date.   :facepalm: :rofl:

Well, at least she's cute, but still...win the damn case and then offer a celebration dinner.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
How very convenient that Mr. Desai was a - Nazi???  [tinfoil]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife