Author Topic: SRV- Fr'kn Incredible  (Read 1800 times)

HForrest

SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« on: April 29, 2005, 10:38:36 PM »
I just finished a video of a couple of Stevie Ray Vaughan's live performances in the '80s, and all I can say is "wow". I'd always loved his music, but to actually see him do a live show (albeit on video) was amazing. This guy is definitely with the most brilliant of guitarists. Just, wow. It's too bad I'll never get the chance to see him perform in person.

Any other SRV fans out there?

Smith

• friend
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 03:28:18 AM »
Yup!  I wish I'd gotten to see him too!

...has left the building.

SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 05:44:56 AM »
I used to sit with my Strat and the "Greatest Hits" tab book trying to play all of his songs. He was an incredible guitarist. Some guitar players have that certain "feel" and he definitely had it.

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 07:32:39 AM »
I saw him live in 1987.  He closed the show with his rendition of "Voodoo Chile Slight Return."  Simply amazing.

Pebcac

• friend
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 07:38:29 AM »
I would've loved to see one of his live shows.  His "Voodoo Chile Slight Return" is one of my absolute favorite rock songs.  I need to pick up one of the videos to see him perform some of the live stuff I've heard on the greatist hits albums.
Problem exists between computer and chair.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 11:07:13 AM »
He was booked to do my small college in 1983/84, just before he became a big name.

No one really knew who he was. I had 4 of the 8 tickets that were sold...

Yeah, he cancelled, so I never got to see him.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

esheato

• friend
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
I'm a big fan of his also. The music just flows from him...true passion. Lenny and Look at Little Sister just speak volumes to me.

Ed

DJJ

• friend
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 07:12:29 AM »
Does anybody know where to get videos of his "Austin City Limits" appearances? I emailed the PBS station that produces the show, and they told me they aren't for sale. I got a video from Amazon, but it's very much abridged ACL footage.

And by the way - I have a compendium of his individual song "videos" - the change in his appearance from the early days, through the drugs, and back to sobriety is shocking.

esheato

• friend
SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 09:21:28 AM »
I found a bunch of his Austin appearances.....I'm ashamed to say on WinMX and stole them.  His live performances are quite compelling.

Ed

HForrest

SRV- Fr'kn Incredible
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 11:23:59 AM »
Yeah, that's the video I saw. A friend burned the DVD for us, so I dunno.