Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38390 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Biker

• friend
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
As a TWD fan, that is damn funny.

Biker

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
As a TWD fan, that is damn funny.

Biker

And, as a non-fan, that's still hilarious.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2017, 04:36:09 AM »
I apologize for the necro-post, but I recently watched this on DVD and needed somewhere to vent about it.

Season 7 not only killed too many favorite characters, it also killed my interest in the series.
I’d invested years (years!) getting to know and like the characters they destroyed in this single season. It feels like a betrayal, and I don’t like that feeling.

Also, I can get all the depressing depravity I want in real life from the news. I watched the series to escape such things.

Finally, the basis of season 7 was all wrong to me. People are surviving in a world of zombies with grit, guns, other ingenious weapons, and hope. So now they’re going to submit to some jerk strutting around with a baseball bat?!? Is Rosita the only one with cajones in that post-apocalyptic world? How can dude play his murderous mind games on people who have already lost so much by threatening or actually taking away what they love most? This would only make them more dangerous. And yet he surrounds himself by people who actively hate him, and he pimps all his neighbors…while strutting about with a baseball bat??? Oh, please!!! All his victims need is a sniper and/or strategic mines around the perimeter. None of his “wives” can figure out poison without mullet-man’s help? Get real. There’s a reason poison is called “a woman’s weapon.” All Negan's servants need to do is walk away the next time they're surrounded by zombies and see how far he gets with his precious “vampire bat”. Sheesh!
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »
Season 7 not only killed too many favorite characters, it also killed my interest in the series.
I’d invested years (years!) getting to know and like the characters they destroyed in this single season. It feels like a betrayal, and I don’t like that feeling.
Don't watch Game of Thrones then.

How can dude play his murderous mind games on people who have already lost so much by threatening or actually taking away what they love most? This would only make them more dangerous. And yet he surrounds himself by people who actively hate him, and he pimps all his neighbors…while strutting about with a baseball bat??? Oh, please!!! All his victims need is a sniper and/or strategic mines around the perimeter. None of his “wives” can figure out poison without mullet-man’s help? Get real. There’s a reason poison is called “a woman’s weapon.” All Negan's servants need to do is walk away the next time they're surrounded by zombies and see how far he gets with his precious “vampire bat”. Sheesh!

The exact same thing bothered me as well.  What is his source of power?

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
Finally, the basis of season 7 was all wrong to me. People are surviving in a world of zombies with grit, guns, other ingenious weapons, and hope. So now they’re going to submit to some jerk strutting around with a baseball bat?!? Is Rosita the only one with cajones in that post-apocalyptic world? How can dude play his murderous mind games on people who have already lost so much by threatening or actually taking away what they love most? This would only make them more dangerous. And yet he surrounds himself by people who actively hate him, and he pimps all his neighbors…while strutting about with a baseball bat??? Oh, please!!! All his victims need is a sniper and/or strategic mines around the perimeter. None of his “wives” can figure out poison without mullet-man’s help? Get real. There’s a reason poison is called “a woman’s weapon.” All Negan's servants need to do is walk away the next time they're surrounded by zombies and see how far he gets with his precious “vampire bat”. Sheesh!

While I always try to take a step back and say, "but if they did things the APS way, they would have wrapped at season 2", Negan is a bit over the top. While I don't read the comic books,  I think maybe he works better there than in the live action TV series. He's surrounded by people who fear and hate him, who all have myriad opportunities to do him in. I mean, the guy has to sleep sometime right? He's not stronger than ten guys. He's not faster than a speeding bullet.

Also, if we ever have a West Coast APS get together, I'm bringing the King's taste tester in case Ladysmith offers me something to eat or drink.  :laugh:

Also, not really Necro since new shows are just around the corner. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

LadySmith

• friends
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
Also, if we ever have a West Coast APS get together, I'm bringing the King's taste tester in case Ladysmith offers me something to eat or drink.  :laugh:

:lol:
(muahahaha)

As for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that weak "it was all a bad dream" stunt.
Yeah, I'm still mad.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
:lol:
(muahahaha)

As for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that weak "it was all a bad dream" stunt.
Yeah, I'm still mad.

It worked for Bobby Ewing........ [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
The fact that they still follow Rick is just mind-numbingly unbelievable.*   He is King Midas in reverse.  Everyplace he takes them to be "safe" he manages to turn to *expletive deleted*it, and get people killed. 

*- I tagged him as a for-*expletive deleted*it leader by season 4.  They should have fixed the fence at the prison, and then gone and killed the walkers left on the inside.   

Anyway, it's just the same stupidity over and over and over.  Just kill them all off and be done with it.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
" it's just the same stupidity over and over and over.  Just kill them all off and be done with it."

Pretty much.

I didn't watch last season at all.

Have it on my DVR, just haven't gotten around to watching it.

I'm a couple of weeks behind on the West Coast one.

And now I see that there's going to be some sort of grand crossover event between the two.

To me that reeks of "Jump The Shark" time.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
Last season was frustrating.  At least they finally have decided that Negan must go. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »
Last season was frustrating.  At least they finally have decided that Negan must go. 

Yeah,  but can they make it happen? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

LadySmith

• friends
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2017, 08:33:54 AM »
A friend just showed me the season 8 trailer, and I'm still not interested.
That's because I just know Carl is going to kill Michonne, Rick is going to kill Carl, Carol & Morgan are going to be killed by the gay dudes, and Negan is going to beat the tiger to death with his bat.  :mad:

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
A friend just showed me the season 8 trailer, and I'm still not interested.
That's because I just know Carl is going to kill Michonne, Rick is going to kill Carl, Carol & Morgan are going to be killed by the gay dudes, and Negan is going to beat the tiger to death with his bat.  :mad:

If Negan whacks the tiger to death, that'll really get me angry! [popcorn]

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
Me: Do they even fight zombies anymore?
Dad: Sort of. They are so used to them by now and the zombies are slow.

*sigh* Dad has continued to resist buying a tablet, like I told him too and his phone can't handle anymore apps (like the ones that would enable him to watch this stupid show in his room and leave me with my TV to watch what I want) so now I'm apparently stuck watching the season premiere of season 8, which will be on at 9 eastern.

I will say, though, that is one really *expletive deleted*ing big ass tiger... Why on earth do they have a *expletive deleted*ing tiger?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »
Ezekiel used to work at the local zoo and saved the tiger.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2017, 09:23:21 PM »
Season 8 starts tonight. I'm too ambivalent to start a season 8 thread.  :laugh:

If somebody else feels like it though, knock yourself out. :) 

I don't know if I'm just getting drained on the franchise or what. Who knows though, season 8 may step it up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2017, 08:00:29 AM »
Okay solid episode.  Good start to the season.
Could have done without the lengthy speech to Negan's lieutenants.  Should have Blown the RV up right at the wall, too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:36 AM »
Okay solid episode.  Good start to the season.
Could have done without the lengthy speech to Negan's lieutenants.  Should have Blown the RV up right at the wall, too.

I thought the first part was good, I was surprised that they seemed to have good tactics and a plan, taking out sentries, etc., and no one did anything stupid.

They went back to irritate Ben mode in the last third. Negan and all his lieutenants are standing in the open like sitting ducks, and you can't just shoot them all, or at least Negan with his mouth, at which point you begin negotiating with the lieutenants*? I would understand them not doing so for the season's plot, except  after they shoot a bajillion rounds of auto fire at the windows, Rick then sees Negan go to cover, then risks everyone (and gets the preacher into his fix) by staying behind trying to kill Negan. When Negan's a sitting duck you don't shoot him with a single round, but when you have a 0.001% chance of hitting him in cover, now you decide to empty your mag at him?

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpsYJrGb_yI
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:16:19 AM by Ben »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
I recorded it.

I still haven't watched last season.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »
Could have done without the lengthy speech to Negan's lieutenants.  Should have Blown the RV up right at the wall, too.

I believe they were waiting for the smoke plumes that signaled Negan's  nasties  (reinforcements)  that were en route had been  taken out,   their arrival  would have precluded escape.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »

This.

To quote a certain philosopher:  "When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
Negan should have been ventilated in the first microsecond he set foot on that porch.  Instead we heard a lot of wasted words and saw a lot of wasted ammo, and we'll see wasted lives as result in future episodes.
But then again, if he had received lead poisoning, the season would have been pretty much over.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2017, 07:43:43 AM »
Negan should have been ventilated in the first microsecond he set foot on that porch.  Instead we heard a lot of wasted words and saw a lot of wasted ammo, and we'll see wasted lives as result in future episodes.
But then again, if he had received lead poisoning, the season would have been pretty much over.

Yup.  It's TV after all.

JD

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »
Anyone notice the photo Rick took with the Polaroid camera?  A little payback for the post-mortem photos taken of Abraham and Glenn?