Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38391 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
Last night's episode was pretty deceent ....until .....

.... that Bengal Tiger, Sheba, pounced on a group of walkers Ezekiel & co. were trying to get past, in a coulee with a stream.  She did pretty good until the walkers subdued (??!!??!?!..)  and...yes ... killed her. :'( :'(

Now that just pissed me off.  First, I like cats.  Yea I know, maybe I'm a sucker for furry critters...but what can I say?
I like cats.  Even big ones.
I know Sheba was a C.G.I. cat....but, STILL!!!
Secondly, a Bengal Tiger taken down by a few walkers?  What are they ..... Cyborg Terminator Walkers?
I CALL BULL.
Put a Tiger in a room with a lion ("King" of beasts[?]) and the lion will be dead at the end of the catfight.
You don't ***&^%% with Tigers.
Plus, unbeknownst to the WALKING DEAD producers, Tigers are pretty good jumpers.  They're not gonna stay put like that.

Good grief.

I want Negan!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »
Anyone notice the photo Rick took with the Polaroid camera?  A little payback for the post-mortem photos taken of Abraham and Glenn?

He's been taking a lot.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »

.... that Bengal Tiger, Sheba, pounced on a group of walkers Ezekiel & co. were trying to get past, in a coulee with a stream.  She did pretty good until the walkers subdued (??!!??!?!..)  and...yes ... killed her. :'( :'(

Now that just pissed me off.  First, I like cats.  Yea I know, maybe I'm a sucker for furry critters...but what can I say?
I like cats.  Even big ones.
I know Sheba was a C.G.I. cat....but, STILL!!!
Secondly, a Bengal Tiger taken down by a few walkers?  What are they ..... Cyborg Terminator Walkers?
I CALL BULL.
Put a Tiger in a room with a lion ("King" of beasts[?]) and the lion will be dead at the end of the catfight.
You don't ***&^%% with Tigers.
Plus, unbeknownst to the WALKING DEAD producers, Tigers are pretty good jumpers.  They're not gonna stay put like that.

Good grief.

I want Negan!

I'll give the writers the Tiger, while I agree with you that the Tiger should have easily jumped free and swiped the *expletive deleted*it out of some walkers.

What about the jeep chase?
So they accurately portray the troops in the open being chewed to *expletive deleted*it by a pair of Ma Deuces from an elevated position.
And then, the same gun won't stop a Jeep Wrangler?
That Ma Deuce would have *expletive deleted*ed Rick's jeep up and probably killed Rick too.
That was disappointing.  Seriously disappointing.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
I am finally over The Walking Dead. Just can't abide all the logical disconnects, pervasive throughout the series. I put up with it for a long time though. I think the scene where Shiva knew to only attack the Negans (what? Were they all wearing meat scented cologne! ). Also, the endless automatic weapons fire? I have a pretty (relatively speaking) sizeable ammo supply, and could not sustain that rate of fire, repeatedly, for long. Just a small sampling of the why the dude no longer abides...

I must apologise. I am not The Dude. Sorry to use his name in vane...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:31:17 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2017, 01:41:22 PM »
I'll give the writers the Tiger, while I agree with you that the Tiger should have easily jumped free and swiped the *expletive deleted*it out of some walkers.

What about the jeep chase?
So they accurately portray the troops in the open being chewed to *expletive deleted*it by a pair of Ma Deuces from an elevated position.
And then, the same gun won't stop a Jeep Wrangler?
That Ma Deuce would have *expletive deleted*ed Rick's jeep up and probably killed Rick too.
That was disappointing.  Seriously disappointing.

In all fairness the Ma Deuce didn't hit Rick.   But it should have Blown the ******* out of the Jeep's engine.  I also  notice a butt load of full auto fire against a pickup our heroine was hiding behind.   Lotta sparkler spatter but no holes.  How's THAT work?

A lot of gun stuff is just either wrong,  or wonky,  on this show.
But, hey,  ZOMBIES.   They don't exist,  but we suspend our disbelief for the sake of entertainment.   
If I quit every show that got gun stuff wrong what would I watch?  Roper Room?  Ick, no thanks! =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
On the Jeep chase, I was impressed how Darryl was on the motorcycle, point shooting with his left hand, and shot the guy in the back of the Jeep.  I should have such mad skillz. Mind you, this was after he dumped the bike and had no skin abraded off or any ortho/soft tissue trauma.  

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
Points above agreed with, though  I thought overall this was one of the better episodes of this season (not sure if that's saying much). I thought it was better than the season premiere.

I don't read the comics, but my understanding is that they took the tiger scene pretty much straight from there.

Oh yeah, my pet  peeve gets brought up every single episode.

Carol: "Let's go - I'm almost out of ammo."
Carol: Fires 20 rounds of auto fire into a walker right after saying she's low on ammo.

THERE'S A SWITCH FOR A REASON PEOPLE!!!!

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »
Rick:

Everyone group together! Do NOT look around. All eyes front! NO situational awareness! Make noise!

Last person in line:

AAGRH! Something bit me in the back!

Rick:

DAMN IT! How did that happen???
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
....Carol: "Let's go - I'm almost out of ammo."
Carol: Fires 20 rounds of auto fire into a walker right after saying she's low on ammo.

THERE'S A SWITCH FOR A REASON PEOPLE!!!!

:facepalm:  Yeah....I got that too.  Like Rick & Carl in the prison at a break in the chain link fence,  shooting the zombies with full auto...

How do these guys survive?

Oh,  writers kill 'em off.   

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
As I always tell my wife, it's a TV show.

How boring would it be if they wrote it how it is in the real world. One no Zombies, too, probably not many automatics laying around, motor fuel would be an issue really soon.... etc...
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
Yup zombies require a certain level of suspension of disbelief. Sometimes, though...the *expletive deleted*ing writers don't even try.  That's why the ma deuce scene pissed me off. 
JD

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
The amount of CGI, recoilless automatic fire with no cases being ejected is pretty glaring to me.  And, as stated, that Wrangler should have been junked with the first strafe.  But I'm sticking around for the story, for what it's worth.

[ar15]
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
The amount of CGI, recoilless automatic fire with no cases being ejected is pretty glaring to me.  And, as stated, that Wrangler should have been junked with the first strafe.  But I'm sticking around for the story, for what it's worth.

[ar15]

Action this season, twists and turns with the king having his ass handed to him, Carol being Carol, next week should be good looks like Negan didn't bash the priests head in yet.
JD

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »

What?!?

NoooOOOOOOO!!!!

I am so through with TWD for reals!  :mad:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2017, 06:05:39 AM »
My interest in TWD is starting to wane.  Repeated examples of major "The Stoopidz" make it harder to suspend disbelief.  Coupled with the very annoying timeline jumps, it is becoming a difficult program to enjoy.
Now they have killed off Carl (not much of a loss, given how EMO he's become), so another main character is gone.  I predict falling ratings and cancellation after a couple more seasons if they don't square things away.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
So, that leaves Rick, Carol, and Darryl as the only original season arc characters left?

Meh. I don't care anymore.

I never bothered to watch last season (have it on my DVR), and I've not watched anything of this season.

I think I'm going to go home and delete all 35 episodes that I have saved.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2017, 09:08:42 AM »
. . .  I never bothered to watch last season (have it on my DVR), and I've not watched anything of this season . . .
Funny you should mention that - same here. Recorded both last season and this season, and just haven't gotten around to watching either. Don't feel much of a loss, either.

Quote from: RocketMan
My interest in TWD is starting to wane.  Repeated examples of major "The Stoopidz" make it harder to suspend disbelief . . . 
I'm finding the same thing - in a LOT of shows. I find it easier to suspend disbelief in movies and TV shows with magic, warp drive, zombies, space aliens, etc., than I do with normal people who just don't act or react the way normal people would.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »
I've been watching this season. Apparently a lot of people were talking about how great this mid-season finale was, but I was more like WTF? Watching it, I felt like  I had somehow missed a couple of episodes. It felt very disjointed to me, and I thought it was the weakest mid-season finale of the series.

Plus it was another episode where Negan came off as an untouchable superman. If they don't want to kill him off, fine, but then don't put him in situations where other characters practically have to go out of their way not to kill him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »
When Rick didn't do a mag dump into Negan episone one this season I turned it off and never looked back.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2017, 10:06:15 AM »
 =|  Carl finally becomes not only likable, and a badass most of the time, but smart and can pull off an actual plan (double diversion to cover the evac of families)....
When did George RR Martin start writing for TWD?
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
"I'm finding the same thing - in a LOT of shows. I find it easier to suspend disbelief in movies and TV shows with magic, warp drive, zombies, space aliens, etc., than I do with normal people who just don't act or react the way normal people would."

Yep.

About the only show I've not totally burned out on is The Big Bang Theory.

This past season of American Horror Story? Holy crap, what a *expletive deleted*it festival. The first six seasons ranged from good to incredible. This season? Bleh. All it is is an undisguised Trump/Republican bash festival. The story is a freaking mess and the characters are ludicrous.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
=|  Carl finally becomes not only likable, and a badass most of the time, but smart and can pull off an actual plan (double diversion to cover the evac of families)....

... and just as the character gets interesting, Gimple kills him.

When did George RR Martin start writing for TWD?

Not nearly enough nudity or incest to be Martin's work.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »
Well, I did it.

I deleted 37 unwatched episodes of Walking Dead.

I'm officially done with the show.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
Well, I did it.

I deleted 37 unwatched episodes of Walking Dead.

I'm officially done with the show.

I hear it takes a dramatic turn for the better next February..... >:D =D

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
Meh. Unless they start getting some situational awareness and acting like they've learned something from 7 years post zombie apocalypse... no, it won't be getting any better. It will just be the same...

Hero group hits a crisis point. Hero group is threatened by another, bad, group, human or zombie. Hero group prevails, but is throw a bunch of monkey wrenches. Hero group loses one of their own. Hero group regroups and moves forward, only to make the same stupid *expletive deleted*ing mistakes all over again.