Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38286 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »
Meh. Unless they start getting some situational awareness and acting like they've learned something from 7 years post zombie apocalypse... no, it won't be getting any better. It will just be the same...

Hero group hits a crisis point. Hero group is threatened by another, bad, group, human or zombie. Hero group prevails, but is throw a bunch of monkey wrenches. Hero group loses one of their own. Hero group regroups and moves forward, only to make the same stupid *expletive deleted*ing mistakes all over again.

I was being sarcastic.    Everyone knows the  situation is hopeless.   It's unrecoverable  since the tiger got scarfed.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »
RIP Shiva a.k.a. Frosted Flakes.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2017, 06:45:01 AM »

I was being sarcastic.    Everyone knows the  situation is hopeless.   It's unrecoverable  since the tiger got scarfed.

Yep, I know you were being sarcastic.

Unfortunately, I wasn't. I kept hoping that the series would evolve out of the cycle that it slipped into, but it never has.

I had hoped that Alexandria would provide the impetus for that, but again, stupidity reigns, and it slips right back into the same old cycle.

Even so, it took me a long time to get up the gumption to actually delete the series. I had so much time invested in it, and I really did enjoy quite a few of the characters, but when they killed Glenn off, that's when my annoyance really gelled. The ONLY way they could figure out to move the show forward was to keep killing off excellent characters, and it seemed to be not in an effort to move the story forward, but to actually loop it back around to what I described below.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2017, 07:23:22 AM »
Interestingly enough, this just popped up.

Apparently there's a growing backlash against the show.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-walking-dead-fans-want-this-person-fired-from-the-show.html/7/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
And in the final episode of the series, Rick wakes up and it was all a dream from his coma.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2017, 09:49:43 AM »
I read an article the other day that said there's a good chance Rick will die in the next couple of seasons (Andrew Lincoln wants out). At the same time, the producers are apparently talking about 20 seasons.

I'm a big zombie apocalypse guy, but man, at some point give it a rest already. This is why I appreciate shows like Justified, that have a finite amount of good episodes and that go out on a high note.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »
"At the same time, the producers are apparently talking about 20 seasons."

They're insane.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »
And in the final episode of the series, Rick wakes up and it was all a dream from his coma.

~~~~and he's in bed with Suzanne Pleshette.... [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
I read an article the other day that said there's a good chance Rick will die in the next couple of seasons (Andrew Lincoln wants out). At the same time, the producers are apparently talking about 20 seasons.

I'm a big zombie apocalypse guy, but man, at some point give it a rest already. This is why I appreciate shows like Justified, that have a finite amount of good episodes and that go out on a high note.

At the rate they're going 20 seasons ought to just about get them close to a high note.  I used to think stupid people would have been eaten first in a zombie apocalypse.  TWD writers think otherwise. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
This is why I appreciate shows like Justified, that have a finite amount of good episodes and that go out on a high note.

I'll bet Raylan wouldn't have fired over Negan's head at the Sanctuary.

"At the same time, the producers are apparently talking about 20 seasons."

They're insane.

No, just greedy.  As Ben implied, knowing when to quit is the hallmark of a great series.

TWD had the potential to be great.  That time is past.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2017, 07:11:20 AM »
Everyone is greedy. That's a given, so that's not really a discussion point here.

I meant they're insane in that they apparently think that they can continue the same tired, failed circular storyline I described below for 20 seasons.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2017, 07:42:28 AM »
I meant they're insane in that they apparently think that they can continue the same tired, failed circular storyline I described below for 20 seasons.

Yeah, I'd like to see them start to move beyond subsistence-level existence on a local scale and start finding ways to reach out.  I know Alexandria started out that way, but they dragged it right back into hunter/gatherer mode with its destruction.

Are there no pilots left alive?  Why not attempt to get airborne?  I'm sure there's a small plane or two left functional and stashed away in a barn.  What about an ultralight?
Is there nobody with communications expertise?  What about ham radio?  Get an HF station up and running (they run just fine on battery and/or solar), see if there are others out there beyond your immediate locale.  Start reaching out, collaborating, and coordinating.

Shouldn't the zombie threat be waning by now?  As "soft and juicy" as the zombes are these days, they should be succumbing to incidental damage and becoming less of a threat.  Without a growing human population the zombie hoards should have peaked and are now declining. 

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2017, 08:15:03 AM »
Re pilots:
There was a scene where a helo flew over when Rick was walking after he and Darryl had their little spat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »
I saw that as well.  I'm interested in how that will play out.

ETA: back when 9/11 had the skies clear of planes, it was surprising how quiet things seemed.  When Air Force 1 flew over my area on the way back to DC, it was VERY noticeable.  I'd think if there are active pilots in the TWD universe, they would be noticed quickly.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2017, 09:14:03 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to see them start to move beyond subsistence-level existence on a local scale and start finding ways to reach out.  I know Alexandria started out that way, but they dragged it right back into hunter/gatherer mode with its destruction.

Are there no pilots left alive?  Why not attempt to get airborne?  I'm sure there's a small plane or two left functional and stashed away in a barn.  What about an ultralight?
Is there nobody with communications expertise?  What about ham radio?  Get an HF station up and running (they run just fine on battery and/or solar), see if there are others out there beyond your immediate locale.  Start reaching out, collaborating, and coordinating.

Shouldn't the zombie threat be waning by now?  As "soft and juicy" as the zombes are these days, they should be succumbing to incidental damage and becoming less of a threat.  Without a growing human population the zombie hoards should have peaked and are now declining. 

Chris

Winner winner.

Who was it that said that the Zombies were starving to death? The Governor's scientist? Well, what's become of that? You'd also think that, after so much time exposed to the elements, that many of them would have either rotted into piles of bones and be unable to move or would have desicated to the point of not being able to move.

Simple fact is, the writing staff for TWD has gotten REALLY lazy, or really stupid. And that's why I'm done with it.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2018, 09:16:04 PM »
Something about Negan's side kick Simon was familiar but I couldn't place it.  Just found out that the actor is the same guy that voiced the character and was the model for Trevor in Grand Theft Auto 5, Steven Ogg.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2018, 09:35:43 PM »
Apparently it's starting up again in a couple of weeks. I gotta say, I think I'm over the whole thing. I was reading that whatshisname (I'm already forgetting character names and am too lazy to look them up) walked all the way to the "fear" group only to now lead them back to Alexandria and do some kind of merge. Then they were talking about several new offshoot shows.

It's just all too much. They have run TV zombies (not that we see many zombies anymore) into the ground. I'd rather just read $0.99 zombie books on my Kindle. They are way more fresh than TWD.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
That'd be Morgan.  I thought that FTWD was supposed to be the lead-up to TWD, seems like the timeline is off unless time passes faster in the FTWD universe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »
"I thought that FTWD was supposed to be the lead-up to TWD, seems like the timeline is off unless time passes faster in the FTWD universe."

No, not really. FTWD started out showing the origins of the zombie apocalypse, where as TWD started just before the Zompocalypse started when Rick went into his coma, and skipped the first massive zombie phase. That's when Rick came out of his coma and the show really started.

They never really were out of time synch by all that much and given that neither show has a calendar in the bottom corner saying "THIS IS X DATE OF THE APOCALYPSE!" the concept of exact time is really very, very fluid.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
.... the concept of exact time is really very, very fluid.

Very fluid.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Italicizing it doesn't make it any more fluid...

:rofl: