Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38364 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »
I thought it came on TONIGHT and missed watching it last night but DID DVR a later airing to watch tonight with the wife. I THOUGHT I had the DVR set to catch all the episodes buuuuuuuuuut... gettin old sucks, man.  :facepalm:
 :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
(shamelessly stolen from elsewhere):

Knock knock

Who's there?

Eye

Eye who?

Eye think eye have a headache

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 07:00:31 PM »
Oh damn!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »
Crap.  Even though I knew it was coming, it was still damn hard to take.
And yes, Negan is a walking dead man.  I just don't know who is going to take him out.  It might be Rick, as he's come back from PTSD inducing events before.  But this one might be beyond his ability to cope.
Carl?  Maybe.  How about Morgan, once he finds out what happened?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
Rick is going to have drag out his phone again to deal with this.

For me, Glenn getting whacked was a surprise. After Abe got his melon bashed in I thought that was going to be it and TWD took the easy way out in order to protect a fan favorite. Then later in the show, even though it happened in the comics, Glenn's death just came as a shock.

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »
I'm hearing a lot of that. Personally I thought it was brilliant and they needed to go outside the box this season to stay alive.

Great way to go outside the box...

By going back to the comic books.

Wow. That took a lot of *expletive deleted*ing imagination.

The more I think about it (I've still not watched it) the more pissed I get about it.

And the more I think I might just say screw it and delete the series from my DVR.

I was talking with a friend Sunday afternoon who also follows TWD. I was pitching a theory that Neegan didn't actually kill one of Rick's group, he killed one of his own group as an example, but also recognition that Rick's group has qualities that he wants/needs.

I really could see that playing out.

Obviously, I was wrong. WAY wrong.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »
I'm pissed that they killed off those two characters especially glen.
I really thought rick was going to get it when the added Abraham (another potentially strong leader).
I thought it was even a bit too gory.

So the remaining group plus hilltop plus the other group (I forget the name (kingdom or something like that ) now are going to have to combine forces against negan.

What really shocked me is that brass balls Abraham did not jump up and rumble with the negan when he was chosen.
What did he have to loose at that point?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 11:49:15 AM »

What really shocked me is that brass balls Abraham did not jump up and rumble with the negan when he was chosen.
What did he have to loose at that point?

Everyone else getting killed with a bat wrapped in barbed wire?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »
Everyone else getting killed with a bat wrapped in barbed wire?

Well.... the problem is that while Abe might have ended Negan's rather sociopathic career, his followers would then put an end to Abe and perhaps the rest as "StoptheGrays" said.  I do think Negan's group would probably fall apart without him but that would take time and it wouldn't save Rick's team. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

- Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
The mayor of Danbury CT needs to get a life:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Connecticut-Mayor-Goes-on-Tweetstorm-After-Shocking-Walking-Dead-Premiere-398207621.html

(Yeah, I know:  pot . . . kettle . . .)
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »
The mayor of Danbury CT needs to get a life:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Connecticut-Mayor-Goes-on-Tweetstorm-After-Shocking-Walking-Dead-Premiere-398207621.html

(Yeah, I know:  pot . . . kettle . . .)

I know Danbury Ct.,  and I am pretty sure it's  mayor  ought to have enough work to keep him occupied. 
Yea the episode was  nasty, but it's  TELEVISION,  not reality.   Good grief.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
Apparently the mayor is not alone:

- Barack Obama

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:44 PM »
I am tired of this show. My wife started binging it a few months ago and so I've seen more episodes than I'd like. They all seem to be the same. Some combination of interpersonal conflicts and running from zombies. With the occasional warlord that has to be dealt with.

It's a hamster wheel of drama. Lots of activity, but nothing goes anywhere.

Seven seasons in and there is no indication that anyone, anywhere has taken the fight to the zombies. (Rick's plan for the zombies in the quarry was stupid and I don't count that.) We know their weaknesses so why not exploit them?

Here's what I would do: Find a sufficiently tall building, seal off the floors but leave the stairwells accessible and using light and sound draw zombies up the stairs to the top floor where additional lures will cause them to walk out of empty window frames and then they're destroyed by hitting the ground.

You could set up numerous buildings, bridges, and cliffsides like this. Also with the right set-up in a truck you can draw them out pf the wilderness areas and get them following along until they get to a disposal site.

You could clear huge areas like this with little labor.

Rick's plan was moronic in that all he had to do was lead them right back around to the cliff face and they would fall in. So what if they pile up? With the proper lures in place they would keep going around in circles and would no longer be a threat.

And really even that was not necessary. Get a handful of front-loaders or bulldozers. Put a cage around the drivers' area, lower the blades to head height and drive through the herd. It's not like the zombies will try to escape.

Why don't people wear armor? It doesn't need to be plate, after all it's only human teeth you're trying to repel. Thick leather would do it. For the head football helmets should be just about everywhere. For the more paranoid I understand that chain mail was not that uncomfortable to wear even in warm climates. You'd have absolutely no worries then.

Finally, why are they using major-caliber guns? We've seen that a simple small-gauge rod will kill a zombie so .22LR will work fine. So where are all the 10/22s? A team of five, wearing armor, with 10/22s with 50rd mags would have nothing to fear even amongts the largest herd.

Instead of this we get to watch a bunch of bumblers, led by a head-case, go from one pointless emergency to the next.

And to top that off the show-runners killed off two of the more interesting characters. We could have easily lost Gay Photographer or Bad Priest or Black Woman Who Isn't the Samurai Girl but no, we lost Asian Badass and Redheaded Guy From Band of Brothers. Just horrible decision making on the part of the producers.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
And now I find out that my wife, the fanatic TWD watcher, doesn't care about the show anymore either.

The producers really, really screwed up.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 11:45:41 PM »
And now I find out that my wife, the fanatic TWD watcher, doesn't care about the show anymore either.

The producers really, really screwed up.

Funny, I'm finding myself getting a bit "meh" on the series myself this season. I'm almost thinking it would do them good to wrap it up next season or else season 9 at the very latest.

I've been kind of digging shows that know when to go out on a high note. Justified, as a prime example. As much as I miss the show, I'm kinda glad I miss it, vs thinking "Thank God that's finally over".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 12:24:52 PM »
Well the show turning into what it is, is - Who's Negan?
What's his background? I'm thinking with the talent for tactics & an expertize in psychological torture/ brainwashing, the proximity to DC- He's former CIA.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 12:29:06 PM »
I don't mind the "we could do it better" parts too much.  What's funny is seeing Rick's group who's always thought they had it figured out meeting better equipped, better run groups. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
Well the show turning into what it is, is - Who's Negan?
What's his background? I'm thinking with the talent for tactics & an expertize in psychological torture/ brainwashing, the proximity to DC- He's former CIA.

No,  used car salesman.

CIA?  Really?  Even the KGB  had more modern  behavioural modification techniques than Negan.   Negan's  were modern in 1915.  They are somewhat effective,  but overly violent,   and with modern pharmeceuticals,  that violence is unnecessary.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
No,  used car salesman.

CIA?  Really?  Even the KGB  had more modern  behavioural modification techniques than Negan.   Negan's  were modern in 1915.  They are somewhat effective,  but overly violent,   and with modern pharmeceuticals,  that violence is unnecessary.

Probably armchair, mom's basement living, cheetoes eating, Internet commando.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »
I don't read them, but I thought I saw somewhere that in the comics he was a phys ed teacher.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »
I'd heard he was a used car salesman, and that was why he was so good at being manipulative.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 01:11:47 PM »
A quick googling of the Googles indicates schoolteacher/ping pong coach.

http://undeadwalking.com/2016/04/28/the-walking-dead-shares-negans-former-occupation/

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
I'm curious about the orange letters spray painted on the prisoners' sweatshirts.  IIRC, Darryl had an "A" on his (A for Alexandria?), another prisoner had an "F" and another an "S".
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »
A quick googling of the Googles indicates schoolteacher/ping pong coach.

http://undeadwalking.com/2016/04/28/the-walking-dead-shares-negans-former-occupation/

Well, THAT was a disappointment........