Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38385 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »

OK.... I GOT Negan!!!! [tinfoil] [popcorn] :facepalm: :rofl:

Now sing him a song, kid.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2016, 07:41:08 PM »
Now sing him a song, kid.

Ha!  If  Negan ever heard me sing I'd get Lucilleified real good real fast for sure!   No way!!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 09:36:27 PM »
Stupid kid sneaks into camp, exits the truck with an automatic weapon. Neagans standing right there. Open up & negans done . what's the kid do? Stand there like a dumbass. I stopped watching. Probably for good.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »
Stupid kid sneaks into camp, exits the truck with an automatic weapon. Neagans standing right there. Open up & negans done . what's the kid do? Stand there like a dumbass. I stopped watching. Probably for good.

Not only that, he shot two other guys standing there instead of shooting Negan.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »

*Sigh*............I guess I am getting used to this kind of stupid.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:57 AM »
Man, I miss Justified!

I said EXACTLY that to Jamis yesterday when we were chatting about some random crap, and also in the context of this season's Walking Dead.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 07:24:40 AM »
Can't have Negan die without some sort of boss battle!
Besides, I see him stoking Carl's inner serial killer.....grooming him...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »

That is kind of how the cartoon goes.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

Well, as always, the APS version of the show would be over in six episodes.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2016, 11:18:14 PM »
Ugh. Boring. They could have done this whole first half of the season in like two hours. I'm betting almost the entire second half of the season will be "prep for war" filler episodes and we'll get one good episode - the season finale.

Also, Negan picks up a spent casing and says, "Look at that crimp! Who made this homemade bullet?" Really?

Also, "Hey Eugene - create an entire reloading system from scratch (nevermind where primers come from) and then make me one single cartridge*. Then I'll hit a baseball bat with it."

Sorry for the early spoilers, but argh.

*Yes, they just showed her finding that one casing a couple of episodes ago, but really - are there not a bajillion casings in and around Alexandria from all the shootouts? Especially with their love of full-auto.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2016, 06:20:59 AM »
Speaking of reloading, I know it's the end of the world and all, but it's not even a decade yet.  I'm sure they can find some reloading gear, supplies, and manuals.  The idea that Eugene has to make something from scratch is maddening.  Hell, get a Lee Loader and a hammer and carry it in your kit.

Chris

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »
reading the after action reports here, only validates my decision to stop watching the show after season 4.   :)

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2016, 08:57:15 AM »
On the reloading thing, I'm pretty sure that's a drama/plot decision, not in any way reflecting reality.  My reasoning is that some non-gunner friends who watch the show and I were discussing ammunition, and most did not understand that the average gunner with the right tools, supplies, and a little information can reload ammunition until they run out of supplies.  Heck, a couple of them didn't understand that a round for one firearm won't necessarily work in any firearm.  Again, I think that's an APS educated view of how we would act versus the way the world watches the show.  After all, how many times have we laughed about sitting on a roof with a scoped .22 and a picnic lunch and thinning out the walker herd...

By the way, loved seeing Daryl hand Rick his Python.  It's like throwing a switch.  Old Rick is back.  Time for Negan to die.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
Speaking of reloading, I know it's the end of the world and all, but it's not even a decade yet.  I'm sure they can find some reloading gear, supplies, and manuals.  The idea that Eugene has to make something from scratch is maddening.  Hell, get a Lee Loader and a hammer and carry it in your kit.

Chris

As Chris (the other one  :laugh:  ) alluded to, it's easy for the writers to make crap up because the average person has zero knowledge, or worse "fake news knowledge".

I occasionally make the mistake of reading the Walking Dead comments section at IMDB, and man, there are some stupid people there. One guy suggested reloading was easy because all you have to do is make some black powder, scavenge used bullets (not brass, bullets), and hammer them back into the case. Another asked why they're just not picking up the used bullets and putting them back in their guns. Those are a couple of the "more intelligent" comments.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
As Chris (the other one  :laugh:  ) alluded to, it's easy for the writers to make crap up because the average person has zero knowledge, or worse "fake news knowledge".

I occasionally make the mistake of reading the Walking Dead comments section at IMDB, and man, there are some stupid people there. One guy suggested reloading was easy because all you have to do is make some black powder, scavenge used bullets (not brass, bullets), and hammer them back into the case. Another asked why they're just not picking up the used bullets and putting them back in their guns. Those are a couple of the "more intelligent" comments.

Keep in mind the people who write shows like TWD probably know as much about firearms and reloading as the dingdongs who think you can find a used bullet, hammer it into a shell above some homemade black-powder, and make it work.   Like.... if you have a .38 casing, hammer a .44 bullet into it and load it into a .22RF Buckmark ..... [popcorn]

Spenser, Spenser .... what idiocity would lead you to think that Negan would trust you to NOT stab HIM in the back if you were so willing to give it to Rick?  Oh, and speaking of stabbing in the back, Negan atleast did it face-to-face. 
Negan is the most annoying psychopath I've seen on the tube in a long time ....but geeesh, he NEEDED that facial hair!!! Why the  *** did he shave it off?   
Now he just looks like a psychodork.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2016, 03:03:13 PM »

By the way, loved seeing Daryl hand Rick his Python.  It's like throwing a switch.  Old Rick is back.  Time for Negan to die.
Hotair.com has a weekly grumble thread about TWD and wrote about the Rick's python and Negan's bat. It is a different take on what the above means.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/14/walking-dead-grumble-thread-hold-my-wiener/
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/12/walking-dead-grumble-thread-the-return-of-rick-grimess-wiener/
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
Well, the second part of the season starts tonight. I'm giving them the chance to pull me back in. They have a lot of work to do in that regard though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2017, 10:30:09 PM »
Well, that was actually not half bad. Even next week's looks good (though I don't want to jinx it).

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2017, 11:14:00 PM »
Everyone enjoy the "slice capades?" [popcorn]

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:20 AM »
Good lord Ghost Ship was a bad movie...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »

I came to that conclusion after Season 4

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2017, 09:38:20 PM »
Because this thread needs a bump:

- Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:48 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scariest walker yet!!! [popcorn] >:D