Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)  (Read 38285 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: Walking Dead Season 7 (spoilers within)
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »
My eyes!  My eyes! 

How about a warning next time?!? 

The bleach is going to hurt less than that pic did!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »
I think firearms lying around for months/years are going to take more than a cursory cleaning/lube.  Also, did they find ammo too?  One mag per rifle ain't much.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »
I think firearms lying around for months/years are going to take more than a cursory cleaning/lube.  Also, did they find ammo too?  One mag per rifle ain't much.

I was actually shocked to see that they even mentioned firearm condition and maybe needing to do some maintenance when they were trading with the garbage pail kids. Also, yeah, I didn't see any ammo caches. So with this bunch, one mag in a selective fire weapon will last them three seconds. It'll be a fast battle.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2017, 11:39:22 PM »
I think firearms lying around for months/years are going to take more than a cursory cleaning/lube.

Can't have been that long ago.  Did you see how shiny and clean that brass was?  Just like those pristine cigars Abraham found a while back.

Also, did they find ammo too?  One mag per rifle ain't much.

Those are Hollywood infinite-capacity magazines1.  They'll be fine.

1 Still waiting for Magpul to release those.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »

“Okay, I think I just pissed myself. I’m gonna go."

- Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
I kinda figured they were going to take the lesbians guns. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
I kinda figured they were going to take the lesbians guns. 

I guess they were going for the "Rick is Negan", "Negan is Rick" thing in this episode, given what Negan did as well. :)

So does anyone besides me think the season finale next week will be one hour, twenty nine minutes, fifty five seconds of buildup, then five seconds of "ATTACK!" (Be sure to tune in next season for the thrilling conclusion)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
"Be sure to tune in next season for the thrilling conclusion"

I guess that means I should finally get around to watching this season...

And the last episode of last season...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
I guess they were going for the "Rick is Negan", "Negan is Rick" thing in this episode, given what Negan did as well. :)

So does anyone besides me think the season finale next week will be one hour, twenty nine minutes, fifty five seconds of buildup, then five seconds of "ATTACK!" (Be sure to tune in next season for the thrilling conclusion)?
Fade to black as shots from both sides ring out. A main character or Tara dies but if the former we will not know until next season.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
My theory is Morgan is finally going to go full psycho Viking Ninja, and we'll next be seeing him wearing skins, scalps, and skulls.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
My theory is Morgan is finally going to go full psycho Viking Ninja, and we'll next be seeing him wearing skins, scalps, and skulls.

One can only wish.  I liked crazy Morgan.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2017, 11:35:06 PM »
Well,  it was good to see Negan and the Saviors  get a butt-kickin'  for a change.   But it seems they'll be back in greater force in October when the series returns.
Sasha  got a really  BAD  case of claustrophobia.  I'm not sure about the use of tigers as weapons but the one on this show can tell the difference between the good guys and badguys.  Good kitty.
A pretty decent season ender, if a little talky.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »
What was with the toy soldier and "didn't know"?
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2017, 09:12:53 AM »
Okay so I must have missed it but I guess at some point Dwight was seen carving the little soldier dudes. A couple seasons ago? Dwight is playing both sides.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
Yeah, that carved soldier was definitely a Dwight thing. I actually believe he has switched sides, because of his wife.

I'm trying to decide if I should give the finale a thumbs up or a thumbs neutral. They've had more irritating finales for sure, but though I wasn't completely disappointed, I wasn't super excited about this one either.

The garbage pail leader bugs the hell out of me. It's been what - a few years since the virus? Yet she's talking like it has been hundreds of years with her funky new offshoot language.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »
Not a bad finale, but only in comparison to the rest of the season (episode 1 excepted).

Re the Garbage Pail Kids: some fans have theorized that they're former mental patients, which sort-of explains the fractured language they use.

Casualties appeared to be fairly light on both sides, given the quantity of gunfire.  I guess having a tiger running around will upset one's concentration.

Like TommyGunn, I'm wondering how Shiva is able to tell the good guys from the bad.

- Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2017, 03:27:57 PM »
Yeah, that carved soldier was definitely a Dwight thing. I actually believe he has switched sides, because of his wife.

I'm trying to decide if I should give the finale a thumbs up or a thumbs neutral. They've had more irritating finales for sure, but though I wasn't completely disappointed, I wasn't super excited about this one either.

The garbage pail leader bugs the hell out of me. It's been what - a few years since the virus? Yet she's talking like it has been hundreds of years with her funky new offshoot language.

I've still never seen Walking Dead, and I'm particularly happy right now, because I'm imagining that as Dwight Schrute.

I want to see a post-Apocalyptic show starring Dwight Schrute....

And of course, WHY am I the only one who has thought of this? "The Office: Dead Men Walking (and Michael Scott)"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2017, 03:22:37 AM »
Like TommyGunn, I'm wondering how Shiva is able to tell the good guys from the bad.

...by the taste?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
Okay so I must have missed it but I guess at some point Dwight was seen carving the little soldier dudes. A couple seasons ago? Dwight is playing both sides.

One of the earlier episodes his room at the Saviour base was shown and it had a chessboard with hand carved pieces. Daryl knocked the board over when he escaped, he made a point of it. Dwight knew that and probably figured that Daryl would recognized one of the pieces if he left it behind.

Did anyone notice the Snake Plissken MAC-10 w/scope that Negan was shooting near the end of the episode?

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2017, 02:26:19 PM »
One of the earlier episodes his room at the Saviour base was shown and it had a chessboard with hand carved pieces. Daryl knocked the board over when he escaped, he made a point of it. Dwight knew that and probably figured that Daryl would recognized one of the pieces if he left it behind.

Did anyone notice the Snake Plissken MAC-10 w/scope that Negan was shooting near the end of the episode?

Noticed the gun, but didn't make the Escape From New York connection.

Here it is:  https://youtu.be/1Lq-9Jb1FNU?t=146

Not sure why one would put a magnified optic on a MAC, let alone mount it on the suppressor.  Because Hollywood?

- Barack Obama

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2017, 02:48:20 PM »
Noticed the gun, but didn't make the Escape From New York connection.

Here it is:  https://youtu.be/1Lq-9Jb1FNU?t=146

Not sure why one would put a magnified optic on a MAC, let alone mount it on the suppressor.  Because Hollywood?

A couple of weeks ago the show Supernatural had "Lucille" displayed. Jeffery Dean Morgan played the main character's father during the 1st few seasons.
https://youtu.be/ECJh6-hozWI

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »
Proof that Negan and Maggie can get along:  https://youtu.be/fDfz-i1yCFc?t=49

(although he keeps calling her Martha for some reason)
                         - Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »

No freaking way!  That's hilarious
JD

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »

Long enough to make a movie opening.

Too bad he didn't bring Lucille to that gunfight..... >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »

Didn't realize it when I watched the episode,  but it was brought up in Talking Dead.    Jeffrey Dean Morgan  was on that program, sporting a full beard.

He looked a lot like Saddam Hussein.    [popcorn]